Sorry, Razer.. I’m not switching

Nor should anyone else as Razer sends cherry picked units to reviewers. Any testing anyone reviewer does of thermals is 100% irrelevant. Their stuff is total junk as you guys found out a few years back when you actually bought Blades like everyone else and almost all of them had problems. Just look at the massive complaints in the review sections on Amazon of the major issues people have with them. Razer laptops are a massive trap.

Huh, lacks SD card slot, despite there being enough room to include one. Lacks HDMI slot, despite there also being room to include one. Otherwise functionality looks decent enough, if you can forgive the lack of customizability in your purchasing options.

For some, these faults are totally OK, and won't prevent the Razer Blade Blade Blade 3 Pro 2019 Ultra Slim Stealth Edition Edition "Razer doesn't understand how to name a product" Edition Gold Edition from being their daily driver or portable work machine.

But as someone who regularly uses SD cards for photography and who does presentations in boardrooms whose IT departments finally bit the bullet to upgrade to HDMI compatible projectors, well, this laptop just doesn't have the functionality I need, so nope.jpg

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | Koodo - 75GB Data + Data Rollover for $45/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

What I don't get is why some USB-C ports are different? Just make them all the same like on the MacBooks. The cost wow! I got my 15" MBP for around that price!.

Fwiw, you may want to moderate the comments on that video a bit more than usual considering that a new staff member is featured in the video. They're a lot more sexist (and racist) than usual.

Still waiting for anyone at LTT to mention or review the Huawei Matebook X Pro. Considering what it is offering it has been praised to be the best laptop of 2018. Fixing the issues with the IO issue of the surface laptop and keeping a very good design in trade for a awful Webcam.

Im going to keep mentioning this, but its a noteworthy laptop. So much clickbait can be formed around it. And yet nothing?

Spoiler

With the exception of lack of review unit i fail to see why there hasnt been a review of it. 

Does LTT have bad relations with Huawei?

17 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Still waiting for anyone at LTT to mention or review the Huawei Matebook X Pro. Considering what it is offering it has been praised to be the best laptop of 2018. Fixing the issues with the IO issue of the surface laptop and keeping a very good design in trade for a awful Webcam.

Im going to keep mentioning this, but its a noteworthy laptop. So much clickbait can be formed around it. And yet nothing?

Hide contents

With the exception of lack of review unit i fail to see why there hasnt been a review of it. 

Does LTT have bad relations with Huawei?

I'm just going to take a guess so this might not be accurate but we probably just missed it and by the time we realized it, it's too late to make a video on it.

Follow me on Twitter at: @edzelyago

Just now, Edzel Yago said:

I'm just going to take a guess so this might not be accurate but we probably just missed it and by the time we realized it, it's too late to make a video on it.

Sounds about right. I expected it to be something along the lines of that. Or just lack of review unit.

Hopefully you guys might have a followup on the Matebook 13 that was shown at CES. Apperantly a slight downgrade from the Pro X. 

Thanks for the response. 

Would love to see a coverage on any of these devices. 

I disagreed with most of the things Linus didn't like over the previous model, especially the keyboard layout. Full sized arrow keys over a right shift any day of the week. The squashed top/bottom layout is the worst. I also prefer a non-glossy screen over touch support. Working in sunlight is just so much easier with an anti-glare display, plus they look much better.

Also glad Razer ditched that cringe-worthy B L A D E branding.

Why not shed some Linus light on Lenovo ultrabooks?

The 13-14 inch 2018 Ideapad 720S and 12.5-13 inch Yogo 720/730 offer so much more "bang for your buck":

• price: under $900 (both)

• weight: less than 3lbs (both)

• CPU: Core i7-8550U or i5-8520U (both)

• RAM: 8GB DDR4 2400Mhz & 2133Mhz (respectively)

• screen resolution & brightess: 1920x1080, 255nits+ (both)

• color accuracy (sRGB/Adobe): 81-97%/54-75% & 84-99%/55-76% (respectively, your "mileage may vary")

• graphics: MX150 2GB or HD 620 (varies by model)

• I/O: 1-2 x USB-C Thunderbolt 3, 1-2 x USB 3.0, 1 x 3.5mm headphone jack (varies by model)

• keybard: backlit, decent layout & travel, fairly rigid/not too spongy

• battery capacity: 56Wh & 48Wh (respectively)

• Unlock features: fingerprint sensor and Windows Hello (AFAIK should work as long as you have Win 10 and a HD webcam)

• Average online review rating: 4/5

Lenovo Ultrabook Reviews & Buying Links:

Spoiler

[14-inch] Ideapad 720S buying links:

[14-inch] Ideapad 720S Reviews:

[13-inch] Ideapad 720S buying links:

[13-inch] Ideapad 720S Review:

[13-inch] Yoga 730 buying links:

[13-inch] Yoga 730 Reviews:

[13-inch] Yoga 720 buying links:

[13-inch] Yoga 720 Reviews:

[12.5-inch] Yoga 720 buying links:

[12.5-inch] Yoga 720 Reviews:

What's the possibility of a Lenovo ultrabook review in coming months?

MX150 allows for GeForce Now. 

And also, what was their reason behind changing the set apart from keeping it fresh? I kinda of prefer the more home feel of the other set. 

Postively speaking though, I hope the hand model will pass her probation. 

52 minutes ago, bindydad123 said:

MX150 allows for GeForce Now.

GeForce Now runs on anything. It worked fine on my old Sandy Bridge Intel HD Graphics

Why doesn't Razer just use a Ryzen APU in the Stealth Series? The higher end ones are even comparable to the MX150, well the cut down one anyways

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

16 hours ago, Results45 said:

What's the possibility of a Lenovo ultrabook review in coming months?

Spec wise it's a good value, but the build quality is very far from the competition. To me their most interesting laptop is the X1, and they haven't changed that since we last looked at it.

Fair enough. You guys seem to aim for laptop reviews where the device and brand should -- in theory -- match the expected high build quality, ease of use, and price (i.e. high end gaming-workstation systems and low end value/cloud computing thin clients).

But what about some of the stuff in the middle where slightly lower, but tolerable build quality meets quality specs and affordable pricing? Like sub-$900 ultrabooks and convertibles and quality student options between $400-$600*?

Cuz I feel that most people like me can't afford uber-end Surface Pros and Razer Blade Stealths while neither the the market for "value" $200-$300 laptops.

*low-end Dell Inspirons don't count (both of the ones I've owned crashed multiple times and died within a year).