How to stay hidden in the web

Hey guys,

I'd like to know from you how to stay totally "under cover" on line.

Is there any way besides having a VPN and kill switch on to stay hidden?

Thanks in advance!!

8 minutes ago, Hip said:

Hey guys,

Thanks in advance!!

torr browser?

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD 1700x Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VI Hero RAM: 4 * 8GB G.Skill RGB DDR4 Graphics: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 500GB Case: Fractal Design Meshify C PSU: EVGA 750w G3 Monitors: Dell SG2716DG +  2x Dell U2515H

Freenas specs:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5-2650 V2 Cooler: Some noctua cooler Motherboard: Supermicro X9 SRL-F RAM: 8 * 8GB Samsung DDR3 ECC Storage: 6 * 4TB Seagate 7200 RPM RAIDZ2 Controller: LSI H220 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro PSU: EVGA 650w G3

Phone: iPhone 6S 32 GB Space Grey

1 minute ago, ThatFlashCat said:

torr browser?

Yeah already using it.  ? 

16 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:
  Reveal hidden contents

1200px-Seal_of_the_Central_Intelligence_Agency_svg.thumb.png.72acbb41e6b63c5f3892289308f2e3c0.png

You forgot...

Spoiler

Seal_of_the_U.S._National_Security_Agency_svg.thumb.png.44a3183047fceb96fd7d72db19305983.png

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

18 minutes ago, Hip said:

Unplug your ethernet cable, don't use a phone, and don't use the internet.

18 minutes ago, Hip said:

This doesn't "keep you hidden"

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Unplug your ethernet cable, don't use a phone, and don't use the internet.

Turn off wireless, and put lead on the walls. Wireless router can be used to determine moving interference, like people. So that means that your wireless router can be used to track you in your home. You need to shield your home as the same can be applied for cellphone towers.

Oh and don't use Chrome or Edge...

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Turn off wireless, and put lead on the walls. Wireless router can be used to determine moving interference, like people. So that means that your wireless router can be used to track you in your home. You need to shield your home as the same can be applied for cellphone towers.

Oh and don't use Chrome or Edge...

Well tracking you in person is another matter, OP was just asking about on the web.

If he cares about being tracked as a person then he needs to move off-grid somewhere, without notifying any government agencies or anyone.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

There is absolutely no such thing as fully safe and hidden.  The Pentagon and NASA spends hundreds of millions of dollars each year and some 14yo can hack right in.

Binary is actually flawed math and can always be hacked.  Once you manipulate 1+1 or with another number, it can be twisted and manipulated to go on forever.  A Million-to-one chances can happen 9 times out of 10, because #1 (GOD) can assign it to anyone

CPU i7 4960x Ivy Bridge Extreme | 64GB Quad DDR-3 RAM | MBD Asus x79-Deluxe | RTX 2080 ti FE 11GB |
Thermaltake 850w PWS | ASUS ROG 27" IPS 1440p | | Win 7 pro x64 |

1572162930_fbiopenup.gif.66b376e419143a77522d460440f09e1f.gif

FBI OPEN UP

/jk

On a serious note though, use Tor Browser and a VPN. Log out of your Google and Microsoft accounts if you have them.

If you want to just disappear from the web, unplug any landline phones and routers and don't use any mobile phones. 

1 hour ago, Enderman said:

Well tracking you in person is another matter, OP was just asking about on the web.

If he cares about being tracked as a person then he needs to move off-grid somewhere, without notifying any government agencies or anyone.

I was just making a joke.

My actual statement was bellow. Which is using VPN is nice but if you use Chrome for example, then you activity is logged, and that activity may be requested by police. So even if you clear your history, or clear select sites, or used Incognito mode, you are are still tracked.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

My actual statement was bellow. Which is using VPN is nice but if you use Chrome for example, then you activity is logged, and that activity may be requested by police. So even if you clear your history, or clear select sites, or used Incognito mode, you are are still tracked.

Even if you don't use chrome it still gets tracked by the search engine, every website you visit, the ISP of every website you visit, etc.

So yeah the only way to really stop it is to not use the internet.

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Firewrath9 said:

you forgot

Reveal hidden contents

Image result for irs

No, you forgot

Spoiler

1AB1781F-6AE3-4611-A797-A1092515A9FC.jpeg.b89a841c1e3297e55ea3eccb9a43d70d.jpeg

17 hours ago, 1kv said:

1572162930_fbiopenup.gif.66b376e419143a77522d460440f09e1f.gif

FBI OPEN UP

/jk

On a serious note though, use Tor Browser and a VPN. Log out of your Google and Microsoft accounts if you have them.

If you want to just disappear from the web, unplug any landline phones and routers and don't use any mobile phones. 

And how can I use the internet without a router then? xD

16 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

Is that the same with Brave? Brave is based on chromium.

16 hours ago, Enderman said:

Even if you don't use chrome it still gets tracked by the search engine, every website you visit, the ISP of every website you visit, etc.

So yeah the only way to really stop it is to not use the internet.

What can my ISP save when I only use VPN?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

Kinda hard to get one. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

The problem is even if you take all the precautions in the world, you're still a creature of habit and everything is gathering data on you. The more you do things in a structured way, the more unique you're making yourself look.

The secure way to stay hidden online is to not use any form of electronic communication (and even that's not foolproof)

Here's how to do it:

- get Tails Linux (it's free)

- install it on an USB drive (don't install from within windows)

- boot from said USB drive

- use Tor, DuckGoGo, and VPN from within Tails Linux

- don't log in from your own wifi, company wifi, or anything that can be trailed back to you 

Voila, you're as incognito as you can possibly get. Don't ask me why I researched this stuff. 

(ffc, if they really wanna find you, they are always ways, but let's be real, all of us here are too painfully average to be of interest to super duper undercover government organizations)

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.