Youtube trends you hate

poochyena

So I enter a lot of gleam giveaways and many have "watch this video" requirement, so basically, I have watched a lot of low tier youtubers and there are two things they do that really annoy me.
1."HEY GUYS, WHATS UP??". Every single one of them start their videos off like this. I don't get it. Its such a weird and awkward opening.

2.So many youtuber get SO close to the camera that it actually makes me feel uncomfortable https://i.imgur.com/FpkjcUE.jpg

So what youtube trends do you hate?

The excitement wars that have been going on for almost a decade now. It seems that most YouTubers are trying to outcompete each other in just how loud, hyper and, yes, excited they are.

Watching any type of vlog these days seems more like an assault on your senses than it does entertainment. Everyone is seemingly afraid of silence and boredom.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Every one of them.

All those "YO YO YO IT'S YA BOY GAMERDUDE69XX RIGHT BACK AT YA...." Etc. Intros.

But the thing I HATE the most is videos about whatever which I watch months or years later that start off with a 5 minute intro saying "yea.. I know I haven't uploaded in a long time..." Etc. I talked to a friend about this the other day and it's because dedicated 'update videos' don't work. It's just that those updates are not relevant at all to me years or months later.

Videos which talk about giveaway, but fail to mention it's North America only is so annoying too; as they usually only Menton it on the giveaway page

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I hate vloggers.

Not all vloggers, but just vloggers that overhype every single thing they do and try to stretch out the video as long as possible. I also hate people who flex money.

Seriously, there's a plethora of vloggers that hype up their viewers by saying s**t like "WE FOUND WHAT IN THIS ABANDONED HOUSE?! (3AM CHALLENGE) (GONE WRONG)" or "WE MET WHO?!" and then they stretch out the hype for like 5 videos (that are all over 10 minutes of course) constantly saying "OMG GUYS WHAT DO U THINK IT IS" or "WHO DO U THINK WE MET GUYS". Then when they finally reveal "what they found" or "who they met" it turns out to be really underwhelming. 

TL;DR - I hate people who try to hype up their videos by saying "hey guys i found this thing what do u think it is" for multiple videos straight and then when they do reveal what it is, the video is stretched out as long as possible and is just awful and underwhelming.

Well, you choose what you watch.. The more mainstream it gets, the more hyperbeasts you will encounter. It's a way to keep the attention of the viewer but I find it irritating as well. The problem is that YouTube rewards this kind of behaviour, simply because it gets more views. Same for clickbait titles, and very emotional faces in thumbnails. Once you have noticed the extreme looks on peoples faces in thumbnails, it's hard to ignore.

YouTubers that are on the other end, and do these kind of things very well are LGR (starts with "Greetings" and a friendly voice throughout the video), This Old Tony, GamersNexus, Level 1 Techs to name a few.

It's sad to see people that say "Like this video or I will delete your Fortnite account" (MrBeast) have so much influence on the algorithm that the quality content is snowed under an avalanche of clickbait and hype. The algorithm is clearly not looking for quality, and it can be done much better. YouTube rewind is reflecting so much on YouTube's actual knowledge of the content it's scaring me.

I hope FloatPlane does do much better at this 

No signature found

Aiming manipulative/sexual content at children is always a pretty bad one. It's not a "trend", per se, but it certainly is a problem.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

This:

• Clickbait thumbnails
  • Hyperactivity 10/10
  • Everyone who uses memes beyond the point it's even funny (TBH most pewdiepie memes arent even funny..)
  • Like, Sub etc...
  • Flexing and saying im not trying to flex
  • THIS

YouTube kids and elsagate, finger family videos still racking up immense viewcounts and toy unboxings as well as candy videos being obsessed over by children.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Oh yeah, and stupid merch. Some merch is nice and handy but some merch is just aweful. Seeing YouTubers selling them like this:

Is annoying

No signature found

7 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

YouTube kids and elsagate, finger family videos still racking up immense viewcounts and toy unboxings as well as candy videos being obsessed over by children.

This. Linus HATES that his firetruck video is the most watched on the channel. Perfect example of how the algorithm... algorithms.

No signature found

35 minutes ago, Minibois said:

5 minute intro saying "yea.. I know I haven't uploaded in a long time..."

I hate those. No one cares that you haven't uploaded in a while, or if they do, they already know this, and they don't need to know that you were thinking about not making the video or the long backstory on why you decided to make the video. Just get to the point!
I've made it a habit to skip the first ~10% of update type videos just because they always start them off with filler.

15 minutes ago, poochyena said:

I hate those. No one cares that you haven't uploaded in a while, or if they do, they already know this, and they don't need to know that you were thinking about not making the video or the long backstory on why you decided to make the video. Just get to the point!
I've made it a habit to skip the first ~10% of update type videos just because they always start them off with filler.

Just because of the annoying intros + updates at the beginning + the general BS'ing at the start I have learned to skip roughly the first 10% of nearly all videos.

For example, you may recognize this one, all Pokemon videos start with something along the line of:

"We all know Pokemon, the game that released late into the GameBoy lifecycle that took over the nation and the rest of the world. The objective in these games has always been to be the very best, like no one ever was! [SEE WHAT I DID THERE?E??!??!], which you do by roaming across the region, collecting all Pokemon, defeating a whole bunch of people, to in the end beat the Elite Four and the champion. etc. etc."

And now we're at the point that first type of intro has become a meme and people are saying stuff like "Do I really need to introduce Pokemon?? The hit that started on the Gameboy and has been a main staple of Nintendo handheld systems for years.. etc."

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Uploading streams/twitch streams as videos.

I already am not a fan of streams due to them being interrupted ever 1/4 of a second by some retarded sound effect and the person saying "Thank you (person) for (donation/sub)".

Now add in them stopping to answer stream questions without being able to see the chat so you're trying to piece together the complete exchange from only 1/2 the conversation.

3 hours ago, poochyena said:

."HEY GUYS, WHATS UP??". Every single one of them start their videos off like this. I don't get it. Its such a weird and awkward opening

Hey guys, this is Austin

55 minutes ago, Snadzies said:

Uploading streams/twitch streams as videos.

People who re-upload someone else's twitch stream. Like "top funny drdisrespect moments" uploaded by someone with 12 subscribers.

Clickbait titles

Clickbait thumbnails (the particularly egregious ones where it's a picture of a girl grabbing her breasts on a video titled "you won't believe what they got banned from twitch for")

18:9 aspect ratio

And more of a problem on YouTube side...

Videos stuck at 360p

Mid roll ads in videos

Ads that are in what looks like 240p 

If I pause a video on my TV, such as when benchmark results are up on screen, YouTube pops up so much junk on the screen that I can't see what it was that I want to look at. I paused so I could look at something, piss off with your video recommendations.

If I watch 30 seconds of a 10min video, dislike the video and stop watching... as soon as I return to my recommended feed it will still be filled with 13 other similar videos. I've now gotten in to the habit of using incognito mode to watch random YouTube videos just so it doesn't destroy my accounts recommended feed. YouTube really needs a "I'm not interested in this topic" option to remove those results from your recommend feed like how you can do for news in Google news in Android

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

"gaming" channels that have a fix for a particular issue some people have. Because it's always the same intro, dubstep playing over an after effects visual of their name/logo that seems to all have followed the exact same tutorial 

Speaking of tutorials; tutorial videos where instead of talking they type on notepad in real time... 

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

Watch YouTube channels bashing “MVMT” and “Daniel Wellington” in the millionth video bashing MVMT and Daniel Wellington, all the while worshipping Seiko and Rolex. There’s no room for personal preference and individuality in the watch collecting community. 

10 hours ago, poochyena said:

1."HEY GUYS, WHATS UP??". Every single one of them start their videos off like this. I don't get it. Its such a weird and awkward opening.

I actually like Lordminion777's iteration of it.

But it's a particularly large reason I like Graystillplays.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Content that is overly memish...meme-ish? Basically content that relies heavily on sound effects, visual effects, and meme references to be funny. A video here and there is completely fine. But there seem to be more and more channels trending toward that.

There's no place like ~

Spoiler

Problems and solutions:

FreeNAS

Spoiler

Dell Server 11th gen

Spoiler

ESXI

Spoiler

T series. 

Clickbait thumbnails are obvious so I won't click them, but I don't hate them. What I hate us the trend with hosts making stupid faces and put those photos in the thumbnails. I simply can't stand those. It is also a reason why the last time I watched LTT video is measured in years now. I also hate when hosts are monkeying around. It is absolutely annoying to watch. 

I recently tend to watch many outdoor channels and what I hate in some of them is when 80% of the shot which is supposed to be in the nature is someone's face instead of the landscape. FFS, if I want to watch eg. ascent to Mt. Everest, I want to look at Mt. Everest not your face. They also tend to put idiotic dubstep music into those videos so I just have to mute everything. I want to hear surrounding sounds not some stupid music when watching videos. I am fine with occasional music or music blended with surrounding sounds, but NOT loud music without any sounds of the nature.

And final rant is about fail videos when small kids unknowingly swear. They just beep it. In that case I don't know what kid was telling and as far as I could know kid could say any non vulgar word which they censored it. It is just standard non fail video in that case.

make shitty reality tv shows disguise as tech video *cough* ltt

for real tho, make a channel in the name of food, like cheddar, mustard, sesame etc; fill about us section with nonsensical info like "we make good video about nature and tech bla bla"; read wikipedia article companied with stock footage from storyblock etc.

i really like explanatory content, even dry, boring shows like scishow where they dont even bother with b-rolls. what annoys me is they try so hard to hide the human factors in their channel. everything they do is pleasing the algorthim, the search engine. like catchy channel name, how XX work titles and whatnot.

exception: half as interesting, wendolver productions.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

bizarrely the thing i hate the most is the thing i watch the most...media critique, be it games of movies i cant get enough of the horrible stuff and its everywhere on youtube,

every talent less person who couldn't make a game or a movie but has to critique those who do is on my subscribe list, i think i have a problem

Rediculous looking thumbnails, bonus points for a super surprised looking face, pretty much clickbaity images.

This channel always made me chuckle with their thumbnail consistency : https://www.youtube.com/user/Matthiasiam/videos

Gaming - Ryzen 5800X3D | 64GB 3200mhz  MSI 6900 XT Mini-ITX SFF Build

Home Server (Unraid OS) - Ryzen 2700x | 48GB 3200mhz |  EVGA 1060 6GB | 6TB SSD Cache [3x2TB] 66TB HDD [11x6TB]