Pay Less, Get More.. 2018 is Messed Up - Honor 8X Showcase

CPotter

Check out the brand NEW #Honor 8X at https://bit.ly/2Ri7pdS 

Thanks to Honor for sponsoring this video!

Use #CheerForHonor8X on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and let us know what you love about the Honor 8X, and be entered into a giveaway for a chance to win the new Honor Magic 2.

We'll also be picking 2 lucky winners who will receive these Honor 8X devices that we featured in this video!

@CPotter is their a ather float plane video coming today ? need more linus :) 

"i reject your reality and substitute my own"

--- Workstion --- GamePc ---   

"College great Dropout Engineering"

Pay Less, Get More

AfC79o9.png

Pay More, Get Less

Y3e9Xi-lw.jpg

ASUS X470-PRO • R7 1700 4GHz • Corsair H110i GT P/P • 2x MSI RX 480 8G • Corsair DP 2x8 @3466 • EVGA 750 G2 • Corsair 730T • Crucial MX500 250GB • WD 4TB

"intelligent battery saving"

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

Are we really back to the "Showcases" shit again

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

a phone showcase sponsored by the manufacturer... great. 

I'm sure this won't be biased at all. 

(for those who don't understand, that was sarcasm. this type of video is disgusting because no flaws get mentioned at all)

She/Her

Sponsored reviews are a huge conflict of interest, you were entirely positive in this video, as if it had no flaws whatsoever. It didn't feel genuine in any way, more like corporate boardroom approved advertisement. I prefer when your sponsors for videos are not related to the product, which removes any conflicts that may come up. You also never mention that these phones have a locked bootloader and never get any updates. I still love LTT and always will, but this was trash, please do better going forward.

I don't see why people have a problem with someone other than them earning a living. I thought LTT showed a reasonably balanced review whilst demonstrating the comments made...I must admit I particularly enjoyed the phone not recognizing his car...perhaps that was proof of how far AI has come that it now has a sense of humour ?

Thoroughly enjoyed the video and I'll happily #CheerForHonor8X but I'm not particularly tech savvy ?

@Rey Izain the issue is if a showcase or review is sponsored by the manufacturer of the product it's going to be biased. 

you can have a sponsor, just not the brand of which you are reviewing a product. 

She/Her

On 10/7/2018 at 8:10 PM, firelighter487 said:

@Rey Izain the issue is if a showcase or review is sponsored by the manufacturer of the product it's going to be biased. 

you can have a sponsor, just not the brand of which you are reviewing a product. 

That's a difference of degree, not of kind: Every time a media outlet reviews a product made by a company with which they've had an advertising relationship, that's a source of bias.  Every time a media outlet reviews a product made by a company that gives them review samples (ESPECIALLY ones that they don't have to give back within the useful lifetime of the product), that's a source of bias.  

Mind you, I can appreciate the value of saying, "This far, but no farther," but let's be real here.  

5 hours ago, JCHelios said:

That's a difference of degree, not of kind: Every time a media outlet reviews a product made by a company with which they've had an advertising relationship, that's a source of bias.  Every time a media outlet reviews a product made by a company that gives them review samples (ESPECIALLY ones that they don't have to give back within the useful lifetime of the product), that's a source of bias.  

Mind you, I can appreciate the value of saying, "This far, but no farther," but let's be real here.  

i know that, but providing hardware and controlling the video to such an extent that no negative things are mentioned at all is a big difference. 

besides, if intel and amd both provide review samples the two bias's cancel each other out :) 

She/Her

Wait wait wait... Hold up... Just stop... You mean the only way in hell we are ever only going to get a damn review of cheaper possibly better based on $ value phones is if Linus gets paid a butt ton of money??? SERIOUSLY?!

I'm actually interested in this phone (mostly due to specs and price), but I want a real review not some BS paid one... 

On 10/6/2018 at 7:12 PM, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Are we really back to the "Showcases" shit again

Bixby? oh Bixby... I love Bixby...

/s

All seriousness I find showcases offensive to this channel esp ones like this video (or worst Bixby)... 4GB Ram vs a iPhone? I know for a fact the iPhone will out preform this phone in a ton of uses. Doesn't touch on the fact it uses LCD instead of OLED which will drain the battery faster naturally... Doesn't state run times, like how long the battery will last...

Every time I see a showcase, the only thing I see is Linus selling out. Nothing more, I understand he needs to pay his workers and himself, but reality is I want to know more about this phone and how it actually works. Not how the company wants it portrayed.

LVY2jhM.gif

Also also, all phones can handle up to the max specs permitted based on the file format. This means that while currently not possible every phone that can use exFAT should be able to handle the 512 TB recommended... There are workarounds to get these things to work if said device refuses to format it. I've done it, so going oh oooo aaaa about it exceeding the 400GB max is really over playing it.

Oh look I found 2 better videos about this phone by lessor known youtubers...

On 10/6/2018 at 3:00 PM, aezakmi said:

I wish I could upvote this twice.  Not a dig against this phone either, it's just true in general

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.