Intel 9th gen unlock cpu specs leaked (updated)

NumLock21
1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

The day Ryzen was released everyone magically became a video editor on this forum and anything less that 8 cores is unacceptable. 

I'm a software engineer, I like cores, cors are great, Hyperthreading is even better, compiling a project with 400+ cpp dmf and h files

EDIT: I actually couldnt work with an 8 Core 8 Thread setup, My VM's use like 14 Threads

1 minute ago, ZeouLs said:

Maybe only the first core? And the others at stock speed

Very likely. 

The turbo frequency when all cores are active is probably more within the mid-4GHz mark 

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

1 minute ago, mynameisjuan said:

The day Ryzen was released everyone magically became a video editor on this forum and anything less that 8 cores is unacceptable. 

OBS - NVENC or QuickSync

Handbrake - QuickSync

Premiere - QuickSync

I'll quote myself from @The Benjamins's status update about this link

Why would they go out of their way to gimp the 9700K and make it non hyper threaded? Why not keep 6c/12T? It's literally worse than the 8700K for multi threaded loads. Fuck, its worse than the 8086k which is just a factory OC'd 8700K.... That is so stupid if it's true.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

2 minutes ago, AlfaProto said:

What's the point of consumers getting more than 6 cores? Video editing? Streaming?

We have NVENC and QuickSync, and the quality difference between CPU vs GPU accelerated en/decode is not that noticeable, and truthfully, no one is going to scrutinise frame-by-frame the quality.

I would say that consumers do need more RAM these days than cores. (I'm looking at you, Google Chrome!)

Just now, GoldenLag said:

Seems like 5ghz is the new intel buzzword......

5 GHz is a magical number, because of Moore's law. After 5.5 GHz the silicon is just not the best option.

1 minute ago, captain_to_fire said:

You can't. Intel's laptop CPUs uses BGA socket whereas desktop CPUs use LGA.

That was a JOKE. :D I hope you understand that.

8 minutes ago, sazrocks said:

I dont see how they could all have a 95w TDP. Seriously, 8 cores at 5 GHz? Unlikely.

95W TDP, to maintain under thermal junction, at base clock (3.6), across all cores, with a heavy workload (non AVX).

Just now, seoz said:

Well, at least I know if I ever upgrade CPU, it's going to be Coffee Lake's 8700K, unless the 9700K's thermals are top-notch.

Side note: i9-9900 is extremely fun to say.

Imagine i9-9990K

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I'll quote myself from @The Benjamins's status update about this link

Hey, if it's the same price as the previous ~$350, I don't care what it's called.

I can't wait to toss this chip under water. Might actually finish up my water chiller project for this.

If this thing can MCE at 5ghz stock then it will be a bad day for AMD.

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

Side note: i9-9900 is extremely fun to say.

Intel Core iNein NeinNeinNeinty Kei

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1

Just now, Dylanc1500 said:

Hey, if it's the same price as the previous ~$350, I don't care what it's called.

$350 for an 8c/8t CPU? That's still less performance than the 6c/12t CPU we have now for that price! If this is true, the 9700k is a step backwards in pretty much every way

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

5 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

hey, at least more people could casually venture a bit into video editing when they feel like it, eh?

They could with an i7 before. Not saying more cores is a bad thing but 8 is def not required

Just now, TVwazhere said:

$350 for an 8c/8t CPU? That's still less performance than the 6c/12t CPU we have now for that price! If this is true, the 9700k is a step backwards in pretty much every way

My apologies, I haven't slept in awhile. In my brain I swapped 9700 and 9900 in your post. I also didn't complete my train of thought with "the highest tiered option".

I'm waiting for Episode 3 of @LinusTech's "Tech Walks" but the title will be "WTF is Intel thinking". \

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

8 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

i7 lost hyperthreading ._. as the popular speak goes: "Big if True"

if we're still on the "Games aren't as multithreaded as people would like to" then what's the point of buying an i7 now? (considering the 1 and 2 core turbos could do a bit of overclocking to keep up)

then on the i9 part, I don't know if disabling hyperthreading for the extra clockspeeds on lousy chips are worth the trade-off with a 6C12t configuration. unless they did that to not cannibalise the i9 part (probably ask Canon to compare notes)

Those who have experience with multithreaded workload knows that getting around the issues of multithreaded programming is no joke. 

1 minute ago, Dylanc1500 said:

My apologies, I haven't slept in awhile. In my brain I swapped 9700 and 9900 in your post. I also didn't complete my train of thought with "the highest tiered option".

Sadly I doubt Intel's 8c/16T will be $350, because they will market it as "30% better than Ryzen 2700x" or something. I mean the 8700k when launched was at or over $400 for like five months (Then Ryzen 2 launched in Feb and their prices shot way down)

12 minutes ago, Dylanc1500 said:

This leak seems to imply they are going to add a new higher tier, with the 9700k 8c8t replacing the 8700k 6c12t, and the i9 9900k 8c16t costing more.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

Just now, TVwazhere said:

Sadly I doubt Intel's 8c/16T will be $350, because they will market it as "30% better than Ryzen 2700x" or something. I mean the 8700k when launched was at or over $400 for like five months (Then Ryzen 2 launched in Feb and their prices shot way down)

Yes, but Intel themselves called for 359. However, retailers sold it for more because of the large demand and low availability at the time. You could get it from microcenter for $279 awhile back with $30 off a motherboard.

This is a shake up compared to the past so we shall see.

4 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

It will be in that same range. It was only over $400 because of mark up, Intels price was like $359. Intel knows not to go much higher than $400 on their consumer chips

16 minutes ago, PeterBocan said:

5 GHz is a magical number, because of Moore's law. After 5.5 GHz the silicon is just not the best option.

Isnt 5.5 Ghz the magical number then?

Just because 5 is a round number doesnt mean its a round number in every number system. So should 5.5 Ghz be the magical number?

2 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Intel knows not to go much higher than $400 on their consumer chips

Mark my words, Intel will do whatever the fuck it wants if Zen 2 is a flop. There's a reason it's called the Intel Tax. 

3 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

This leak seems to imply they are going to add a new higher tier, with the 9700k 8c8t replacing the 8700k 6c12t, and the i9 9900k 8c16t costing more.

I suppose time will tell. It's hard to predict because this is new model that could shift the product stack entirely for the first time in quite awhile.

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

Isnt 5.5 Ghz the magical number then?

Just because 5 is a round number doesnt mean its a round number in every number system. So should 5.5 Ghz be the magical number?

Well, people love round numbers, don't they? But it will impossible to hit 6 GHz on Silicon substrate with air cooling. 

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Mark my words, Intel will do whatever the fuck it wants if Zen 2 is a flop. There's a reason it's called the Intel Tax. 

Well, to be fair they do whatever the shareholders want lol.