In Six Months, 'Fortnite: Battle Royale' Has Cut PUBG's PC Playerbase In Half

Damirmk
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Keep this civil, and remember our community guidelines.

You can mock PUBG all you want even though the recent reviews are mostly negative I found a few positive reviews for the game that show a different side to pubg... one that will make you think before going on icky ewy fortnite (ugh gross!)! These are some of my faves xD

image.png.a1497eceae7c9b1e7db7d5dfdda2b387.pngimage.png.2cbfb97aaaf0da93eb1c1933e623dfa3.pngimage.png.9d08a45bf0c9eadd8257204694f5d831.pngimage.png.05ebb5238a7378ea80e965e917bec9bf.pngimage.png.6cf4e3b4793178b423f0c8c7c422809d.png

whoa... ok and these are just a few of their satisfied customers... seriously go to the steam page and read the comments you will LOOOL~

Bolivia.

40 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

why then are ppl leaving pubg?

Because, as I stated, apparently there are still a lot of cheaters and "game-breaking" bugs, and people with PCs more powerful than mine still complain about performance issues.

Why are you defending Fortnite so strongly?

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 hour ago, kelvinhall05 said:

mCgY01DTJAEVSEPjd2CBLO4VF41bwbe2n7dxf5eGjwHbwWcoQvKEYY74hGANoBbn4IDirDKnVIRbXp90xCrZVUKGx0FyH8y_TsBn1NkOxx7Ohx2Da9k4h6DKaUrgfLMXf0e0BWAaFykNaMbQ0neXitlNuj8CM5JbS1ooCgTvWrny4kyLpp9_r_KzVT3B2VCB1UhcCJm8qCyfwCiDn0yx3ivoFWg2a6ENn9KQbcgP8muqtP9BXG4n4s6_P61XWYL4FO4oqxxC6lp95xJvOnZ_2OfS6ZM_n0L-9nNsNdtDz83bbP2z9pwLg6O6OeHpND-npuInSSzUgMITexQq-EYai063Fhr7jvsrDkHA8dgFnUyBX9k4a12m4x6qjYJWqDH_lO_HzYwJQfFrSVzEZjd4CSM44xC2vLZDYmKrFv43ccuiKCtuuDJ1K0Kf4n2wBoVCr0aT3IBJtRqdZuPh1KSVgJ4s8SQK_c2xyWA9I2A-9OhY5dl9wTm4jFgFgcm0heebokJxpbQtRjsahVE-7MxZcC6XjZnfr1ToFBv9-BPixLruBI_UKs4M5PGF5Smpyqg_UqVhMI7T1aplCIk6GshnzKtwWMdKUa_K25cG3_A=w373-h662-no

Is this shit serious? It's called capitalism and it's the world we live in. Literally nothing in that idiotic rant is correct.

You don't have a conflict of interest just because you make something your competition relies on.

There's nothing stopping anybody from creating anything they like, assuming they acquire any necessary rights needed before they sell the product.

Brendon Green didn't invent Battle Royale and he doesn't have the rights to tell anybody they can't make a Battle Royale game.

Is there any evidence Epic have "increased fees" for Blue Hole to rent UE? Any indication they intend to?

Is there anything in this entire rant that isn't flat out false, conjecture or opinion?

You wanna know the truth. Epic could stand up in court and openly admit they decided to create fortnite because they saw how popular PUBG was and it wouldn't hurt their case at all. Why? Because that's not illegal, never has been, never will be.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

Is this shit serious? It's called capitalism and it's the world we live in. Literally nothing in that idiotic rant is correct.

You don't have a conflict of interest just because you make something your competition relies on.

There's nothing stopping anybody from creating anything they like, assuming they acquire any necessary rights needed before they sell the product.

Brendon Green didn't invent Battle Royale and he doesn't have the rights to tell anybody they can't make a Battle Royale game.

Is there any evidence Epic have "increased fees" for Blue Hole to rent UE? Any indication they intend to?

Is there anything in this entire rant that isn't flat out false, conjecture or opinion?

True, those are good points. But this isn't my post.

Yes, Brendon didn't invent BR, and no, AFAIK there is no evidence to support Bluehole having increased fees.

And maybe it is all opinionated bullshit (like everything that comes out of my mouth), but some of it may hold some truth.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

4 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

True, those are good points. But this isn't my post.

Yes, Brendon didn't invent BR, and no, AFAIK there is no evidence to support Bluehole having increased fees.

And maybe it is all opinionated bullshit (like everything that comes out of my mouth), but some of it may hold some truth.

Just an FYI, what I said was aimed at the image you posted, not you.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Just now, Master Disaster said:

Just an FYI, what I said was aimed at the image you posted, not you.

My bad, haha. Thanks for the clarification.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

This isn't all that surprising. The game ran like shit when I bought it. Not to mention they have it behind a paywall while fortnite is free and actually runs fairly well on most systems. 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB

32 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

You can mock PUBG all you want even though the recent reviews are mostly negative I found a few positive reviews for the game that show a different side to pubg... one that will make you think before going on icky ewy fortnite (ugh gross!)! These are some of my faves xD

Spoiler

image.png.a1497eceae7c9b1e7db7d5dfdda2b387.pngimage.png.2cbfb97aaaf0da93eb1c1933e623dfa3.pngimage.png.9d08a45bf0c9eadd8257204694f5d831.pngimage.png.05ebb5238a7378ea80e965e917bec9bf.pngimage.png.6cf4e3b4793178b423f0c8c7c422809d.png

whoa... ok and these are just a few of their satisfied customers... seriously go to the steam page and read the comments you will LOOOL~

All the game breaking bugs, de-sync,lag, tons of cheaters and awful optimization is really unacceptable for a game that costs $29.99 which should be a bit more finished than needing high end hardware to have a playable game. And the dev suing Epic like they invented the battle royale mode instead of improving their game, no way would I pay $30 for that. PUBG would have to make it free and actually care about the players first before i'd consider it. Not sure why people still defend PUBG corp.

4 hours ago, Voids said:

Oh someone is angry. 

Don't you mean...

Spoiler

maxresdefault.jpg

someone end me already

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

I don't know if it's solely Fortnite's doing that PUBG has lost so many numbers, I think that if you look at the peak daily players for both games Fortnite was hitting near to it's current numbers before PUBG really started to slump.

I've stopped playing PUBG but did not pickup Fortnite as I've played it and just didn't enjoy it.  It's more that I am just fatigued with PUBG.  Will play again when the new map is released but after playing it most days for a year or so wanted to play something different.

On 6/2/2018 at 8:38 PM, Commodus said:

That's a good way to boil it down.  It doesn't cost anything to get started; spending money doesn't give you an advantage; you can play on everything from a cutting-edge PC to a two-year-old phone.

On phones you can play PUBGM, which is a great training ground for the pc version. And if you decide to use Tencent's official emulator (the android game on PC with better optimization,  few on screen mobile controls, and keyboard/mouse compatibility. They keep it fair; you are only paired with Emu users, of which there are plenty ) you can play it on just about any pc and get at least 25fps. It's less well known than Fortnite, for sure, but it is actually easier to run. It's getting to be better than the pc version IMO. Less bugs, glitches, fewer hackers, etc. 

If you want to check it out;

https://syzs.qq.com/en/

8 minutes ago, MORKILLZRCR said:

On phones you can play PUBGM, which is a great training ground for the pc version. And if you decide to use Tencent's official emulator (the android game on PC with better optimization,  few on screen mobile controls, and keyboard/mouse compatibility. They keep it fair; you are only paired with Emu users, of which there are plenty ) you can play it on just about any pc and get at least 25fps. It's less well known than Fortnite, for sure, but it is actually easier to run. It's getting to be better than the pc version IMO. Less bugs, glitches, fewer hackers, etc. 

If you want to check it out;

https://syzs.qq.com/en/

Oh, definitely aware of PUBG's mobile version!  It's just that Fortnite is even more accessible in some ways... it's on PS4 and Mac, for instance, and it's apparently heading to the Switch.  Basically, you're only out of the party if you either run Linux or your hardware isn't powerful enough.

I played Fortnite a couple of times and i actually really enjoyed it with a team, on my first game i was the 2nd to last person to die (Yay for run and hide while building walls around yourself tactic), however after a few games it got a bit stale for me it would be great as a team for an hour or so but solo it would be bad as communication is the key and in all my years of gaming have i ever seen a team of solo queued player communicate on anything other than BMing their teammates

Played Fortnite a few times. Only fun with a team. Don't enjoy building though so PUBG has better gameplay IMO. That said PUBG runs like a pile of horse crap on most systems.

played fortnite i couple of times, got turned off by the building aspect

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

My cousin told me about Fortnite and he told he likes it more than GTAV. And I keep hearing and reading bad stories about PUBG, so Fortnite being beating PUBG explains that. I know PUBG is against cheating but arresting others, really? And lootboxes and bugs? Lmfao, ***** off, PUBG.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

played fortnite i couple of times, got turned off by the building aspect

Well I mean the based game is about building and tower defense.

17 minutes ago, mynameisjuan said:

Well I mean the based game is about building and tower defense.

the base game, the PvE, i wouldn't mind playing that. Fortnite's BR interpratation didn't like it one bit

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Just now, suicidalfranco said:

the base game, the PvE, i wouldn't mind playing that. Fortnite's BR interpratation didn't like it one bit

Fortnite itself is a great game. Battle royal is a stupid game mode. 

On 6/2/2018 at 3:47 PM, Cole5 said:

Did it though? Or did people just realize PuGB is trash?

I Think PUBG players are Quitting i don't think there all going to Fortnight though some might.. Its not like If you stop playing pubg your only choice is Fortnight.... Weird Assumption Personally i just play PUBG a lot less as it seems they'll never fix its Technical Problems. They are launching a 3rd map and balanced all the guns lately but When my FPS drops crazy and lag is terrible at times. 

I think it is more that people are just getting bored / done with PUBG. I personally stopped playing it after about 150 hours. It was fun, but it was just getting old playing on the same old maps.

Not necessarily due to Fortnite, because I never touched Fortnite. I know many of my friends similarly just stopped playing PUBG period. The hype is over, and people who put 100's of hours into it are just moving on to other games.

Perhaps if they had done a better job of keeping the game fresh, introducing new maps faster, other game modes (car based combat such as H1Z1 introduced I think), etc. I think they got a bit caught off guard by other games that were innovating. They didn't expect people to just move on and the same old gameplay loop on 2 maps wasn't going to keep people interested forever.

Same thing happens with games like Overwatch: they keep it fresh with events, skins, unlockables, etc. Or games like Battlefield: once I get bored with the base maps, they release DLC, so it feels fresh again. Or they have unlockables that you can play towards, etc.

From what i hear, Fortnite is doing a much better job of keeping it fresh by releasing new content periodically.

On 6/4/2018 at 8:35 AM, Commodus said:

Oh, definitely aware of PUBG's mobile version!  It's just that Fortnite is even more accessible in some ways... it's on PS4 and Mac, for instance, and it's apparently heading to the Switch.  Basically, you're only out of the party if you either run Linux or your hardware isn't powerful enough.

That is certainly correct. I personally doubt PUBG will ever go to mac..but the mobile port might get developed in such a way to allow that. PUBGM is a massive possible income source for them, they just don't know it yet.  I think that if they, well, ported the port to Console and Switch+mac etc, everybody would be happier. Consoles can hardly handle their version of PUBG as is. They would run fine on the Mobile version. Perhaps marketing the PUBGM Emulator as PUBG Lite (?)

On 6/3/2018 at 11:25 AM, 2Buck said:

What does it matter that I didn't say I was tired of hearing about Fortnite specifically? I made it clear in my post that I was talking about all Battle Royale games, and therefore, Fortnite. I said, in these exact words: "So tired of hearing about them now."

And since when did I even hint towards my opinion "being the only one that matters"? Now you're really pulling crap out of thin air...

Also, I have every right to explain why I dislike something. I'm also not trying to convince anyone of anything. I know I can't change anyone's mind, the same way you won't change mine.

I'm done here, I don't even get why you're trying to argue with me and assassinate my character. I was simply expressing my view on the matter, which is the whole point of a forum, is it not? I never shit on anyone, I never acted like I was more important than anyone, so yeah, you can quit trying to make me look like a villain.

Still doesn't change the fact that if you don't care about BR games, best to ignore threads related to it and move on. Just saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you

4 hours ago, Theminecraftaddict555 said:

Still doesn't change the fact that if you don't care about BR games, best to ignore threads related to it and move on. Just saying ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I moved on like a week ago.

Screenshot_6.jpg.8f801545f92be690c38390fd713b96d0.jpg

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

3 hours ago, 2Buck said:

I moved on like a week ago.

Screenshot_6.jpg.8f801545f92be690c38390fd713b96d0.jpg

Doesn't look like it but okay

Point still stands

Don't call me a nerd, it makes me look slightly smarter than you