In Six Months, 'Fortnite: Battle Royale' Has Cut PUBG's PC Playerbase In Half

Damirmk
Message added by Crunchy Dragon

Keep this civil, and remember our community guidelines.

1 hour ago, 2Buck said:

Really don't give a crap about the RNG camping simulator games. So tired of hearing about them now.

Clearly you do, because you took the time to respond to this thread instead of just ignoring it and moving on.

Also, have you ever actually played one of these games, or are you just trying to feel better about your personal preferences (and you don't have to like these games, to be clear) by looking down on those who enjoy playing?  There's tons of skill required to succeed.  And frankly, it's refreshing to see games where the solution doesn't always involve charging blindly into battle.

17 hours ago, Techstorm970 said:

Uhhh...should I...should I take PUBG off my wishlist now?

This doesn't surprise me.  Epic Games is like Valve and Blizzard; they have a passion for money (they're a business, c'mon...), but they also have a passion for video games.  PUBG, from what I've seen, only has a passion for money.  They don't care about bugfixing or improving user experience, they just care about money.  Or...at the very least, they don't understand how important user experience is in the gaming industry.  Blizzard and Valve built their empires because they're run by fellow gamers who understand what people like to see in video games.  PUBG really needs to wake up and listen to their playerbase, because if they don't, they might be gone soon.

"Valve understands what people like to see in video games"...

We've been asking for unranked 5v5 in CSGO for years, all we get is more skins and sound updates. Still, we get way more updates than PUBG (although most of them just bug fixes) but tbh, PUBG could use some bug fixes :P 

I am yet to experience battle royale at all xd.

@JasonScorpio yeah CS:GO is an excellent game, I still think for the e-sports purpose there's not a better one... but VALVe has been so frigging lazy... thinking all the stupid large money they profit off Steam it is unforgivable the state they let the game reach.

CS:GO is still running on Source that is 'just' 15 years old already, running CS:GO on the most modern hardware like Coffee Lake and Ryzen+ is over filled with bugs and instability, people rocking an i7 8700K and a 1080 Ti getting 250fps~ averages due to the engine just choking on the newest hardware.

They should have upgraded its engine to Source 2 years ago... they should also have increased the game modes and so on... instead it's just more skins more skins more skins more skins.... I quit playing it and frankly I don't even miss it at this point.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Clearly you do, because you took the time to respond to this thread instead of just ignoring it and moving on.

Also, have you ever actually played one of these games, or are you just trying to feel better about your personal preferences (and it's fine not to like these games, to be clear) by looking down on those who enjoy them?  There's tons of skill required to succeed.  And frankly, it's refreshing to see games where the solution doesn't always involve charging blindly into battle.

Yes, I played PUBG and fortnite, So don't just assume crap about me because you don't agree with what I had to say.

And what? I can't express that I'm tired of hearing about Fortnite? Saying I'm tired of Fortnite means I'm not? You make absolutely no sense.

And frankly, it's refreshing to see games where the solution doesn't always involve charging blindly into battle.

Yeah, camping and having good luck is the solution. You can argue "you don't have to camp", but clearly the way the games are designed, camping is very beneficial. Sure, there's some level of skill involved, obviously, there's skill involved to some degree in just about anything, but you cannot deny that RNG has a huge part in it, and that camping is a very viable option. And if anything, PUBG is even more mindless than most FPS games. Fortnite is way better in that regard though.

Also, I'm not looking down on anyone who enjoys these games, so quit assuming shit about me.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

This topic needs renaming to 'Cheaters' cut PUBG's player base in half.

If you sit in the top 3% of any region, cheaters are everywhere.  Scanning through walls, shotgunning people down from 1200 yards away and still to this day teleporting on to drops and taking the loot before its even hit the ground.

Rampant cheating has killed PUBG

Please quote or tag me if you need a reply

20 hours ago, RKRiley said:

You don't have to camp on PUBG, it's actually pretty boring if you do, and you don't really learn how to play very well as you get into less firefights.

True, but in my opinion, the goal of the game isn't to get as many kills as you can, it's to survive as long as possible.

13 hours ago, XenosTech said:

When people say PUBG is build around camping... If all you play is TPP then yeah you see a lot of campers but in FPP people camp less.

I play exclusively FPP, and I'm typically either camping or running for the next zone.  I don't get into very many firefights, as I find I'm not very good with the guns in that game (other games are fine, just not this one).  I'm getting better, but slowly.

The irony is, I don't even really like the game all that much.  Yet for some reason I can't stop playing it.  It doesn't help that repeatedly I've made it to the top 3 (usually without any kills, even) only to die right at the end, which only inspires me to see if I can make it further next time.

4 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I play exclusively FPP, and I'm typically either camping or running for the next zone.  I don't get into very many firefights, as I find I'm not very good with the guns in that game (other games are fine, just not this one).  I'm getting better, but slowly.

The irony is, I don't even really like the game all that much.  Yet for some reason I can't stop playing it.  It doesn't help that repeatedly I've made it to the top 3 (usually without any kills, even) only to die right at the end, which only inspires me to see if I can make it further next time.

I'm usually the guy who pushes zones early AF and on hold a position that's likely to see a lot of traffic for easy kills but I don't camp unless I end up in TPP. Some games I get a lot of gun fights and other it's running simulator.

I'm honestly losing interest in playing because of the early looting and gun fights don't feel good, fortnite isn't any better in this either

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

1 minute ago, XenosTech said:

I'm usually the guy who pushes zones early and hold a position that's likely to see a lot of traffic for easy kills

I, on the other hand, will typically land as far away from others as I can, and avoid firefights for as long as possible.  I think the most kills I've ever had in one game was 3.  The good thing about this game, is that it allows for wildly different play styles.

24 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Yes, I played PUBG and fortnite, So don't just assume crap about me because you don't agree with what I had to say.

And what? I can't express that I'm tired of hearing about Fortnite? Saying I'm tired of Fortnite means I'm not? You make absolutely no sense.

But you didn't say "I'm tired of hearing about Fortnite."  You said you really don't give a crap about them.  If so, then prove it: outside of this conversation, never post in a battle royale game thread again.  Otherwise, you do give a crap, but only because you want to hate on them.

I wasn't assuming that you'd never played these games, but you're using a dismissive attitude that assumes your view of these games is the only one that matters.  You say you're not looking down on people who enjoy these games, but clearly you do -- otherwise, you would simply say that this style of game isn't for you rather than trying to convince me and everyone else that it's worse.

28 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Yeah, camping and having good luck is the solution. You can argue "you don't have to camp", but clearly the way the games are designed, camping is very beneficial. Sure, there's some level of skill involved, obviously, there's skill involved to some degree in just about anything, but you cannot deny that RNG has a huge part in it, and that camping is a very viable option. And if anything, PUBG is even more mindless than most FPS games. Fortnite is way better in that regard though.

Also, I'm not looking down on anyone who enjoys these games, so quit assuming shit about me.

Camping is not necessarily a bad thing, and remember that you can't usually do it for long in a modern battle royale game because of the encroaching zone of death.  I look at it in the same way you would a horror movie: a battle royale game is exciting to me because of the perpetual tension of what you might encounter.  Am I really safe in this house?  Will I be picked off running through that open field?  How much time do I have before I have to run?  I wouldn't call PUBG mindless by a longshot, since you have to think strategically, balancing that desire to survive with long-term objectives (having enough equipment to succeed in the late stage, securing an ideal position, that sort of thing).  I certainly agree that Fortnite involves more in-depth mechanics, though.

As for the RNG element... it plays a part, I'm not sure I'd say it plays a huge part.  I've had success in Fortnite even when I could only find ordinary shotguns and assault rifles; at the same time, I've had the luck of finding an arsenal full of legendary weapons only to be taken down by someone with an ordinary gun who was nimbler or had smarter tactical positioning.  RNG to me is fine in games as long as it doesn't guarantee dominance for lucky players, and I just don't see that happening in better-balanced titles like Fortnite or PUBG.

16 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

I, on the other hand, will typically land as far away from others as I can, and avoid firefights for as long as possible.  I think the most kills I've ever had in one game was 3.  The good thing about this game, is that it allows for wildly different play styles.

I used to avoid fire fights when I first started but then I asked myself where's the fun in that and went all Battlefield lol but it's good for the game to support multiple play styles since they all have their own wildly different risks/rewards

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

34 minutes ago, Commodus said:

But you didn't say "I'm tired of hearing about Fortnite."  You said you really don't give a crap about them.  If so, then prove it: outside of this conversation, never post in a battle royale game thread again.  Otherwise, you do give a crap, but only because you want to hate on them.

I wasn't assuming that you'd never played these games, but you're using a dismissive attitude that assumes your view of these games is the only one that matters.  You say you're not looking down on people who enjoy these games, but clearly you do -- otherwise, you would simply say that this style of game isn't for you rather than trying to convince me and everyone else that it's worse.

Camping is not necessarily a bad thing, and remember that you can't usually do it for long in a modern battle royale game because of the encroaching zone of death.  I look at it in the same way you would a horror movie: a battle royale game is exciting to me because of the perpetual tension of what you might encounter.  Am I really safe in this house?  Will I be picked off running through that open field?  How much time do I have before I have to run?  I wouldn't call PUBG mindless by a longshot, since you have to think strategically, balancing that desire to survive with long-term objectives (having enough equipment to succeed in the late stage, securing an ideal position, that sort of thing).  I certainly agree that Fortnite involves more in-depth mechanics, though.

As for the RNG element... it plays a part, I'm not sure I'd say it plays a huge part.  I've had success in Fortnite even when I could only find ordinary shotguns and assault rifles; at the same time, I've had the luck of finding an arsenal full of legendary weapons only to be taken down by someone with an ordinary gun who was nimbler or had smarter tactical positioning.  RNG to me is fine in games as long as it doesn't guarantee dominance for lucky players, and I just don't see that happening in better-balanced titles like Fortnite or PUBG.

What does it matter that I didn't say I was tired of hearing about Fortnite specifically? I made it clear in my post that I was talking about all Battle Royale games, and therefore, Fortnite. I said, in these exact words: "So tired of hearing about them now."

And since when did I even hint towards my opinion "being the only one that matters"? Now you're really pulling crap out of thin air...

Also, I have every right to explain why I dislike something. I'm also not trying to convince anyone of anything. I know I can't change anyone's mind, the same way you won't change mine.

I'm done here, I don't even get why you're trying to argue with me and assassinate my character. I was simply expressing my view on the matter, which is the whole point of a forum, is it not? I never shit on anyone, I never acted like I was more important than anyone, so yeah, you can quit trying to make me look like a villain.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

21 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I mean, Fortnite does deserve its success, so you can't really blame them there. I'm not saying it's a better game, as I massively prefer PUBG (and yes, I have played both).

One thing I do disagree with are all these people saying that PUBG is plagued with cheaters and bugs. In all my whopping 230 hours of playing, I've encountered less than 5 cheaters total, and 99% of all the bugs are related to vehicles, and most of the time are funny, rather than annoying.

and you have to pay for that... I've played pubg mobile and liked it.... Fortnite is better because they put out! worthwhile updates, events and its free. Buying pubg to buy lootboxes.... why the hell...

Bolivia.

21 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

and you have to pay for that... I've played pubg mobile and liked it.... Fortnite is better because they put out! worthwhile updates, events and its free. Buying pubg to buy lootboxes.... why the hell...

You don't have to buy the lootboxes in any game. PUBG is no different.

And everyone seems to be ignoring the massive amount of skins in Fortnite and, more importantly, the battle pass. Nobody is making you buy that, as with the PUBG crates, and yet only PUBG is at fault here...

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

You don't have to buy the lootboxes in any game. PUBG is no different.

And everyone seems to be ignoring the massive amount of skins in Fortnite and, more importantly, the battle pass. Nobody is making you buy that, as with the PUBG crates, and yet only PUBG is at fault here...

yeah cuz you have to buy pubg to "have the option not to buy loot boxes"

Bolivia.

2 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

yeah cuz you have to buy pubg to "have the option not to buy loot boxes"

But PUBG is worth, at least in my opinion, the $30 price tag.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

14 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I'm confused about the lootboxes he speaks of.... You earn a good chunk of BP per game based on performance and you use that to get crates... Last I checked that was pretty much free and optional where as fortnite you gotta pull your credit/debit card for every new skin they release though totally optional too. If one really looked at it you could easily sink more money in a free game like fortnite than pubg.

It's not so much about Fortnite attracting players as it is PUBG turning them away... the game is such a mess that as soon as a better made alternative sprung up half the playerbase chanted "halleluja" and jumped over.

10 hours ago, Sierra Fox said:

fortnight = unique stylized assets and feel

PubG = generic MilSim feel created from assets from the unreal engine marketplace

Also a bug hive and a blatant display of incompetence.

11 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Brendon Green is slowly turning into an entire salt mine, it's both comical and disturbing in equal measure.

What's even better is that he basically did this to himself... he and his studio had a headstart of several months and a boatload of money with which to leave the competition in the dust, and instead the game remains a broken mess with generic assets and no prospects of ever getting better. He should just shut up and enjoy the mountain of money he made and clearly didn't reinvest in development...

16 hours ago, Syntaxvgm said:

Wrong. 

PUBG cut PUBG's PC Playerbase In Half in 6 Months. 

I was about to write the same exact thing lol

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Think about this... If Fornite's playerbase and profits are inversely proportional to PUBG's, why not I don't know... do something radical about it? NOT HEIGHTS! (lol). Here are some shots in the dark 1) make PUBG FTP and give everyone who purchased it $60 worth of your best lootboxes or in game currency 2) optimize the game for better performance across platforms PUBG aint that pretty and still bugy after all that money... 3) make more events that put players so that their steam page can get fixedimage.png.6deeeedb442e028f92ed3440a84ec78a.png 

Instead what pubg did was... sue fortnite... awful game.. fun on the bus though! pubg mobile is freeee~

Bolivia.

makes sense 

you can play fortnite on igpu as i saw some ppl do it.

its free

its more fun

so yeh, that's why ppl are playing it more than pubg.

If someone wants to play fortnite, all they need is a device with internet access(lol, but it really is)

but for playing pubg, u need a good pc, and u need to pay for it. that's what holding pubg back. especially the system requirement. and i think they should work on optimizing their game instead if suing epic games. 

cause the style is different. one is realistic with cars and stuff

one has a building part and smaller map.

it's better to say they lost half of their players because of bad optimization. not because of fortnite

That's crazy. I only played 1 game of pubg on mobile and got a kill my first game. 

Fortnite is fun. I just want a skirmish mode. Somewhere I can sit and build for 30 minutes and no worry about the storm. IDC about getting killed, just that storm is a pain when I wanna mess around and just build. 

42 minutes ago, SupremeGOAT said:

Think about this... If Fornite's playerbase and profits are inversely proportional to PUBG's, why not I don't know... do something radical about it? NOT HEIGHTS! (lol). Here are some shots in the dark 1) make PUBG FTP and give everyone who purchased it $60 worth of your best lootboxes or in game currency 2) optimize the game for better performance across platforms PUBG aint that pretty and still bugy after all that money... 3) make more events that put players so that their steam page can get fixedimage.png.6deeeedb442e028f92ed3440a84ec78a.png 

Instead what pubg did was... sue fortnite... awful game.. fun on the bus though! pubg mobile is freeee~

1. Why would they do that? It's only been out of early access for less than a year (which Fortnite, who earns much more money, is still in).

2. They have, I've gained over 15FPS average since I bought the game around October of last year (maybe earlier, I can't remember).

3. They have events at good times, where players are always excited for the next one, but not bored because they happen so often. So I think the events are fine.

Now, while most of the Steam reviews are from people complaining about, at least in my experience, non-existent cheaters and an "extremely buggy game" (again, maybe I'm just lucky or something, but I rarely encounter bugs), some things I do agree with. Yes, PUBG needs to fix their netcode, and yes, they do need to continue working on performance issues.

But then again, Epic hasn't always been super ethical about the way they make games and let others use their engine, Unreal Engine 4, and this guy on Reddit explained it pretty well:

mCgY01DTJAEVSEPjd2CBLO4VF41bwbe2n7dxf5eGjwHbwWcoQvKEYY74hGANoBbn4IDirDKnVIRbXp90xCrZVUKGx0FyH8y_TsBn1NkOxx7Ohx2Da9k4h6DKaUrgfLMXf0e0BWAaFykNaMbQ0neXitlNuj8CM5JbS1ooCgTvWrny4kyLpp9_r_KzVT3B2VCB1UhcCJm8qCyfwCiDn0yx3ivoFWg2a6ENn9KQbcgP8muqtP9BXG4n4s6_P61XWYL4FO4oqxxC6lp95xJvOnZ_2OfS6ZM_n0L-9nNsNdtDz83bbP2z9pwLg6O6OeHpND-npuInSSzUgMITexQq-EYai063Fhr7jvsrDkHA8dgFnUyBX9k4a12m4x6qjYJWqDH_lO_HzYwJQfFrSVzEZjd4CSM44xC2vLZDYmKrFv43ccuiKCtuuDJ1K0Kf4n2wBoVCr0aT3IBJtRqdZuPh1KSVgJ4s8SQK_c2xyWA9I2A-9OhY5dl9wTm4jFgFgcm0heebokJxpbQtRjsahVE-7MxZcC6XjZnfr1ToFBv9-BPixLruBI_UKs4M5PGF5Smpyqg_UqVhMI7T1aplCIk6GshnzKtwWMdKUa_K25cG3_A=w373-h662-no

So, IMO, PUBG is playing it quite smart (or, at least, they're doing what they can) considering the circumstances.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, 2Buck said:

Oh someone is angry. 

I do wonder what will happen to the mobile playerbase once (if or when) Fortnight launches on Android.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

24 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

1. Why would they do that? It's only been out of early access for less than a year (which Fortnite, who earns much more money, is still in).

2. They have, I've gained over 15FPS average since I bought the game around October of last year (maybe earlier, I can't remember).

3. They have events at good times, where players are always excited for the next one, but not bored because they happen so often. So I think the events are fine.

Now, while most of the Steam reviews are from people complaining about, at least in my experience, non-existent cheaters and an "extremely buggy game" (again, maybe I'm just lucky or something, but I rarely encounter bugs), some things I do agree with. Yes, PUBG needs to fix their netcode, and yes, they do need to continue working on performance issues.

But then again, Epic hasn't always been super ethical about the way they make games and let others use their engine, Unreal Engine 4, and this guy on Reddit explained it pretty well:

mCgY01DTJAEVSEPjd2CBLO4VF41bwbe2n7dxf5eGjwHbwWcoQvKEYY74hGANoBbn4IDirDKnVIRbXp90xCrZVUKGx0FyH8y_TsBn1NkOxx7Ohx2Da9k4h6DKaUrgfLMXf0e0BWAaFykNaMbQ0neXitlNuj8CM5JbS1ooCgTvWrny4kyLpp9_r_KzVT3B2VCB1UhcCJm8qCyfwCiDn0yx3ivoFWg2a6ENn9KQbcgP8muqtP9BXG4n4s6_P61XWYL4FO4oqxxC6lp95xJvOnZ_2OfS6ZM_n0L-9nNsNdtDz83bbP2z9pwLg6O6OeHpND-npuInSSzUgMITexQq-EYai063Fhr7jvsrDkHA8dgFnUyBX9k4a12m4x6qjYJWqDH_lO_HzYwJQfFrSVzEZjd4CSM44xC2vLZDYmKrFv43ccuiKCtuuDJ1K0Kf4n2wBoVCr0aT3IBJtRqdZuPh1KSVgJ4s8SQK_c2xyWA9I2A-9OhY5dl9wTm4jFgFgcm0heebokJxpbQtRjsahVE-7MxZcC6XjZnfr1ToFBv9-BPixLruBI_UKs4M5PGF5Smpyqg_UqVhMI7T1aplCIk6GshnzKtwWMdKUa_K25cG3_A=w373-h662-no

So, IMO, PUBG is playing it quite smart (or, at least, they're doing what they can) considering the circumstances.

why then are ppl leaving pubg?

Bolivia.

It's probably more to do with how PUBG is shooting themselves in the foot by suing Epic.

Not to mention leaving the game in its still very unoptimized state

The Workhorse (AMD-powered custom desktop)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X | GPU: MSI X Trio GeForce RTX 2070S | RAM: XPG Spectrix D60G 32GB DDR4-3200 | Storage: 512GB XPG SX8200P + 2TB 7200RPM Seagate Barracuda Compute | OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

The Portable Workstation (Apple MacBook Pro 16" 2021)

SoC: Apple M1 Max (8+2 core CPU w/ 32-core GPU) | RAM: 32GB unified LPDDR5 | Storage: 1TB PCIe Gen4 SSD | OS: macOS Monterey

The Communicator (Apple iPhone 13 Pro)

SoC: Apple A15 Bionic | RAM: 6GB LPDDR4X | Storage: 128GB internal w/ NVMe controller | Display: 6.1" 2532x1170 "Super Retina XDR" OLED with VRR at up to 120Hz | OS: iOS 15.1