Folding Community Board

Go to solution Solved by GOTSpectrum,

1 hour ago, Favebook said:

This is a new one for me... Took whole 8 minutes to finish the WU (TPF of 5 seconds) and it was on PL of 75%.

wtf.PNG

Are you on Beta?  I believe they are sending out test units that they are benchmarking for CUDA.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36129#p343091

We're in another stage of testing now, with a single test project with short WUs

4 hours ago, viming_aint_easy said:

Are you on Beta?  I believe they are sending out test units that they are benchmarking for CUDA.

https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=66&t=36129#p343091

Oh, hell yeah, you are correct, I forgot to remove Beta from my main rig. That is totally my bad not noticing and saying that in my post.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz

8 hours ago, Favebook said:

This is a new one for me... Took whole 8 minutes to finish the WU (TPF of 5 seconds) and it was on PL of 75%.

These beta WUs are giving me double the usual PPD 🤩

So all of my clients crashed overnight, for the second time this month. Anyone else?

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

First RTX 3090 has hit my database, only one WU / Project sample, but at 4.4 Mill PPD it has dethroned the V100  https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=ga102_geforce_rtx_3090

RIP power usage ;)

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

20 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

First RTX 3090 has hit my database, only one WU / Project sample, but at 4.4 Mill PPD it has dethroned the V100  https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_datasheet?gpu_model=ga102_geforce_rtx_3090

RIP power usage ;)

4.4M out of a single card😱

15 hours ago, Favebook said:

Oh, hell yeah, you are correct, I forgot to remove Beta from my main rig. That is totally my bad not noticing and saying that in my post.

Yep, projects like #17100 etc... https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_by_project?project_id=17100

This project contains a variety of benchmarking systems (with adjusted numbers of steps per system to give equal time/WU on an RTX 2080) to test and benchmark core22. These WUs are very short and just used to detect issues with various hardware to ensure we can continue to improve core22 on all hardware.

Hardware & Programming Enthusiast - Creator of LAR_Systems "Folding@Home in the Dark" browser extension and GPU / CPU PPD Database. 

35 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

Yep, projects like #17100 etc... https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_by_project?project_id=17100

This project contains a variety of benchmarking systems (with adjusted numbers of steps per system to give equal time/WU on an RTX 2080) to test and benchmark core22. These WUs are very short and just used to detect issues with various hardware to ensure we can continue to improve core22 on all hardware.

I've been meaning to ask.  Are there log settings and then a script I can run instead of your extension?  I refuse to use Chrome and the google tracking associated with it, but would be happy to contribute my various info if you track any of that (no folding GPUs currently, but maybe in the near future).  Have you thought of also tracking CPUs?

3 minutes ago, justpoet said:

I've been meaning to ask.  Are there log settings and then a script I can run instead of your extension?  I refuse to use Chrome and the google tracking associated with it, but would be happy to contribute my various info if you track any of that (no folding GPUs currently, but maybe in the near future).  Have you thought of also tracking CPUs?

Part of the push for doing it via the extension is to get the PPD fluctuations that occur as the fold is in progress not just the output (final) of the work unit as recorded in the logs as it can be influenced by upload server issues etc.

That said I know there are many that would like to avoid Chrome, or run headless servers.    I'm therefore playing with a python script that could be run on a server to do what the Chrome extension does but headless.   The deal then becomes I need to store results back in the server tagged by user / api key or other "user" identifier so I can provide a web panel where headless users can see their progress in the browser of their choice.   Timeline, TBD as I work out the logistics.

Re CPUs.    They are very tricky as they are not like GPUs in the F@H client as users can be running some OP CPU, but only use 1 core in F@H so the PPD etc. is not accurate and the client does not identify what kind of CPU is sued.   Now back to the Chrome Extensions.  The API chrome extensions have can see the type of CPU so I could build a list... then read the number of cores (all or nothing) I could fill in database about the chips using this... and provide a PPD per core... so again... something I'm looking in to... BUT it would only be Chrome / Edge.

15 minutes ago, LAR_Systems said:

I'm therefore playing with a python script that could be run on a server to do what the Chrome extension does but headless.

that would be awesome. i'm running a GUI on my server only because i want to run chrome and the extention, so if you can produce a headless solution that would be amazing!

no presssure tough ;)

43 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

that would be awesome. i'm running a GUI on my server only because i want to run chrome and the extention, so if you can produce a headless solution that would be amazing!

no presssure tough ;)

Headless is a work in progress... needs to have that dashboard portal to see how your machines are performing over the course of a WU to see if something is leeching GPU / PPD during the folds.

Like the current development branch of the web client does :)image.thumb.png.32185c9d975ba7b74e54687cc376f50b.png

7 hours ago, LAR_Systems said:

Part of the push for doing it via the extension is to get the PPD fluctuations that occur as the fold is in progress not just the output (final) of the work unit as recorded in the logs as it can be influenced by upload server issues etc.

That said I know there are many that would like to avoid Chrome, or run headless servers.    I'm therefore playing with a python script that could be run on a server to do what the Chrome extension does but headless.   The deal then becomes I need to store results back in the server tagged by user / api key or other "user" identifier so I can provide a web panel where headless users can see their progress in the browser of their choice.   Timeline, TBD as I work out the logistics.

Re CPUs.    They are very tricky as they are not like GPUs in the F@H client as users can be running some OP CPU, but only use 1 core in F@H so the PPD etc. is not accurate and the client does not identify what kind of CPU is sued.   Now back to the Chrome Extensions.  The API chrome extensions have can see the type of CPU so I could build a list... then read the number of cores (all or nothing) I could fill in database about the chips using this... and provide a PPD per core... so again... something I'm looking in to... BUT it would only be Chrome / Edge.

If Chrome can see CPU info and share it, the script can too.  It should be fairly easy to pull, at least on mac/linux, from ioreg/lshw.

6 freaking MPPD on a project that gives the average on other cards 😮

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_by_project?project_id=14484

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 hours ago, Kilrah said:

6 freaking MPPD on a project that gives the average on other cards 😮

https://folding.lar.systems/folding_data/gpu_ppd_by_project?project_id=14484

I think I need to set myself up with a gofundme to get one of these beasts.... 

/s

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. - Socrates

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-GAMING 5
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
    Cooler Master - MasterCase H500P
  • Storage
    Western Digital Black 250GB, Seagate BarraCuda 1TB x2
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

I think I need to set myself up with a gofundme to get one of these beasts.... 

/s

selling my kidneys as wel speak. i also have 1 lung too many. any takers?

Just now, marknd59 said:

I'll take a right lung I'm missing mine.

i don't have any bubble wrap, is it fine if i just wrap it in newspapers and send it over?

51 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i don't have any bubble wrap, is it fine if i just wrap it in newspapers and send it over?

Newegg says its ok

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

This is too good not to share here

Just now, GOTSpectrum said:

So, after some arts and crafts time, please can we all welcome the New and "Improved" Foldatron AKA The Janky Dust Magnet. (Now with 100% more hash browns)

IMG_20200927_162314.thumb.jpg.e94150d560391e016e276b3401915a42.jpg

Also can we get a prayer for this poor RTX 2060 with a dead (And now removed) Fan.

IMG_20200927_145632.thumb.jpg.9192b4f0d6fa6b5dfe18d30178454bb6.jpg

My Folding Stats - Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! - If someone has helped you out on the forum don't forget to give them a reaction to say thank you!

Please put as much effort into your question as you expect me to put into answering it. 

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
    Lenovo L29w-30 29 Inch UltraWide Full HD, BenQ - XL2430(portrait), Dell P2311Hb(portrait)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

Is gotspectrum Canadien? Cuz that's some Canadien engineering, the red green way

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

1 minute ago, piratemonkey said:

Is gotspectrum Canadien? Cuz that's some Canadien engineering, the red green way

Nope, I'm an honest to god Brit! (So that's like half way to Canadian... right?)

• CPU
    Ryzen 9 5950X
  • Motherboard
  • RAM
    32GB DDR4 3200
  • GPU
    Inno3D 4070 Ti
  • Case
  • Storage
  • PSU
    EVGA Supernova 1000w 
  • Display(s)
  • Cooling
    MasterLiquid Lite 240

PSA -  if you have signed up for 2020 folding month please remember to check that your entry is correct on the signup sheet. One thing to take a good look at is upper/lower case on your folding name as this is case sensitive for the script used to get the points data. I have been making corrections when I spot them but I can't be sure I've caught them all. 

signup sheet

If you need to have a correction made please post in the corrections thread.

Corrrections thread

and good luck to everyone.

24 minutes ago, marknd59 said:

I wonder if TVwazhere is upset with me yet because of all the people I'm sending over to claim badges. 🙂

I would be 🙄.

Favebook's F@H Stats

Favebook's BOINC Stats

CPU i7-8700k (5.0GHz)  Motherboard Aorus Z370 Gaming 7  RAM Vengeance® RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 3200MHz  GPU  Aorus 1080 Ti

Case Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA  Storage  Samsung Evo 970 1TB & WD Red Pro 10TB

PSU Corsair HX850i  Cooling Custom EKWB loop

Display Acer Predator x34 120Hz