Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

1 hour ago, terrytek said:

No. it still remains locked. but fortunately my dad did get it out this time, but i need to know what to do in case this happens again.

Next time wiggle the steering wheel a bit, sometimes the steering wheel lock makes the key stick on our suburban. A little jiggle of the wheel while pulling towards lock on the key always works

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

46 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Saw a 50th Anniversary Edition 911 on the way back from school the other day. Was this really nice light brown/champagne color. Officially my favorite 911.

Porsche-911-50th-Anniversary-Edition-rea

i just think its kinda plain and ordinary, if i was buying a Porsche my pick would definitely be this orange colour :)  not a guy that likes to stand out but if im spending money i dont wanna look like everybody else 

Image result for orange 911

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

@Real_PhillBert I washed my car since I had some time this afternoon. 

Also so got some Lysol spray down the interior A/C intake duct. Been needing to do that. I think that's probably why I got sick early this week, since the day I got sick I was in the middle of being in the car with the A/C on 13.5 hours on that job I had. Probably some bacteria or something that triggered a bad cold. (The air from the vents would always kind of stink for a minute when you first turn it on)

(the Miata has no cabin filter so I'm sure that doesn't help) 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

5 minutes ago, Wedsea040 said:

Where is the A/C intake located on most cars?

Usually under the glovebox. I had pulled out the glovebox before on mine so I pulled it out again and sure enough, it was there. 

Alternatively you can use the external Intake at the bottom of the windshield (just be sure to slide the slider to outdoor air) 

the he only reason I didn't do that is because the outside intake on the NB is very strangely designed and hard to spray down into. (The bottom part of the windshield is solid plastic with no holes, you have to open the hood and it's on the passenger side but underneath a cowl, can't really get spray into it effectively). I'm told Lysol works amazing for A/C smells so I figured I'd try it

Spoiler

1 hour ago, Wedsea040 said:

Saw a 50th Anniversary Edition 911 on the way back from school the other day. Was this really nice light brown/champagne color. Officially my favorite 911.

I have a nice little lapel pin that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the 911. But to actually contribute to the conversation i am not a big fan of special editions that have such few extras and then charge a premium for it.

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

1 hour ago, Midnitewarrior4 said:

think he was talking about the car in the background lol

I was lol

Project Iridium:   CPU: Intel 4820K   CPU Cooler: Custom Loop  Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Black Edition   RAM: Avexir Blitz  Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD   GPU: Asus 780 6GB Strix   Case: IN WIN 909   PSU: Corsair RM1000      Project Iridium build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/451088-project-iridium-build-log/

34 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

@Real_PhillBert I washed my car since I had some time this afternoon. 

Also so got some Lysol spray down the interior A/C intake duct. Been needing to do that. I think that's probably why I got sick early this week, since the day I got sick I was in the middle of being in the car with the A/C on 13.5 hours on that job I had. Probably some bacteria or something that triggered a bad cold. (The air from the vents would always kind of stink for a minute when you first turn it on)

(the Miata has no cabin filter so I'm sure that doesn't help) 

Im so proud of you right now!  Haha

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

8 minutes ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Im so proud of you right now!  Haha

I'll post a pic in the morning ;) 

now i didn't wax it or anything, it needs to be waxed again. Cheap wax doesn't last long sadly :( but it should be good for a week or so

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I got the squeegee out and scrubbed on the dust and the bugs on my s10 yesterday. I've never done that before. I've gone to town on the outside of the windshield before, but never on the body before. 

the only time I ever did that was on my corolla when I was on a late night trip from baton rouge and the bugs were atrocious. There was so many you almost couldn't see the bumper. 

So I just wiped them off with a gas station sponge squeegee knowing I wouldn't be able to get them all off later when they hardened. Yes squeegee's aren't good for the paint but sometimes you just have to compromise so you don't lose your paint (like my dad's g35, had little spots all over the bumper from bugs that sat there and ate the paint)

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, Maybach123 said:

I have a nice little lapel pin that commemorates the 50th anniversary of the 911. But to actually contribute to the conversation i am not a big fan of special editions that have such few extras and then charge a premium for it.

Exact reason why Lamborghini soured to me... Only so many ways to sell an Aventador. It's still a bloody Aventador.

System: Thinkpad T460

As a VVT miata owner, I can't wait to watch this guy actually start working on this lol

he made me wish I could afford a MegaSquirt PnP lol

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Speedyv said:

Exact reason why Lamborghini soured to me... Only so many ways to sell an Aventador. It's still a bloody Aventador.

Going to have to disagree with you there. At least with the aventador they added a substantial body kit and hp increase for the 50th anniversary edition, and while the veneno is based on the aventador platform it is a completely different machine. the only differences i can find on the 911 is a different colored air intake wheels and a badge, not even a hp increase

There's a dark blue 2001 Special Edition miata at a business near my house, it's been parked there since before we moved in. hasn't moved from that same spot. I plan on going talk to the business people around there and asking about it soon. 

Matt has been looking for a car to turn into a track car. That car is in good shape, wouldn't be surprised if it's dead though or if the interior is ruined. But that wouldn't matter if it's free or stupid cheap lol

especially interior, that thing will just be stripped clean anyway lol

Spoiler

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

This is always going to be my favorite Lambo.

This one is my current favorite with the aventador 50th right behind it

2KxFxjZ.jpg

9 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

It looks like its got eyelashes :P

It personifies the car :P 

41 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

This is always going to be my favorite Lambo.

Image result for last version of the murcielago

i like it too. it's got a nice low and mean stance. i also like the facelifted gallardo too. and the the aventador does grow a bit on me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

As a VVT miata owner, I can't wait to watch this guy actually start working on this lol

he made me wish I could afford a MegaSquirt PnP lol

VTECH (yo) FTW!!!! :D

I truly am a Honda bro. xD

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

4 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

That's just an inherent trait of supercars though.

Either way its sexy as hell.

of course, but it just looks so aggressive without even trying too hard.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

VTECH (yo) FTW!!!! :D

I truly am a Honda bro. xD

hey I don't blame you. I drove my grandma's CR-V a bit last week when she was here, it's newer, rather boring, but suitable grandma car. did a rolling pull in 2nd (forced it to stay there, it would upshift SUPER early (like 5k rpm) if you don't lol). and to my surprise it has real VTEC! Once you cross over 5k rpm, it gets much louder and pulls ever so slightly harder. It aint fast (it's a CRV with a motor tuned for efficiency lol), but that valve lift crossover is pretty cool. 

But it just makes me wish the engine ran on the bigger cams all the time so it would sound like that all the time lol

also that's probably literally the only time those big cams on that car will ever be used. LOL

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, vinyldash303 said:

I really wish the v6 accord was rear wheel drive. 

I would of bought one(eh ok maybe, i really wanted a miata lol). They are so cheap. 

My goodness that car would of been so good for the price O_O

G35 is a good alternative if you want RWD though. and it has a nicer interior. But it's nissan so they are a bit more expensive to maintain. Not crazy but just a bit more than others. and the suspension is complicated and it all goes bad at once (ask my dad lol). also G35 does 0-60 in 5's with the 6 spd manual.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

hey I don't blame you. I drove my grandma's CR-V a bit last week when she was here, it's newer, rather boring, but suitable grandma car. did a rolling pull in 2nd (forced it to stay there, it would upshift SUPER early (like 5k rpm) if you don't lol). and to my surprise it has real VTEC! Once you cross over 5k rpm, it gets much louder and pulls ever so slightly harder. It aint fast (it's a CRV with a motor tuned for efficiency lol), but that valve lift crossover is pretty cool. 

But it just makes me wish the engine ran on the bigger cams all the time so it would sound like that all the time lol

also that's probably literally the only time those big cams on that car will ever be used. LOL

i mean the first gen cr-v essentially had a civic si engine, with the option of 4wd. its possible to notice vtec in the cr-v.

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

I would of bought one. They are so cheap. 

My goodness that car would of been so good for the price O_O

G35 is a good alternative if you want RWD though. and it has a nicer interior. But it's nissan so they are a bit more expensive to maintain. Not crazy but just a bit more than others. and the suspension is complicated and it all goes bad at once (ask my dad lol)

i would have bought it in the highest trim possible, if it was rwd. BUT F*CKING HONDA WON'T CREATE SOMETHING RWD OTHER THAN THE S2000. i just realized that honda is the only manufacturer in the world without a single rwd model in its current lineup (4wd doesn't count because you can't slide them as easily, and the s2000 doesn't count since that was 7 years since it said goodbye.)

1 minute ago, vinyldash303 said:

I would've not gotten the s10 if I could've had a rwd accord v6.

what you should get is a cheap car to strip out and make a race car and tow it places with your truck lol

convenience and fun in one nice package.

Spoiler

Just now, vinyldash303 said:

I'll do that as soon as I can afford the insurance. Because the trailer will cost almost as much as the car I get.

ah I sort of forgot trailers cost money lol

You wouldn't need insurance on the car though if it was just a race car, just don't drive it on the street lol

Spoiler

yet another page... @Cracklingice is gonna be so mad when he sees 300 missed posts lol

Spoiler

1 hour ago, vinyldash303 said:

That's just an inherent trait of supercars though.

Either way its sexy as hell.

I always thought the dark ages of Lamborghini were between the countach lp500s (when they added the body kit and wing) and the mucialago sv brought them out of it.