Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

Any tire anyone thought about getting but wasn't sure about it recently?

I need two daily front tires on the miata and I don't really care what they are (size 195/50R16 preferably) just so long as they last a decent amount of time (30k miles+) and aren't terrible in the wet. Not looking for something sticky as they are just daily a to b tires. Plus I actually enjoy lower grip, Easier to have fun without my body and face getting slammed into the door on every right turn. 

but im willing to "test tires" on the front if anyone has anything they want me to try. Looking for <$100 a tire btw.

I'm personally thinking about trying these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+A%2FS+P02+(H-+or+V-Speed+Rated)&partnum=95VR6HTRASP02&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Only because I never bought a Sumitomo tire and don't know anyone who has. And they are stupid cheap so it's like "why not?" lol

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

I need two daily front tires on the miata and I don't really care what they are (size 195/50R16 preferably) just so long as they last a decent amount of time and aren't terrible in the wet. Not looking for something sticky as they are just daily a to b tires. Plus I actually enjoy lower grip, Easier to have fun without my body and face getting slammed into the door on every right turn. 

but im willing to "test tires" on the front if anyone has anything they want me to try. Looking for <$100 a tire btw.

I'm personally thinking about trying these http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Sumitomo&tireModel=HTR+A%2FS+P02+(H-+or+V-Speed+Rated)&partnum=95VR6HTRASP02&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes

Only because I never bought a Sumitomo tire and don't know anyone who has. And they are stupid cheap so it's like "why not?" lol

are your rims able to fit 205/50r16 tires? because my protege came factory with 195/50r16 though it was hard to find tires in that size so i just went with a more common 205 width tires. and the toyo proxes 4 plus are a great option for long wear and wet performance. and you might be able to score a set for under 400 bucks.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

4 minutes ago, terrytek said:

are your rims able to fit 205/50r16 tires? because my protege came factory with 195/50r16 though it was hard to find tires in that size so i just went with a more common 205 width tires. and the toyo proxes 4 plus are a great option for long wear and wet performance. and you might be able to score a set for under 400 bucks.

stock size is actually 205/45R16. I want to go with 195/50's for the little extra sidewall for comfort (miata's are not comfortable, well for a couple hours they are fine, but after spending 13.5 hours in it one day I rather make it a little more comfortable if i can). Also My speedo is a little bit off (reads 75 @ 70mph (GPS verified)), the 195/50's are slightly bigger in diameter so it will correct it a little bit, also reduce the effective gearing ratio slightly. might lose a little engine rpm while cruising. 

I'll be running two different size tires for a little while though, but hopefully that won't be a big deal if I keep them in pairs.

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

18 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I would of bought one(eh ok maybe, i really wanted a miata lol). They are so cheap. 

My goodness that car would of been so good for the price O_O

G35 is a good alternative if you want RWD though. and it has a nicer interior. But it's nissan so they are a bit more expensive to maintain. Not crazy but just a bit more than others. and the suspension is complicated and it all goes bad at once (ask my dad lol). also G35 does 0-60 in 5's with the 6 spd manual.

the accord interior is pretty dang good though. definitely the nicest interior out of the cars my family owns, the other options being a 2002 Tundra, and a 2009 Sienna.

accord also does 0-60 in the 5s with a 6 speed. (supposedly)

honestly, it handles better than people expect it to. it's got double wishbone front and rear, and with decent tires on it, i'm thoroughly happy with it. it's a perfect daily driver for me. the only problem I have with it is the fact that it's a bit gutless under 3k.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

1 minute ago, bcredeur97 said:

stock size is actually 205/45R16. I want to go with 195/50's for the little extra sidewall for comfort (miata's are not comfortable, well for a couple hours they are fine, but after spending 13.5 hours in it one day I rather make it a little more comfortable if i can). Also My speedo is a little bit off (reads 75 @ 70mph (GPS verified)), the 195/50's are slightly bigger in diameter so it will correct it a little bit, also reduce the effective gearing ratio slightly. might lose a little engine rpm while cruising. 

I'll be running two different size tires for a little while though, but hopefully that won't be a big deal if I keep them in pairs.

205/45s? why not just go with 205/50s? stock width, but a bit more sidewall than factory.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

2 minutes ago, terrytek said:

205/45s? why not just go with 205/50s? stock width, but a bit more sidewall than factory.

eh that was over a 3% difference in diameter(3.4) so I wasn't sure, the 195/50's are 1.7%

It probably wouldn't hurt. just would be more noticeable.

Spoiler

Just now, bcredeur97 said:

eh that was over a 3% difference in diameter(3.4) so I wasn't sure, the 195/50's are 1.7%

75 vs 70 mph is a 7ish percent difference, so...

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Just now, FuzzyYellow said:

75 vs 70 mph is a 7ish percent difference, so...

yeah I know it's big. I just had always heard that making a change over 3% in diameter = bad. Though im not really sure why.

This is a problem with my generation miata sadly, so I'm not the only one. There really isn't a fix either... at least I haven't seen anything.

Spoiler

2 hours ago, Real_PhillBert said:

Im so proud of you right now!  Haha

You would hate me if I showed you a pic of the interior. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

I need two daily front tires on the miata and I don't really care what they are (size 195/50R16 preferably) just so long as they last a decent amount of time (30k miles+) and aren't terrible in the wet. Not looking for something sticky as they are just daily a to b tires. Plus I actually enjoy lower grip, Easier to have fun without my body and face getting slammed into the door on every right turn. 

I had sumitomo htr3's before. pretty decent tire, sidewalls had pretty good firmness to them.  grip was on par with other tires in its class.  if you're not looking for max grip sumitomo's are a great choice

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

2 minutes ago, warmmilk said:

I had sumitomo htr3's before. pretty decent tire, sidewalls had pretty good firmness to them.  grip was on par with other tires in its class.  if you're not looking for max grip sumitomo's are a great choice

thank you. decision made. Was just looking for a decent cheap tire really. :)

I'll probably order them either this weekend or next week. My fronts are on the wear bars lol

Spoiler

On 9/11/2016 at 3:28 PM, vinyldash303 said:

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

1 hour ago, bcredeur97 said:

thank you. decision made. Was just looking for a decent cheap tire really. :)

I'll probably order them either this weekend or next week. My fronts are on the wear bars lol

Was on tirerack and saw they have a $50 rebate card on sumi's, don't miss out

@vinyldash303 don't pay attention to the post above where I quoted you with nothing in it, phone glitching with forum

3 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

Going to have to disagree with you there. At least with the aventador they added a substantial body kit and hp increase for the 50th anniversary edition, and while the veneno is based on the aventador platform it is a completely different machine. the only differences i can find on the 911 is a different colored air intake wheels and a badge, not even a hp increase

They pull a whole bunch of shit like this: 

lamborghini-aventador-miura-2.jpg

Guess what that is a special edition for.... I don't mind the LP and SV's but the rest are meh. Like how I feel like a 458 Speciale is actually a different machine from the Italia.

I genuinely feel like Lamborghini tries to raise it's car values by doing these limited runs of cars. But at the end of the day, they are still Aventadors. And the Aventador is behind in performance as well.

System: Thinkpad T460

Pick your poison or mine :

http://www.nettiauto.com/seat/leon/7518255#yritys=auto-expert

http://www.nettiauto.com/chevrolet/corvette/7885626#yritys=auto-expert

Iv been really considering this one : http://www.nettiauto.com/honda/cr-z/8303038#yritys=auto-expert

Yes , iknow its a hybrid but what can i do when i need a car on the down low ? and plus , my dad knows the owner of this dealer so i can get a good price.

(⌐■_■) 

everybody hates me now sense i postd a hybrid.... xD LOL.

wellp im screwed then.

(⌐■_■) 

10 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

3400km? Pfffftttt

Piece of cake.

I have a Dart, all i would need to do is: POWAAAAAA!!!! *Corner* *flies off the road and totals the car* *dies*

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

5 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

This one is my current favorite with the aventador 50th right behind it

This is my favorite lambo:

lamborghini-crawler-1c-main.jpg

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

3 hours ago, Speedyv said:

lamborghini-aventador-miura-2.jpg

Guess what that is a special edition for....

Aventador "Miura Homage"

They just want to make the Miura even more immortal/more expensive...

9 hours ago, Wedsea040 said:

I'll take the Porsche in the backround any day over that hot hatch

Not if you are buying your first car with a somewhat strict budget ;)

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

so if any of you want The Crew for free .... you can get it on uplay... since ubisoft is turning 30 they are giving away some games 

566b4fe34308484a8a0cb8434a67e14e.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

My friends were suprized when i told them that i drove to school (they expected the pink corolla) they were shocked when they saw my car! :D (dad was in the car with me as a "teacher" when i drove to school)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

4 hours ago, Speedyv said:

Guess what that is a special edition for.... I don't mind the LP and SV's but the rest are meh. Like how I feel like a 458 Speciale is actually a different machine from the Italia.

I genuinely feel like Lamborghini tries to raise it's car values by doing these limited runs of cars. But at the end of the day, they are still Aventadors. And the Aventador is behind in performance as well.

I really don't like the Italians way of doing special editions. Mainly because there are so damn many of them.