Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
techswede

Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 100k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

11 minutes ago, chaozbandit said:

Sorry I was out celebrating mothers day with my mom.

Can’t blame you there. I had gotten home from my parents house doing the same thing and watched it all lol

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

"A redline a day keeps depression at bay" - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

Avid Miata autocrosser :D

2 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Can’t blame you there. I had gotten home from my parents house doing the same thing and watched it all lol

His 2 day builds are absolutely mental.

LTTF Active Threads: Box Box Box - Project CARS & Assetto Corsa Players Club  | The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X + Corsair H110i GT GPU: EVGA GTX1080 SC MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 16GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define R5 STORAGE: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB + Intel 545s 512GB

1 hour ago, Thirdgen89GTA said:

Wasn't given much choice. :(  Got hit on the driver's door by a person who failed to yield.  I replaced it with the white RS, but I'm missing my gray RS now, even though the white looks damn good.  At the time, I could have had an exact match to the old car.  But it just felt wrong because of the accident.  A reminder I didn't want. But now I miss the gray.

28k in damage, car valued at 32k at time of accident.  Equals no more Focus RS. I walked away with nothing more than a contact burn on my knee as it hit the dash and slid.

Thankfully due to a good down payment I walked away with 12k in cash.  So I was able to make good on any new car I wanted.  I considered plopping 12k down on a used Fiesta ST and having no car payment.  Probably the smart decision.  But the AWD system in the RS, sheer performance, and the accessibility of that performance is like a drug.

Every time you see someone say the RS is like a Mini-GTR, its absolutely true.  It is insane just hard you can throw the car into any corner, or how ham-fisted you can be with it.

The TransAm on the other is a bit vague yet incredibly fun because its so raw.  Its old school and analogue in everything it does.  No nannies of any kind. Its chunky and lazy down low, but when it comes on cam its just so in your face loud. 

you could've gone GTI or even golf R, but i guess you wanted to stay within the family?

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

So is the Supra like a more expensive 86/BRZ in terms of the approach Toyota took with it?

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Yes, I'm gay and don't give a shit about pride. My sexuality isn't my personality; my VHS tapes and my video captures are.

2 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

So is the Supra like a more expensive 86/BRZ in terms of the approach Toyota took with it?

Looks that way

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

On 5/11/2019 at 2:01 PM, TVwazhere said:

Installed foot lighting today. Pretty happy with the results. I got this for Christmas but haven't gotten around to installing them till now. (Highest end models have this, but mid and basic ones do not) 

*SNIP*

...can I... Can I clean your interior?

Seriously though, looks nice.

CPU: i7-4790k MOBO: Asus Maximus VII Gene RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair H110 w/ Noctua NF-A14s 

GPU: Asus Strix GTX-980 Case: Corsair 350D PSU: Corsair AX-760i Storage: 2 x 500GB Evo RAID 0 + 2 x 2TB WD Green's in RAID 1 

Just now, Real_PhillBert said:

...can I... Can I clean your interior?

I know @bcredeur97 already scolded me for the floor mats :D salt does that to you up here. 

Install wasnt terribly bad,worst far was figuring out how to remove the glove box (something I wish I had thought of when installing the dash cam because it makes getting at the fuse box easier) and then figuring out where good places to run rigid LED tubes through (they looked more like old style cathode tubes but had rigid PCB led systems in them, so i needed a fairly wide chamber for a pass through.) All the wires are nicely tucked under panels save for where they absolutely need to be like coming out from the control module. 

Also got around to finally installing the other dashcam in my sisters car (no pics sorry). At first she wasnt super looking forward to it, but as time had gone on she's seen the value it could have in a crash for proving fault, so she was very happy when it was finally installed.

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS --- P600S VS Define R6/S2

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI   RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage 1x Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M      Cooling Cryorig H7

10 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

That rats nest tho...

ED8B67D7-EB5F-4801-BBC7-6E7135280341.png

Car looks super cool. Especially the stuff Toyota left with the aftermarket in mind. But that engine is going to cause nothing but issues for Toyota techs when there are issues.

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

7 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

Car looks super cool. Especially the stuff Toyota left with the aftermarket in mind. But that engine is going to cause nothing but issues for Toyota techs when there are issues.

Yep. Hopefully it’s as reliable as Toyota wants us to believe 

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.4 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 and 2 x Seagate ST2000DM006 (in RAID 0 for games!) - The good old Corsair GS700 - Yamakasi Catleap 2703 27" 1440p and ASUS VS239H-P 1080p 23" - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

@RevoltTrain Nananananananananananananananana SAAAB MAAAAANNN

s-l1600.jpg

⠀⠀⠀⣴⣴⡤
⠀⣠⠀⢿⠇⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⢷⡗
⠀⢶⢽⠿⣗⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⡧⠂⠀⠀⣼⣷⡆
⠀⠀⣾⢶⠐⣱⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⣜⣻⣧⣲⣦⠤⣧⣿⠶
⠀⢀⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠛⠿⣿⣿⣷⣤⣄⡹⣿⣷
⠀⢸⣿⢸⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿
⠀⠿⠃⠈⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⠿⠿⠿

⠀⢀⢀⡀⠀⢀⣤⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡀⡀
⠀⣿⡟⡇⠀⠭⡋⠅⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣟⢿
⠀⣹⡌⠀⠀⣨⣾⣷⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⢈⠔⠌
⠰⣷⣿⡀⢐⢿⣿⣿⢻⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⡿⡤⣴⠄⢀⣀⡀
⠘⣿⣿⠂⠈⢸⣿⣿⣸⠀⠀⠀⢘⣿⣿⣀⡠⣠⣺⣿⣷
⠀⣿⣿⡆⠀⢸⣿⣿⣾⡇⠀⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣗⣻⡻⠿⠁
⠀⣿⣿⡇⠀⢸⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠉⠁

32 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

Yep. Hopefully it’s as reliable as Toyota wants us to believe 

TRD is technically a "Tuning company"

You think they're going to use those extra provisions to make a special TRD version with all the bracing and coolers and vents functional?

My biggest worries with the car are, that you're expecting Toyota techs who typically work on very simple cars, on something that complicated

And just the name Supra honestly. If they would have gone with the FT1 concept stylistically, it would have been great. But it looks like the front end they went with is just missing something, and doesn't look like a "Supra"

If they would have gone with the Celica name, and brought that back, most people complaining about the BMW bits wouldn't have a reason to complain. 

If they would have gone that route they could have still made that possible TRD version, and made the Supra a trim again, like it was originally.

But I don't see an issue with them partnering with BMW, BMW IMO just makes better parts than Toyota does in the places they used BMW parts (AKA the powertrain, and just about the entire interior)

CPU: i7 4790K Motherboard - MSI Z97 G55 SLI RAM - Crucial Ballistix Sport 16 GB GPU - Sapphire R9 380 Nitro 4GB Case - NZXT H2 (White) Storage - 120 GB Kingston SSDnow,2x 1TB WD Blue PSU - Corsair CX750M Cooling - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 Keyboard Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Logitech G502

2 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

You think they're going to use those extra provisions to make a special TRD version with all the bracing and coolers and vents functional?

My biggest worries with the car are, that you're expecting Toyota techs who typically work on very simple cars, on something that complicated

And just the name Supra honestly. If they would have gone with the FT1 concept stylistically, it would have been great. But it looks like the front end they went with is just missing something, and doesn't look like a "Supra"

If they would have gone with the Celica name, and brought that back, most people complaining about the BMW bits wouldn't have a reason to complain. 

If they would have gone that route they could have still made that possible TRD version, and made the Supra a trim again, like it was originally.

But I don't see an issue with them partnering with BMW, BMW IMO just makes better parts than Toyota does in the places they used BMW parts (AKA the powertrain, and just about the entire interior)

i actually like modern toyota interiors tho. i think they could design a nice interior for the supra. though i got nothing to complain about with the bmw interior, other than maybe the idrive stuff.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

3 hours ago, RevoltTrain said:

is TRD dead now that Gazoo Racing is a thing? Btw the Supra has a GR badge

Celica was a much cheaper much lower end car... 

Here's the thing... 90's early 00's... I think they are over. We want the manufacturers to make a car from that era. That's what we really want. But... they just can't. You have to realize... they literally cannot. Not with all the crap we have today. 

With that mindset it does make it easier to be a little less critical of the new supra. It seems like they did what they /could/ do. It is expensive tho... that's my only problem with it

Spoiler

13 hours ago, bcredeur97 said:

is TRD dead now that Gazoo Racing is a thing? Btw the Supra has a GR badge

Celica was a much cheaper much lower end car... 

Here's the thing... 90's early 00's... I think they are over. We want the manufacturers to make a car from that era. That's what we really want. But... they just can't. You have to realize... they literally cannot. Not with all the crap we have today. 

With that mindset it does make it easier to be a little less critical of the new supra. It seems like they did what they /could/ do. It is expensive tho... that's my only problem with it

I’m actually 100% with @RevoltTrain here. All the cool tuning provisions are epic. If they had called the car something else, and then made a trim called ‘supra’ i thibk people would have recieved it better. Car is cool as hell though. 

[Desktop][i7 3960X @ 4.3Ghz][P9X79 Deluxe][16GB DDR3 1866Mhz][GTX 1080Ti Fe][1TB 850 Evo][Win 10 Pro]
[Laptop][Pavilion Gaming 15t][i7 8750H @ -128 undervolt][8GB DDR4 2666M Mhz][GTX 1060 Max-Q][1TB WD Blue 3D Nand SSD][Win 10 Pro]

8 hours ago, StarsMars said:

Husqvarna 701 Vitpilen

Husqvarna Nuda 900R is better 😛 

image.png.1a3feb372f5963a88f617ee668dfde3e.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

1 hour ago, PandaCopyRight said:

Husqvarna Nuda 900R is better 😛 

But what about the ducati scrambled egg?

2017-Ducati-Scrambler-Desert-Sled-Review

1 minute ago, StarsMars said:

But what about the ducati scrambled egg?

Monster is better ... with all of its 1200cc 

but i actually am considering a Monster 797 for when i get a bike 

image.png.27059844cc97a9dd7f76f567564f5a53.png

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

7 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

fuck, this car makes me W E T

this one too :^)

| Whoosh - The Airplane and Airline Thread |

:x@Dan Castellaneta x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 52ever :x
Current Rig:
Spoiler

}} Titania  *December 22, 2017* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB @ 2400MHz - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - SanDisk SSDPlus 120GB - Toshiba 1TB HDD (2.5" 5400rpm) - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G610 (MX Browns) - Logitech G603 - LG 24MP59HT-P~

Planned Upgrades:

Spoiler

}} R.U.D.I (Rebrand and Mild Refresh of Titania) *On-going 2019* {{

~Ryzen 7 1700 - Asus TUF B350 - Cryorig H7 - Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB - XFX Double Dissipation RX 470 4GB - Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - Seagate 2TB Barracuda HDD - Cooler Master Silencio 352 - LG DVD/CD Drive - EVGA SuperNova G2 550W - Windows 10 Education - Logitech G513 Carbon - Logitech G603~

When your co-worker says if you get a motorcycle you have to get a manual its more fun so you can do wheelies, but then says manuals dont matter in cars. -_- my co-workers are retarded. I dont know where they get their thoughts from. XD

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

35 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

Hmm, now I kinda want a '90s Blazer. Found one about an hour away from me.

https://bham.craigslist.org/cto/d/fort-payne-1999-chevrolet-blazer-lt/6874749142.html

5 past owners, all suburban mums taking their kids to school and soccer practice. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s 2wd or some gypsy AWD system.

9 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

fuck, this car makes me W E T

You know that's FWD with a wimpy automatic, right? You better invest in tires, LCA's and transmission rebuilds cause those cars just burn through those three things.

2 minutes ago, Bitter said:

You know that's FWD with a wimpy automatic, right? You better invest in tires, LCA's and transmission rebuilds cause those cars just burn through those three things.

Oh I know it's front-wheel drive. That's about half of why I want it.

Also, have heard that the Grand Prix GXP does go through transmissions. My selection of cars is always bouncing around and while I'd like to own one, I'm leaning towards a 90s compact wagon, hatchback or SUV.

Volume / Normalized 100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

Yes, I'm gay and don't give a shit about pride. My sexuality isn't my personality; my VHS tapes and my video captures are.