Car Enthusiast Club [Now Motorcycle friendly!] - First thread to 150k! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

techswede
Go to solution Solved by techswede,
26 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Don't lump me in with them. I'm an enthusiast of mechanic design, be it engines, weaponry, or productive machinery. Not a guy with a wrench that reads the marketing garbage AFE/insert other "enthusiast" brand that can't legally warranty half of their products.

I fail to see a correlation between people screeching variations of "forced induction is more efficient!!! Reclaimed energy!!!" and anything I've said.

If you can't be civil. Please leave

Edit. That goes for everyone in the thread

On 3/22/2021 at 7:51 PM, Bitter said:

Why is this so hard for people?

Most ppl dont even know where is the fuse box and level wand in their car, why would they care about a part they cant even see? For example i had a "small" issue with one of the rear brakes:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mfmyukwfda8ozk7/IMG_20200208_110555.jpg?dl=0

Guess what most ppl said....  ("if it works dont bother with it" :old-dry: )

40 minutes ago, DriftMan said:

With the S65 right there and the S85 (also bearings wearing out too soon) it's a bit of misunderstood, but I prefer the looks of a nice E39 over the E60 (not a fan of those headlights)

Last summer I went to the frontier with Portugal to check an E34 with an M50TUB25 for around 3000, the vanos was spilling oil and it was losing power (I believe because of that because it revved weird), there are still lots of E34 here, you can check Wallapop, coches.net and autoscout24.es for cars here, any question I'll gladly answer it

I'm trying to get interior plastics for my E91 and try to sell it before summer, want to go with something a bit older since I'm not travelling much with my car anymore, maybe an E30, Civic EK, Toyota MR2... Or even a Miata if I get a good deal, the E36 is a no-no for now as the 325i and 28i coupes are expensive af, but I wouldn't mind trading my E91 325i for an E36 in mint condition

Recambioverde.es is pretty good, I was checking this amazing car , maybe I can get the CIC navigation to upgrade my CCC, the cruise control and few plastics from the interior

Hope I can go to Portugal soon, it's been a while since I wanted to visit Oporto

The E39 sure has been growing on me. Always liked the E60 :ph34r:

VANOS is a bit tricky, but for an M50B30, it's easier to start with an M50TUB25 so we'll see.

https://www.coches.net/bmw-serie-5-525i-touring-5p-gasolina-1993-en-baleares-48161866-covo.aspx ay caramba

Do like me an EK Civic too... An E91 325i is a damn nice car, rare here at least. E36's are only going up I think and it sure would be a nice trade.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

4 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I thought the 28i's were the 2L turbos... Fair enough, you still got the big NA, I'd love of those :ph34r:

Current ones are

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

7 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I don't think the S62 is half as bad as the S65/S85, bearings wise.

😕

I think this is 100% true after owning both, the whole s62 rod bearing thing  is a bit of a red herring, no one posts on the net when their bearings are fine. I have quite a few palls into the 150k mark on the standard set and some cracked the 200k. Just as a side note replacing them as a service item is actually not too bad at all, price wise. 

Pete

1 hour ago, 711jrp said:

I think this is 100% true after owning both, the whole s62 rod bearing thing  is a bit of a red herring, no one posts on the net when their bearings are fine. I have quite a few palls into the 150k mark on the standard set and some cracked the 200k. Just as a side note replacing them as a service item is actually not too bad at all, price wise. 

+ you do it once good for a loooong time 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

1 hour ago, DriftMan said:

If my E91 is so rare there I could publish an ad in a Portuguese site too lol, I hope I can get in return all the investments I've made...

About VANOS, talking with another mechanic apparently the M50TUB25 is a bit more reliable than the M50B25, as the VANOS is really easy to repair and take care of, but most of the time it's a bit complicated to swap that engine due to the small space lol

Yeah, the thing here is importing. It was rather expensive, people would still pay like 4 grand to import that 325i into the country... Sucks big time.

Ah, good to know.

1 hour ago, 711jrp said:

Yeah, thought so too.

17 hours ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

Yeah, the thing here is importing. It was rather expensive, people would still pay like 4 grand to import that 325i into the country... Sucks big time.

Ah, good to know.

just to ask if gibraltar if british wouldnt that mean if you imported it trough there it would be cheaper, or through spain?

now motorcycle frendly

any motorcyclist around?

2 hours ago, Tonyx said:

now motorcycle frendly

any motorcyclist around?

There are a few here, dont remember who.
I personally was trying to get my motorcycle license then the pandemic hit and now i also lost my job recently, so i have slightly postponed that 🙃

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

18 minutes ago, PandaCopyRight said:

There are a few here, dont remember who.
I personally was trying to get my motorcycle license then the pandemic hit and now i also lost my job recently, so i have slightly postponed that 🙃

rip job and license, idk if this affects to latvia, but here in us you can get paid to like do some pretty fun/easy tasks for money online. NOT mining.

3 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

just to ask if gibraltar if british wouldnt that mean if you imported it trough there it would be cheaper, or through spain?

can I get this translated

13 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

rip job and license, idk if this affects to latvia, but here in us you can get paid to like do some pretty fun/easy tasks for money online. NOT mining.

i mean i use my GPU for mining when i got no use for my pc, its not much but its something for the future 😂

Nah just currently gonna be chilling without a job cause i need a bit of a break

Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Formula Ram - Kingston HyperX Fury 1866mhz CL10 16GBCPU - Intel i7 4790K ;

GPU - Gainward RTX 2070 Phantom ; PSU - Corsair RM750x Cooler - CM Hyper 212 EVO

2 hours ago, PandaCopyRight said:

i mean i use my GPU for mining when i got no use for my pc, its not much but its something for the future 😂

Nah just currently gonna be chilling without a job cause i need a bit of a break

do you atleast have some money to sit on

4 minutes ago, FakeFBI said:

do you atleast have some money to sit on

enough

6 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

If I read this correctly, no, the only criteria that affects these taxes geographically wise are if the car was in the EU in these last years, if they weren't, importing is even more expensive.

6 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

can I get this translated

Since Gibraltar is a British territory, and it borders Spain, would it be easier to import a car from there?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

5 minutes ago, arnavvr said:

Since Gibraltar is a British territory, and it borders Spain, would it be easier to import a car from there?

I know about Gibraltar, just not wtf was said 😂

1 minute ago, AlwaysFSX said:

I know about Gibraltar, just not wtf was said 😂

Didn't I just translate it?

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB

Does anyone here have any experience with a steam cleaner / steamer regarding car interior cleaning? Want to get started with that (as well as exterior detailing) but I'm pretty clueless on what to get.

Just now, JoaoPRSousa said:

Does anyone here have any experience with a steam cleaner / steamer regarding car interior cleaning? Want to get started with that (as well as exterior detailing) but I'm pretty clueless on what to get.

No but I’ve used a Portable clothing steamer to remove window tint and it works pretty great 

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, bcredeur97 said:

No but I’ve used a Portable clothing steamer to remove window tint and it works pretty great 

I'm looking for something to clean the carpets and cloth seats / door cards with, I've seen some cheap portable ones on Amazon, but I wonder that would cope with a whole interior, being that it only lasts for like 15mins before needing a refill... And I also don't know if I should buy a steam cleaner or a steamer, apparently they are different things.

18 hours ago, FakeFBI said:

8 hours ago, arnavvr said:

One thing, Portugal IS NOT Spain.

24 minutes ago, JoaoPRSousa said:

I'm looking for something to clean the carpets and cloth seats / door cards with, I've seen some cheap portable ones on Amazon, but I wonder that would cope with a whole interior, being that it only lasts for like 15mins before needing a refill... And I also don't know if I should buy a steam cleaner or a steamer, apparently they are different things.

Steam cleaner will have higher pressure to actually blast things off I believe.

i wonder what the ammonyc guy uses 

Spoiler