Do you hold your beverage in your right or left hand? (revised)

TVwazhere

Which hand do you handle drinks with?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. If you're right handed, which hand do you hold your drink in?

• Right Hand
    • Left hand
    • I'm left handed
  2. 2. If you're left handed, which hand do you hold your drink in?

• Left Hand
    • Right hand
    • I'm right handed
  3. 3. If you're ambidextrous, which hand do you normally hold your drink in?

• Right hand
    • Left hand
    • I'm not ambidextrous
  4. 4. Where is your drink normally located in relation to you (on a table, a desk, etc)

• Right side
    • Left side
  5. 5. BONUS QUESTION: Linus or Luke

• Linus
    • Luke
    • Legacy Turnip Poll Option (y'all seem to love this)

I just realized I almost always drink with my left hand, and switching it to my right (i was able to do it easily of course) felt a bit off. I am right handed, and so I'm wondering if this is a preferred hand dominance thing (drinks handled with recessive hand) , a Culture norm (drinks on left side of plate) or some thing else entirely.

I've revised the poll options but the original votes remained where they are, so the data might be getting scrambled a bit. Wonder if there's a way to clear poll data? Or would each voter have to come back and revise their votes? @colonel_mortis

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

1. Both (primary left, not due to below)
  2. Ambidextrous (primary right)
  3. Wherever is convenient
  4. Luke

I got 1 legacy vote. Turnip  never fails

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Right handed but I hold drinks with my left hand and keep them to the left of me to do other shit with my right hand.

Turnip.

2 minutes ago, JoeyDM said:

Right handed but I hold drinks with my left hand and keep them to the left of me to do other shit with my right hand.

Good to know I'm not the only one

I too handle drinks with my left hand and keep my drink on the left side even though I'm right handed.... also Luke>Linus. 

Feels weird to hold drinks with my right hand. Same goes for phones, I can only hold with my left hand and talk on the phone with left ear (obviously). 

Wearables also go on left wrist/hand. 

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

I need a both option for what hand I hold drinks in :(

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

4 minutes ago, Steemax said:

Wearables also go on left wrist/hand. 

I usually wear watches on the right, which apparently is the exception to the rule. I haven't worn one in years but if I did pick it up again I cant imagine it being on my left.

4 minutes ago, Hiitchy said:

I need a both option for what hand I hold drinks in :(

Which do you drink more? Go with the majority!

(same for anyone thats ambidextrous) 

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Which do you drink more? Go with the majority!

(same for anyone thats ambidextrous) 

LOL, right hand it is :P

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I'm a righty, I mostly hold my drinks and keep my drinks to the left. 

I'm fairly ambidextrous so I don't usually care what hand my drink is in, although when I set it down I set it to my right.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Well I hold multiple beverages in both hands, its called double fisting them, I have become quite skilled at that over the years. But I am right handed so chug-a-lug right handed and pass out on right side.

Right handed, I use either hand to drink. When eating, I use my left hand to drink while my right hand keep the utensil in hand. 

If I'm only drinking and nothing else, I use my right hand.

If I'm on the computer, I keep my right hand on the mouse to keep browsing and drink with my left hand.
I mean, it really just depends on the situation. If my right hand is busy doing literally anything, I use my left hand to drink, if not, right hand.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Right handed, drink with my left hand. I was conditioned to do this because you "cant shake someones hand when you meet them if you have a drink in it."

CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k 3.7Ghz MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance (4x4) Storage: Crucial MX300 275Gb | WD Blue 1Tb

GPU: XFX RS RX480 8Gb Case: Corsair 270R PSU: Seasonic Focus+ 750w

Monitors: HP 22cwa | BenQ BL2420PT  Cans: ATH-M50x 

I think I'm ambidrinxtrous.

I'm mostly ambidextrous (51% left-handed according to tests)

left-handed writing and usage of scissors, but I do most other things with the right hand. 

Wristwatch on the right even though it's kinda inconvenient since those are designed to wear them on the left. 

Glasses are positioned on the right-hand side of the plate, but when not at the table I tend to drink using whatever hand is the most convenient at that moment.

Mouse is a G700s which is designed for right-handed use, so I use my right hand for that.  Back when I was using an ambidextrous mouse it didn't really matter.  I had mouse pads on both sides of the keyboard and used whichever one the cat wasn't lying on. 

shouldnt there be more poll options? say if your lefthanded and hold righthanded. just to give a better overview of things

14 hours ago, immortal-ben said:

Can we replace Luke with Jibo, please?

Image result for no meme

12 hours ago, sauce-c said:

Right handed, drink with my left hand. I was conditioned to do this because you "cant shake someones hand when you meet them if you have a drink in it."

Oooo, I like that!

3 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

shouldnt there be more poll options? say if your lefthanded and hold righthanded. just to give a better overview of things

Thats why there's a question for which hand do you hold your drink in , and then the next is what dominant hand are you.

I use my robotic slave's hand.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

1 hour ago, TVwazhere said:

Image result for no meme

Oooo, I like that!

Thats why there's a question for which hand do you hold your drink in , and then the next is what dominant hand are you.

That the issue. Boths sides vote for this, which blends the results Really there should be multiple poll-sets. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

That the issue. Boths sides vote for this, which blends the results Really there should be multiple poll-sets. 

I see what you mean, and I've thought about that. There's no way to tell which right handed people are voting for right or left handed drink holding. 

Idealy If I was to remake this it would be :

Right handed

• Right hand Drink
  • Left Hand drink
  • I'm left handed

Left handed

• Right hand Drink
  • Left Hand drink
  • I'm right handed

Ambidextrous

• Right hand drink
  • Left hand drink
  • I'm not Ambidextrous

And then my last two pertaining to table location and Bonus question.

Though, the way the poll is changing, we have a lot pf people who are right handed, but not all of them are holding their drink with their right hand, which is something to note I guess.