Remember these weird mice? The Trackball is back!

I still use a trackball mouse sometimes.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

I find 3d mice more useful :)

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

They were never gone. Logitech was never the only manufacturer. They were and still are for a very niche market. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

so this ep has a doubble add? both tunnelbear AND Crunchyroll?

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

It would be cool if logitec could implement a button that allows you to spin the ball at a faster rate, like what they did with one of their MX master mice.

I use a trackball with my laptop so I don't need a flat surface. I honestly can't understand how anyone would prefer laser mice in that situation.

3 minutes ago, BachChain said:

I use a trackball with my laptop so I don't need a flat surface. I honestly can't understand how anyone would prefer laser mice in that situation.

M570 placed on my leg is amazing for laptop or htpc use. Although the m570 isn't as smooth as my old PS/2 trackball, I could flick the ball and make it spin for 30+ seconds.

Balls.

Since I am to lazy to put something interesting here, I will put everything, but slightly abbreviated. Here is everything:

also, some questions to make you wonder about life:

What is I and who is me? Who is you? Which armrest in the movie theatre is yours?

also,

Welcome to the internet, I will be your guide. Or something.

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor,

Motherboard: ASRock B250M Pro4 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, 

Memory: Corsair 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory,

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive, 

Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB ARMOR OC Video Card, 

Case: Corsair 100R ATX Mid Tower Case , 

Power Supply: Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply, 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home Full, 

Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link TL-WN725N USB 2.0 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter, Case Fan: Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM  120mm Fan

ou do not ask why, you ask why not -me

Remeber kinds, the only differ between screwing around and scince is writing it down. -Adam Savage.

Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not even sure of the former. - Albert Einstein.

*Gavin screams internally*

The last time I used a mouse like this was on a stage lighting control program that didn't really have an interface because it was all DOS. So in other words I've never actually used one at least. 

"The only thing that matters right now is that you're here, and you're safe."

I have a friend of mine who recently switched to a trackball for fatigue reasons and better operation of dial dialogs in Logic etc. He really likes it but I am still not convince that thing is better than a proper ergonomic mouse instead of his stupid apple mighty mouse ...

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

I've been using my TrackBall for my entire life and actually prefer it to laser mice. There might not be RGB yet, but it's very handy when working on the road

I went through a trackball phase, they can be enjoyable once you really get used to them. I would never use one for gaming though.

Still running my Microsoft trackball optical 1.0 on my business computer. 16 years old.

Curious when researching and scripting this video how much James stole referenced from these articles:

http://lgponthemove.blogspot.com/2010/10/accessory-corner-logitech-m570-wireless.html

http://lgponthemove.blogspot.com/2014/09/tech-tips-fixing-flaky-logitech-m570.html

Calling trackball users old is an insult - by that same measure I could label PC users who have yet to use one as "tech illiterate". They are far superior pointing devices to mice, track pads and even track sticks. And yes, I have been using them exclusively for around 13 years now - they are that good.

First NEW trackball model, maybe. However there are two older models that Logitech made for quite some time, and one of them looks damn near exactly like the the MX Ergo, the other, a dark grey version of the 3rd shown at 0:16. I can walk down to a few office stores that sell both, that'll have ones manufactured within 2 years.

3 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

I never got why people liked trackballs, they where horrible in everything I tried.

They work on all surfaces, require no wrist movement, and speed and precision with them all comes down to practice (not that it's hard to achieve a fast and precise experience).

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

They are far superior pointing devices to mice

Having used both for quiet some time, they aren't. They're no better, no worse than a good mouse or trackpad.

1 hour ago, Luscious said:

I have been using them exclusively for around 13 years now - they are that good.

Just because you use them exclusively doesn't automatically make it good.

I'll be driving my 2000 Dodge Dakota for years, been driving it exclusively for 4. Doesn't change the fact that it was Dodge's worst model for both engine problems and driver seat problems or that it isn't better than a Mazda B4000 when it comes to real world performance.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Trackballs on desktops were really only good for people with arm injuries/disabilities. Just cant get the same level of precision or speed with just your thumb.

Linus right now:

Should do a comparison on who makes the better trackpoint. Dell or Lenovo?

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 hours ago, James said:

Buy Logitech MX Ergo!
Amazon: http://geni.us/pLKh
Newegg: http://geni.us/qVh6z

Ever use a Trackball Mouse? They were pretty popular in the 90's- and it looks like they could be bouncing back with the Logitech MX Ergo!

I love these things! they are really awesome in tight spaces, and plus, you can brag you have superior intellect for using a strange mouse...

i used to play catch with the trackball since you can take it out

you can also say it was the original fidget ball

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Overpriced for the features it provides, this should have been priced closer to $70. That said, it's nice to see that they're still putting a little effort into them. Key word being little. There's still much that can be improved with them.

7 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

I never got why people liked trackballs, they where horrible in everything I tried.

How long did you try it for though?

6 hours ago, BachChain said:

I'd much prefer to use the trackpad on the laptop in such a situation ;)

3 hours ago, davo1111 said:

Trackballs on desktops were really only good for people with arm injuries/disabilities. Just cant get the same level of precision or speed with just your thumb.

Not true at all, my dad much prefers trackball mice to regular ones.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red