AMD Epyc 7000 series revealed

NumLock21
Just now, Lord Nicoll said:

8 way Titan Xp 3D Mark runs? 

Not possible :(

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, Lord Nicoll said:

8 way Titan Xp 3D Mark runs? 

:x:x Don't give me ideas!

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Don't get your hopes up yet.

1) This is supposedly a leak, which are not reliable.

2) These seem like official benchmarks, which are not reliable either.

So that's two reasons for not trusting them. It sounds promising, but keep your excitement to a minimum until reliable third party benchmarks and official prices are out.

21 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

AM I READING THIS RIGHT.

the single socket 16c EPYC will cost less then $700 and the dual socket capable CPU's is $1100-$600. so Threadripper shouldn't be more then $1000.

No you are not reading it right. It says "above $700", not under.

If this slide is correct then the 16 core epyc will cost between 700 and 1000 dollars. So maybe like 800?

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

could work with the vapor chambre and two or three fans i would say

well almost all rack chassis of that size have 6 (technically 12) fans, so really air flow isn't an issue, and actually, with a single socket in the middle and 8 DIMM slots on either side, you could fit a massive massive heatsink. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Not possible :(

Ay, As far as I know 3D mark can only go to 4, however I know of several other programmes that love as many GPUs as possible. 

Yours faithfully

well almost all rack chassis of that size have 6 (technically 12) fans, so really air flow isn't an issue, and actually, with a single socket in the middle and 8 DIMM slots on either side, you could fit a massive massive heatsink. 

i doubt the chip would be nice and cool but it would work atleast lol, heatsink would cost you loads though

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Ay, As far as I know 3D mark can only go to 4, however I know of several other programmes that love as many GPUs as possible. 

Who cares? Will those applications get you on the 3dMark HOF? xD

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

48 minutes ago, revsilverspine said:

not to mention they could also pull another dick move and make it a 4-cpu config only thing, so you have to buy 4 of them to use them on a $5000 motherboard.

Don't forget the pci lane unlocking key you have to buy to use extra PCI-E lanes for raid setups, for which you have to buy another key (not included ) but only purchasable with Intel ssds !  That way it can works with non intel ssds, but you have to buy them anyway! 

Is your business wallet ready for bankruptcy ? 

i doubt the chip would be nice and cool but it would work atleast lol, heatsink would cost you loads though

Yes, because some fancy copper really matters when I'm spending probably 2000 USD+ on memory, about another 500 USD+ for the chassis and probably around like 4000USD for the processor, then add the software, which can easily go into the 5 digits, some fancy copper is going to matter hahahaah

Yours faithfully

you could split it into sevral VMs all running benchmarks for some super inexplicable reason! also 16 gamers one CPU could be a thing lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

25 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

But this one has 4x more memory channels and 8x more PCIe lanes(I think), I don't think that it's too cautious....

I know, but what is your estimated impact of more channels and lanes on power consumtion and heat generation, vs. the impact of higher voltages, clocks, and core-count (they have 4 times more cores at 180W)?

Who cares? Will those applications get you on the 3dMark HOF? xD

No, but they'd make you money and process data, who cares who's ion the HOF is your company can't process data fast enough and you loose a million dollar contract. 

Yours faithfully

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

you could split it into sevral VMs all running benchmarks for some super inexplicable reason! also 16 gamers one CPU could be a thing lol

Virtualization on Ryzen isn't very good, so don't get your hopes up...

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Get dual GPU cards from AMD (I bet they'll make one for vega, that have up until now) and dual socket 32 cores, and you could have 32 gamers one CPU, you could host a game server, and all the servers players, on a single machine. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

it has become better with the recent bios or something. Or it will be in july or something. Was on a WAN show

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

I know, but what is your estimated impact of more channels and lanes on power consumtion and heat generation, vs. the impact of higher voltages, clocks, and core-count (they have 4 times more cores at 180W)?

Anyways TDP doesn't mean anything, the 32 core will definitely draw more than 180W under load

No, but they'd make you money and process data, who cares who's ion the HOF is your company can't process data fast enough and you loose a million dollar contract. 

look, if i had a server with a few of these CPUs, and say a 1080 or something, i WOULD run benchmakrs on work time. who dosent want to utterly destroy Cinebench? or 3Dmark? the physics score would get you so much score that you could run on a god damn GTX 750TI and still be at the top!

Builds:

Spoiler

33 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Performance looks promising, but:

• AVX performance is clearly not taken into account
  • They are comparing EPYC to older Xeons, we don't know how EPYC stacks up vs Skylake Xeons

Neither do we know how these even perform to be fair :P it's not like they purposely compared them to older models

i know, its pretty poop but its getting better. think Limeware had a working thing in house that they told Linus about, think he mentioned it on the WAN show a few weeks back :) 

2 minutes ago, Lord Nicoll said:

Get dual GPU cards from AMD (I bet they'll make one for vega, that have up until now) and dual socket 32 cores, and you could have 32 gamers one CPU, you could host a game server, and all the servers players, on a single machine. 

thats two CPUs though :P 

Builds:

Spoiler

look, if i had a server with a few of these CPUs, and say a 1080 or something, i WOULD run benchmakrs on work time. who dosent want to utterly destroy Cinebench? or 3Dmark? the physics score would get you so much score that you could run on a god damn GTX 750TI and still be at the top!

I would also, but make sure the boss isn't watching, or if he is tell him the rival company is beating their scores and hope he has a competitive nature and enjoys some joking around with thousands of dollars of equipment because go big or go home. 

Yours faithfully

thats two CPUs though :P 

As Linus mentioned, it might be two but the principle is still the same. 

Yours faithfully

Just now, laminutederire said:

Neither do we know how these even perform to be fair :P 

Exactly, but I still think that comparing EPYC to older Broadwell Xeons isn't very fair, since Skylake-X is quite a bit better (more L2 cache, better IPC, AVX-512 etc)

3 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

2 minutes ago, DeezNoNos said:

it has become better with the recent bios or something. Or it will be in july or something. Was on a WAN show

Why is virtualization bad? Are there pass through issues?

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

i did not digg deep enough

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, djdwosk97 said:

Idk, Linus once said on the Wan Show that the creators of UnRaid told him that virtualization on Ryzen isn't a very good experience