Hunter259

Wargaming threatening to abuse Youtube Copyright system

Posted · Original PosterOP

Now I am in no means backing SirFoch in the way that he acted. Most everyone agrees he deserved to lose his CC status but for them to go to threatening to remove his video is going way to far. They also did this to another popular Streamer/Youtuber by the name of Circonflexes who made a joke about a map being designed like a snot covered napkin of the map design lead. Jim Sterling earlier today released a video focusing on this incident. Any company who acts in this way deserves to be responded to by the entire gaming community as a whole showing our displeasure for those that abuse systems to censor anyone; even if it is in a way that is not the most professional.

Also at this time Total Biscuit has noticed this abuse and has commented on it on twitter, albeit with some skepticism.

Spoiler

i7 2600k 4.7Ghz @ 1.38v - EVGA Hybrid 980ti 1450Mhz Boost 7.9Ghz Mem.- Asus P8P67D Deluxe - Corsair H115i - Kingston Fury 16GB 1866Mhz - HX850i - Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD  - Toshiba 3TB Green 7200RPM HD - Phanteks P400S

Spoiler

iPhone 6 - 16gb, AT&T, iOS 9 Beta 5 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

- 8GB Ram - Intel Iris 5100 - 2560x1600 Retina Display - 128GB Stock SSD - Mac OSX El Capitan Public Beta Former FOR SALE - Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15 i7-2675QM - 16GB Ram - AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB - 1440x900 Glossy Display - 500 GB Stock HD - Mac OSX Yosemite 10.13 + Windows 10 

Spoiler

Mid 2014 Retina Macbook Pro 13 i5 4278U

Well Sirfoch is %100 right abd Wargaming is a money whore and they just want money because they are drunk Russians and they want to be the richest Russians

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build:

FX-6300 (OC'd to 4.5 hopefully) , ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3, MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC (will OC it even more), 8gb DDR3, EVGA 450BV will be replaced by a EVGA G3 650

My Laptop:

i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I just wonder how many community contributors are going to walk away from WG after all of this since Gaijin did tried this exact same act over a year ago and it cost them several of their well known content creators which included the mighty jingles.

17 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Well Sirfoch is %100 right abd Wargaming is a money whore and they just want money because they are drunk Russians and they want to be the richest Russians

Its their right to be douchebags, so let them be douchebags. 

17 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Its their right to be douchebags, so let them be douchebags. 

I know, I do play some of Wargaming games but after I know what I'm doing it could turn out to be really bad

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build:

FX-6300 (OC'd to 4.5 hopefully) , ASUS M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3, MSI GTX 770 Twin Frozr OC (will OC it even more), 8gb DDR3, EVGA 450BV will be replaced by a EVGA G3 650

My Laptop:

i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Have to admit that I'm somewhat glad that I left the game like a year ago. 

Recent patches as well as the actions from wargaming seem to kill off the last amount of fun you could have.

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

Dang I thought War Thunder was bad but this game really looks terrible. World of junk more like it.

A premium tank is one thing, but Premium AMMO... that's just ROTFL.

It's not really premium ammo. It used to be but you can get it via normal ingame currency nowadays.

I despise WG. They are a bunch of money grabbing idiots who care only for themselves. There are ton of tanks that need to be fixed and yet, they realise a new PREM tank that is OP in every way. Not even T9-10 Heavies can pen it. And don't get me started on the Arty update. I HATE Arty. You don't even get hit and you still get stunned. They should only make stun for T7-T10 arty.....I'd actually like to see arty gone all together. They need to remove some tanks for sure. Buff some tanks and nerf some tanks...But hey. They won't listen, unless you pay them...And the MM is worse than before. Utter shit. I don't know why I still play this game..

Spoiler

CPU: i5 4690 |CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Z97-A | RAM: 4x4GB Kingston Memory 1600mhz | GPU: Sappphire HD 7950 3gb flex | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 120GB Kingston V300 SSD | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 20" Dell  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer 302USB Xenyx 5 Input Mixer | Neewer® NW-700 Microphone | Behringer PS400 Micropower Phantom Power Supply

7 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I despise WG. They are a bunch of money grabbing idiots who care only for themselves. There are ton of tanks that need to be fixed and yet, they realise a new PREM tank that is OP in every way. Not even T9-10 Heavies can pen it. And don't get me started on the Arty update. I HATE Arty. You don't even get hit and you still get stunned. They should only make stun for T7-T10 arty.....I'd actually like to see arty gone all together. They need to remove some tanks for sure. Buff some tanks and nerf some tanks...But hey. They won't listen, unless you pay them...And the MM is worse than before. Utter shit. I don't know why I still play this game..

I pretty much stopped playing because of arty. With everyone using XVM and me being a purple color everyone just tried to shoot me as soon as I got spotted.

There was no more fun because I was just constantly trying to avoid the arty.

Once I heard about the arty update (like half a year ago) I decided that it's time to stop before I go crazy :D

good thing I never paid a cent in all the time I was playing.

8 hours ago, alphaproject said:

Dang I thought War Thunder was bad but this game really looks terrible. World of junk more like it.

A premium tank is one thing, but Premium AMMO... that's just ROTFL.

War Thunder's just the same. Spend some money, and you get a fuckton more stuff from the game. World of Tanks, everything except premium tanks and garage slots can be obtained through the normal in game currency.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Yukuru (Main rig): i5-6600k @ stock | Silverstone AR04 | iGPU (Godawful) | 1x8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2800 (Running 2133) | ASRock H110M-STX | 128GB Plextor M6S + NAS | Delta 120W Power brick (Thanks @iamdarkyoshi) | Custom Case (Build log| MSX

Spoiler

Blast From the Past (Disassembled and decommissioned as of the 7th of December, 2016, you will be missed): Asus A8Js | C2D T7200 @ 2GHz | Nvidia Go 7700 512MB DDR2 | 2x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston RAM | Hitachi TravelStar 5K160 160GB 5400 HDD | Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch late 2013 model i7-4558U (2C/4T @ 3.3GHz Turbo) Intel Iris 5100 graphics (1200MHz boosts) 8GB DDR3-1600 Soldered on 2560 x 1600 display (Looks very nice)

Spoiler

Box (Brother's Rig): Xeon X5450 | Alpine 11 Pro Rev. 2 | Asus P5G41C-M LX | Asus GT 730 2GB Passive | 2x2GB Noname (DDR2-667) | Crucial BX200 240GB + 320GB HDD | Aerocool Strike-X 500W | Win7 Home Premium

Spoiler

Spiky Box (Sister's Rig, needs upgrades): i7-4790 | Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 | Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | KFA2 GTX 560 Ti EX OC | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | Aerocool Xpredator X3 Red/Gold edition (My old case) | MSX 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist PSU Tier list F@H stats | Mining Ethereum

I have no idea who these people are or what game it pertains to. 

Main PC:  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM: Amd R9 Gamer 32gb 2400mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF X Case | Storage: Amd R7 480gb, 2x Crucial M500 240gb, Toshiba 5TB | PSU: Antec True Power Quattro 1200 | CPU: Amd FX-9590 | GPU: Asus Amd Fury X | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Razer Leviathan | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Display: Dell u3415w | Cooling: Apogee XL, Heatkiller Fury X w/ Back Plate, 720mm Rad

Posted · Original PosterOP
7 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I have no idea who these people are or what game it pertains to. 

Then why even post a comment?

Spoiler

i7 2600k 4.7Ghz @ 1.38v - EVGA Hybrid 980ti 1450Mhz Boost 7.9Ghz Mem.- Asus P8P67D Deluxe - Corsair H115i - Kingston Fury 16GB 1866Mhz - HX850i - Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD  - Toshiba 3TB Green 7200RPM HD - Phanteks P400S

Spoiler

iPhone 6 - 16gb, AT&T, iOS 9 Beta 5 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

- 8GB Ram - Intel Iris 5100 - 2560x1600 Retina Display - 128GB Stock SSD - Mac OSX El Capitan Public Beta Former FOR SALE - Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15 i7-2675QM - 16GB Ram - AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512MB - 1440x900 Glossy Display - 500 GB Stock HD - Mac OSX Yosemite 10.13 + Windows 10 

Spoiler

Mid 2014 Retina Macbook Pro 13 i5 4278U

19 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Then why even post a comment?

Because i doubt im the only one and maybe someone can give a condenced answer as to whats going on. 

For most news post that require background information to know its usually included in the OP post. 

Main PC:  Motherboard: Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM: Amd R9 Gamer 32gb 2400mhz | Case: Cooler Master HAF X Case | Storage: Amd R7 480gb, 2x Crucial M500 240gb, Toshiba 5TB | PSU: Antec True Power Quattro 1200 | CPU: Amd FX-9590 | GPU: Asus Amd Fury X | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Sound: Razer Leviathan | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Display: Dell u3415w | Cooling: Apogee XL, Heatkiller Fury X w/ Back Plate, 720mm Rad

A few other community contributors have chimed in on this matter who seem to be a bit more level headed on this with one going into more detail about what happened with both fosh and circon.

It looks like there aren't any major community contributors are walking out since (although there are more holes in the comment mentioned) wargaming have stated that what happened shouldn't have happened.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:14 PM, Billy_Mays said:

Well that's what USA selling its soul to shove capitalism down their throats does.

DZ77SL-50K LGA 1155 Motherboard  650W Thermaltake PSU  Intel i5 3450 CPU  12GB DDR3 RAM (two 4 GB+ two 2 GB)  Sapphire Nitro RX 460 (4GB) GPU   500GB Hitachi HDD + 240GB Sandisk G25 SSD   Antec VSK 4000E Mid Tower Case (home-made glass window)  CRYORIG M9i Mini CPU Cooler + Kingwin CF-012LBW Intake + default outtake fan

Ohh FFS Wargaming. I just got done unlocking the IS and now I have to face that monstrosity of a premium tank? Now I cant feast on the tears of Tier 8 heavies in my T-34-85 :( 

I Love Life Now

(Still The Only Way To Succeed Is To Chip Away At The Soul) 

YouTube's copyright system is super easy to fuck around with. 

Welcome to the world of internet fighting, where it's apparently effective to fight with abusable copyright spam.

Mr. Krabs! You shouldn't talk about Squidward like that!

40 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

What is this? Can somebody fill me in where Google could not?

Community contributor. Basically you're allowed to act as a press member for Wargaming, they give you vehicles, a press account and other goodies meant to promote the game through your media channel. The problem is that Wargaming is owned by Russians, which means they get a little censor-happy whenever a CC critiques their game.

1 hour ago, Dogeystyle said:

Community contributor. Basically you're allowed to act as a press member for Wargaming, they give you vehicles, a press account and other goodies meant to promote the game through your media channel. The problem is that Wargaming is owned by Russians, which means they get a little censor-happy whenever a CC critiques their game.

They are freely aloud to critique their game, but as a CC you represent them publicly. And when you go on profanity laden rants they have every right to distance themselves from you. As far as the whole DMCA thing the guy who said that is at the bottom of the food chain, and likely stepped out of line from company policy. WG will likely get out an official response next week on the matter.

The teams that run the NA region for all three games are pretty legit, and I have personally met a few of them and they wouldn't stand for anything like this kind of shit. EU has it's issues, and a big one is communication due too the wide range of langues, and some other events over the past year I won't get into. The company as a whole has done an about face with community relations in recent years, and i doubt the higher ups would even try to pull shit like this. Let everything come out before everyone starts rioting.

CASE NZXT S340 ELITE | MATTE WHITE CPU i7-5930K MOBO ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1 GPU ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME! RAM 32GB PC4-21300 STORAG256GB 840 PRO/2TB & 3TB HDD PSU CORSAIR AX850 850W COOLING KRAKIN X61 OS WINDOWS 10 PRO DISPLAY DELL U3415W 34" CURVED UW KEYBOARD RAZER BLACKWIDOW CHROMA MOUSE LOGITECT G502 SPECTRUM AUDIO LOGITECH Z623 200W SPEAKERS HEADSET SENNHEISER PHONE IPHONE 7 128GB BLACK TABLET IPAD MINI 4 64GB GOLD

Here is a post from the NA associate producer Q.

Hi folks,

I'm closing this topic before it gets too out of hand. The EU community team has a post explaining the issue. I don't have all the facts at the moment so I don't want to say something untrue and some of this may not apply to this situation. 

I work with the NA contributors directly and our policy here is not to remove content we as a Company may disagree with. We want contributors to express their honest opinions in a constructive way. That said, Contributors that we work with directly are held to a higher code of conduct and standards since what they express is often promoted by Wargaming. They are free to disagree with us as long as it's constructive and not just raw anger.

We don't want to silence opinions about the game, in fact we value your input greatly. I'll leave this thread visible so people can take a look for themselves but this is what I'm just closing this topic. Please do not create more threads on this issue.

Link

CASE NZXT S340 ELITE | MATTE WHITE CPU i7-5930K MOBO ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1 GPU ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME! RAM 32GB PC4-21300 STORAG256GB 840 PRO/2TB & 3TB HDD PSU CORSAIR AX850 850W COOLING KRAKIN X61 OS WINDOWS 10 PRO DISPLAY DELL U3415W 34" CURVED UW KEYBOARD RAZER BLACKWIDOW CHROMA MOUSE LOGITECT G502 SPECTRUM AUDIO LOGITECH Z623 200W SPEAKERS HEADSET SENNHEISER PHONE IPHONE 7 128GB BLACK TABLET IPAD MINI 4 64GB GOLD

I'm acctually very relieved by this whole s**tstorm. It just shows that apples don't fall far from the tree and it implies to the countries too (in Finnish Belarus is called Valko-Venäjä which litterally turns into White-Russia). Anyone else remembers what Gaijin used to do to the YouTube videos that said War Thunder was bad and Wargaming went and marketed that they would never do something like that? Well what Russians first that Belarussians later, apparently.

The video SirFoch made was bad, but throwing the DMCA claim card without right reasons is even worse. Removing the community contributor status was right choice from Wargaming (and as far as I know SirFoch never even asked for it in the first place) and asking about removing the video politely would have been a good choice, but going full Gaijin and throwing "take it down or we take it and your whole channel down with copyright claim" was the worst choice. Even if it was a spurt of a very emotional moment from a single Wargaming employee, it's still bad because that employee is basicly part of the customer service who should extremely well know what are the quidelines of the company and how to react by them. Even when community lead came and said that "Wargaming would never do such a thing as push DMCA claim in this kind of situation", the fact that another community manager threathened one community contributor with it tells, that Wargaming doesn't have (at least clear enough) guidelines when they can threathen some content creator with DMCA claims. Also if Wargaming was ready to go and press the DMCA claim button, they would be ready to abuse the DMCA just like Sega and Gaijin have done in the past.

But we need to look at the bright side. At least now I can test my Vive with War Thunder because Gaijin isn't that much worse than Wargaming at the community management :D

Maybe he should have used more up to date information since the post he was showing was the original post before it was corrected after and from what I'm currently watching, the email that Jim Sterling received was from Wargaming NA and not Wargaming EU considering the fact that Wargaming NA seemed to have filled their fire extinguishers with high octane aviation fuel with with they've posted to kotaku (although I can't find the actual link).

Originally this was the response from the Mighty Jingles before all this happened

Then we have Quickybaby who had to comment about false accusations about his review of the tank in question

And after this shitstorm with wargaming NA, The Mighty Jingles is the second person (the first was pointyhairedjedi) to leave the wargaming EU community contributor program because he felt that even though he was a wargaming EU community contributor it wouldn't protect him for wargaming as a global entity.

So are wargaming NA really legit for all three games @shermantanker