Wargaming threatening to abuse Youtube Copyright system

Hunter259

Now I am in no means backing SirFoch in the way that he acted. Most everyone agrees he deserved to lose his CC status but for them to go to threatening to remove his video is going way to far. They also did this to another popular Streamer/Youtuber by the name of Circonflexes who made a joke about a map being designed like a snot covered napkin of the map design lead. Jim Sterling earlier today released a video focusing on this incident. Any company who acts in this way deserves to be responded to by the entire gaming community as a whole showing our displeasure for those that abuse systems to censor anyone; even if it is in a way that is not the most professional.

Also at this time Total Biscuit has noticed this abuse and has commented on it on twitter, albeit with some skepticism.

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Well Sirfoch is %100 right abd Wargaming is a money whore and they just want money because they are drunk Russians and they want to be the richest Russians

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

I just wonder how many community contributors are going to walk away from WG after all of this since Gaijin did tried this exact same act over a year ago and it cost them several of their well known content creators which included the mighty jingles.

17 hours ago, Billy_Mays said:

Well Sirfoch is %100 right abd Wargaming is a money whore and they just want money because they are drunk Russians and they want to be the richest Russians

Its their right to be douchebags, so let them be douchebags. 

17 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

Its their right to be douchebags, so let them be douchebags. 

I know, I do play some of Wargaming games but after I know what I'm doing it could turn out to be really bad

Im mostly on discord now and you can find me on my profile

My Build: Xeon 2630L V, RX 560 2gb, 8gb ddr4 1866, EVGA 450BV 

My Laptop #1: i3-5020U, 8gb of DDR3, Intel HD 5500

Dang I thought War Thunder was bad but this game really looks terrible. World of junk more like it.

A premium tank is one thing, but Premium AMMO... that's just ROTFL.

Have to admit that I'm somewhat glad that I left the game like a year ago. 

Recent patches as well as the actions from wargaming seem to kill off the last amount of fun you could have.

1 hour ago, alphaproject said:

Dang I thought War Thunder was bad but this game really looks terrible. World of junk more like it.

It's not really premium ammo. It used to be but you can get it via normal ingame currency nowadays.

I despise WG. They are a bunch of money grabbing idiots who care only for themselves. There are ton of tanks that need to be fixed and yet, they realise a new PREM tank that is OP in every way. Not even T9-10 Heavies can pen it. And don't get me started on the Arty update. I HATE Arty. You don't even get hit and you still get stunned. They should only make stun for T7-T10 arty.....I'd actually like to see arty gone all together. They need to remove some tanks for sure. Buff some tanks and nerf some tanks...But hey. They won't listen, unless you pay them...And the MM is worse than before. Utter shit. I don't know why I still play this game..

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

7 hours ago, Abdul201588 said:

I despise WG. They are a bunch of money grabbing idiots who care only for themselves. There are ton of tanks that need to be fixed and yet, they realise a new PREM tank that is OP in every way. Not even T9-10 Heavies can pen it. And don't get me started on the Arty update. I HATE Arty. You don't even get hit and you still get stunned. They should only make stun for T7-T10 arty.....I'd actually like to see arty gone all together. They need to remove some tanks for sure. Buff some tanks and nerf some tanks...But hey. They won't listen, unless you pay them...And the MM is worse than before. Utter shit. I don't know why I still play this game..

I pretty much stopped playing because of arty. With everyone using XVM and me being a purple color everyone just tried to shoot me as soon as I got spotted.

There was no more fun because I was just constantly trying to avoid the arty.

Once I heard about the arty update (like half a year ago) I decided that it's time to stop before I go crazy :D

good thing I never paid a cent in all the time I was playing.

8 hours ago, alphaproject said:

War Thunder's just the same. Spend some money, and you get a fuckton more stuff from the game. World of Tanks, everything except premium tanks and garage slots can be obtained through the normal in game currency.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I have no idea who these people are or what game it pertains to. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

7 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

I have no idea who these people are or what game it pertains to. 

Then why even post a comment?

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

19 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Then why even post a comment?

Because i doubt im the only one and maybe someone can give a condenced answer as to whats going on. 

For most news post that require background information to know its usually included in the OP post. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

A few other community contributors have chimed in on this matter who seem to be a bit more level headed on this with one going into more detail about what happened with both fosh and circon.

It looks like there aren't any major community contributors are walking out since (although there are more holes in the comment mentioned) wargaming have stated that what happened shouldn't have happened.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:14 PM, Billy_Mays said:

Well that's what USA selling its soul to shove capitalism down their throats does.

On 5/19/2017 at 2:09 PM, Hunter259 said:

CC status

What is this? Can somebody fill me in where Google could not?

-KuJoe

Ohh FFS Wargaming. I just got done unlocking the IS and now I have to face that monstrosity of a premium tank? Now I cant feast on the tears of Tier 8 heavies in my T-34-85 :( 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

40 minutes ago, KuJoe said:

What is this? Can somebody fill me in where Google could not?

Community contributor. Basically you're allowed to act as a press member for Wargaming, they give you vehicles, a press account and other goodies meant to promote the game through your media channel. The problem is that Wargaming is owned by Russians, which means they get a little censor-happy whenever a CC critiques their game.

1 hour ago, Dogeystyle said:

Community contributor. Basically you're allowed to act as a press member for Wargaming, they give you vehicles, a press account and other goodies meant to promote the game through your media channel. The problem is that Wargaming is owned by Russians, which means they get a little censor-happy whenever a CC critiques their game.

They are freely aloud to critique their game, but as a CC you represent them publicly. And when you go on profanity laden rants they have every right to distance themselves from you. As far as the whole DMCA thing the guy who said that is at the bottom of the food chain, and likely stepped out of line from company policy. WG will likely get out an official response next week on the matter.

The teams that run the NA region for all three games are pretty legit, and I have personally met a few of them and they wouldn't stand for anything like this kind of shit. EU has it's issues, and a big one is communication due too the wide range of langues, and some other events over the past year I won't get into. The company as a whole has done an about face with community relations in recent years, and i doubt the higher ups would even try to pull shit like this. Let everything come out before everyone starts rioting.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

Here is a post from the NA associate producer Q.

Hi folks,

I'm closing this topic before it gets too out of hand. The EU community team has a post explaining the issue. I don't have all the facts at the moment so I don't want to say something untrue and some of this may not apply to this situation. 

I work with the NA contributors directly and our policy here is not to remove content we as a Company may disagree with. We want contributors to express their honest opinions in a constructive way. That said, Contributors that we work with directly are held to a higher code of conduct and standards since what they express is often promoted by Wargaming. They are free to disagree with us as long as it's constructive and not just raw anger.

We don't want to silence opinions about the game, in fact we value your input greatly. I'll leave this thread visible so people can take a look for themselves but this is what I'm just closing this topic. Please do not create more threads on this issue.

Link

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

I'm acctually very relieved by this whole s**tstorm. It just shows that apples don't fall far from the tree and it implies to the countries too (in Finnish Belarus is called Valko-Venäjä which litterally turns into White-Russia). Anyone else remembers what Gaijin used to do to the YouTube videos that said War Thunder was bad and Wargaming went and marketed that they would never do something like that? Well what Russians first that Belarussians later, apparently.

The video SirFoch made was bad, but throwing the DMCA claim card without right reasons is even worse. Removing the community contributor status was right choice from Wargaming (and as far as I know SirFoch never even asked for it in the first place) and asking about removing the video politely would have been a good choice, but going full Gaijin and throwing "take it down or we take it and your whole channel down with copyright claim" was the worst choice. Even if it was a spurt of a very emotional moment from a single Wargaming employee, it's still bad because that employee is basicly part of the customer service who should extremely well know what are the quidelines of the company and how to react by them. Even when community lead came and said that "Wargaming would never do such a thing as push DMCA claim in this kind of situation", the fact that another community manager threathened one community contributor with it tells, that Wargaming doesn't have (at least clear enough) guidelines when they can threathen some content creator with DMCA claims. Also if Wargaming was ready to go and press the DMCA claim button, they would be ready to abuse the DMCA just like Sega and Gaijin have done in the past.

But we need to look at the bright side. At least now I can test my Vive with War Thunder because Gaijin isn't that much worse than Wargaming at the community management :D

Maybe he should have used more up to date information since the post he was showing was the original post before it was corrected after and from what I'm currently watching, the email that Jim Sterling received was from Wargaming NA and not Wargaming EU considering the fact that Wargaming NA seemed to have filled their fire extinguishers with high octane aviation fuel with with they've posted to kotaku (although I can't find the actual link).

Originally this was the response from the Mighty Jingles before all this happened

Then we have Quickybaby who had to comment about false accusations about his review of the tank in question

And after this shitstorm with wargaming NA, The Mighty Jingles is the second person (the first was pointyhairedjedi) to leave the wargaming EU community contributor program because he felt that even though he was a wargaming EU community contributor it wouldn't protect him for wargaming as a global entity.

So are wargaming NA really legit for all three games @shermantanker