NASA Soon to Destroy a 3.26$ Billion Space Probe in Order to Save Possible Alien World

1 hour ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

[Citation Needed] xD

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They should just use the remaining fuel to leave orbit and fly into outer space, instead of crashing it.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

11 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

They should just use the remaining fuel to leave orbit and fly into outer space, instead of crashing it.

Probably not possible, the gravity well from a planet the size of saturn is massive thus the fore required to leave orbit is also quite large (depending on distance of course but given it was between the planet and its rings it is fairly close relatively speaking of course)

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

3 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Probably not possible, the gravity well from a planet the size of saturn is massive thus the fore required to leave orbit is also quite large (depending on distance of course but given it was between the planet and its rings it is fairly close relatively speaking of course)

Well they can land it on one of Saturn's moon with the remaining fuel.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

13 minutes ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Theory isn't proof mate, srry

And I could say exactly the same thing to you....

Put it this way, its faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar more likely that there is intelligent life in the universe than not and to think we are the only ones is just arrogance on our part.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

5 hours ago, kelvinhall05 said:

NASA isn't stupid, there is DEFINITIALLY life out there that isn't human. If you think there is no aliens, you are a selfish idiot.

That is DEFINITELY not how you spell definitely.

I don't think aliens exist. :P 

3600X @ stocke | 5600XT TUF OC @ 1850 | 2x16 + 2x8 RAM 3200 HD | 1tb Samsung 970 EVO Plus | Lian Li 205M | TT Toughpower Grand RGB 850 | throwaway b450 asus mobo | BQ cooler

4 hours ago, ivan134 said:

I wonder what god they worship there.

The god of fish. And when NASA launched the Voyager spacecraft with the Golden Record on it, the fish god intercepted it and saw its images of fish being skewered and barbecued by humans, and the fish god now is preparing the fish people of Enceladus for a holy space-war to free our planet's fish from sacrilege.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

Well they can land it on one of Saturn's moon with the remaining fuel.

bpc_cassini_p28858_vignette.jpg.4d34a35e81a2e561258a904830385ae6.jpg

If it was equipped with any sort of landing gear, that might have been a possibility.  Landing it apparently never was part of the plan. 

6 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

Titan Xps

Dell Titan XPS :D

hello!

is it me you're looking for?

ᴾC SᴾeCS ᴰoWᴺ ᴮEᴸoW

Spoiler

Desktop: X99-PC

CPU: i7 5820k

Mobo: X99 Deluxe

Cooler: Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB DDR4
GPU: GTX 1080

Storage: 1TB 850 Evo, 1TB HDD, bunch of external hard drives
PSU: EVGA G2 750w

Peripherals: Logitech G502, Ducky One 711

Audio: Xonar U7, O2 amplifier (RIP), HD6XX

Monitors: 4k 24" Dell monitor, 1080p 24" Asus monitor

Laptop:

-Overkill Dell XPS

Fully maxed out early 2017 Dell XPS 15, GTX 1050 4GB, 7700HQ, 1TB nvme SSD, 32GB RAM, 4k display. 97Whr battery :x 
Dell was having a $600 off sale for the fully specced out model, so I decided to get it :P

-Crapbook

Fully specced out early 2013 Macbook "pro" with gt 650m and constant 105c temperature on the CPU (GPU is 80-90C) when doing anything intensive...

A 2013 laptop with a regular sized battery still has better battery life than a 2017 laptop with a massive battery! I think this is a testament to apple's ability at making laptops, or maybe how little CPU technology has improved even 4+ years later (at least, until the recent introduction of 15W 4 core CPUs). Anyway, I'm never going to get a 35W CPU laptop again unless battery technology becomes ~5x better than as it is in 2018.

Apple knows how to make proper consumer-grade laptops (they don't know how to make pro laptops though). I guess this mostly software power efficiency related, but getting a mac makes perfect sense if you want a portable/powerful laptop that can do anything you want it to with great battery life.

2 hours ago, Crossbred said:

That is DEFINITELY not how you spell definitely.

I don't think aliens exist. :P 

In the traditional way we think of aliens, it's highly unlikely they exist. However intelligent life existing on more than one of the untold billions of plants in the universe? There is a pretty high probability of that. Actual intelligent alien life will likely look like something we could never even imagine. All of our visions of alien life are shaped by our own world and our own understanding, but life on Earth evolved in it's own way. Evolution on other words would likely have been radically different, creating alien life that is not remotely humanoid. It's possible there is other life out there that could be called humanoid, though I personally feel that it's unlikely unless another planet formed with the exact same conditions and development as our own.

Of course there IS some kind of alien life out there. I am not talking about our solar system it can be anywhere. I am sure that somewhere there is as intelligent form of life as we are ourselves. Maybe even more intelligent then us. But to say that we are alone is stupid. It would be waste of space to create world so big for just one planet earth.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

10 hours ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Theory isn't proof mate, srry

You should know that there is no such thing as "proof" in science. A theory is as close as you can get to reality.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

15 hours ago, Maybach123 said:

I dont think we will find intelligent life in our solar system, but there is probably bacteria or something similar. 

There is more likelihood of finding intelligent life on Saturn's moon than on Earth. I have been searching for a long time and still haven't found any here.

15 hours ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

How big of a damage can a probe bring (assuming it's relatively small compared to the size of that moon) , is it a bit of an over exaggerated move?

Biological contamination is a major concern with interplanetary exploration. If there is life on there, traces of organisms on the probe could potentially thrive there and could potentially be lethal to that life. Although the chances are pretty low, the small risk is too great to ignore. NASA routinely crashes probes to mitigate this risk.

Amazed that such old tech can do all that and send data from such far away.

When I die I would love to be reborn something like 10 years before we truly discover alien life. Just so I can experience how it feels to realize and get confirmation about alien life. 

With improving technology we could achieve that by 2050 easily !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

5 hours ago, Nicnac said:

You should know that there is no such thing as "proof" in science. A theory is as close as you can get to reality.

So now you're undermining science, why? The're plenty of objective / truthy things in science and our reality.

Saying "aliens exist", isn't

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

1 minute ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

So now you're undermining science, why? The're plenty of objective / truthy things in science and our reality.

Saying "aliens exist", isn't

Neither is saying they don't

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

1 minute ago, Nicnac said:

Neither is saying they don't

Well, the user I was quoting earlier quite literally said aliens exist. When he cited a theory, which isn't proof?

"Ryzen is doing really well in 1440p and 4K gaming when the applications are more graphics bound" - Dr. Lisa Su, 2017

1 minute ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Well, the user I was quoting earlier quite literally said aliens exist. When he cited a theory, which isn't proof?

What he cited wasn't a scientific theory. http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html There is quite a difference between a scientific theory and the colloquial use of the word "theory".

You're right about that it doesn't proof anything about aliens though.

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

I remember reading somewhere about, even though they have found possible alien life. The rule was not to use Earth made machines to go and check it out, in order avoid contamination.

Well then, what is the point of trying to find alien life, when Earth made machine can't grab a sample to get a closer at it. 

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

46 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

What he cited wasn't a scientific theory. http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html There is quite a difference between a scientific theory and the colloquial use of the word "theory".

You're right about that it doesn't proof anything about aliens though.

Lol bro, he cited this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Which is 

The Drake equation is a probabilistic argument used to arrive at an estimate of the number of active, communicative extraterrestrial civilizations in the Milky Way galaxy.

A probabilistic argument is a theory.

Scientific or not, is irrelevant

5 minutes ago, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

Lol bro, he cited this: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_equation

Which is 

A probabilistic argument is a theory 

Yet it isn't a scientific theory

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

2 minutes ago, Centurius said:

Yet it isn't a scientific theory

It doesn't matter if it's a scientific theory or a "regular theory", it's still a theory and that isn't proof.

Just now, MakeAMDGreatAgain said:

It doesn't matter if it's a scientific theory or not, it's still a theory and that isn't proof.

The user you quoted didn't say it was, they acknowledged the Drake equation isn't proof. What they argued was that a scientific theory can in fact be as good as physical proof.

My Build:

Spoiler

CPU: i7 4770k GPU: GTX 780 Direct CUII Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Hero SSD: 840 EVO 250GB HDD: 2xSeagate 2 TB PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 650W

It's time we stopped using robots and started the first steps at getting manned flight back, sure we can utilize drones and such, but having boots on ground is always going to be superior where possible. 

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.