Eve V: The First-Ever Crowd Developed Computer (Surface Like PC)

Mihle

The Finnish Company Eve Tech, just launched the pre-order for their new hybrid computer, The Eve V on Indiegogo Monday the 21.

hero2.jpg  

The Eve V is an hybrid computer, just like the Microsoft Surface.

Eve V was designed in a collaboration between the company and over 1000 people online.
Their goal with the Eve V was to make it the best portable computer ever for a great price.

The 500 computers that was up for pre-order is already sold.
They partially and temporarily broke the Indiegogo payments engine:

Spoiler

We broke European funding record.

When we started the campaign we received so many orders this campaign actually partially and temporarily broke the Indiegogo payments engine. What a way to break a record! We are still investigating with the very helpful folks of Indiegogo what happened!

For the record (at a risk of sounding like a broken record, pun intended), the record we broke was "fastest european campaign to reach 100K". Perhaps we could have even been the world's fastest if it was not for the troubles with the payment system ;)

-Eve Tech on Indiegogo

One thing that makes their keyboard different from like the Surface keyboard, is that it also works wirelessly.
The power button is also a fingerprint reader.
It also has Quad speakers, that they say are great.
And yes, it has a pen.

Eve V Specs:
eby30hxmehsddnidpqcf.jpg

How it compares to other computers like Microsoft Surface, Apple MacBook and Dell CPS 13:

Spoiler

pgcjf1dnbpr8xzdcxysj.jpgbtprivev1ulf1sqi2jrc.jpg

And how have they managed to make a product like that for that price? These Companies:

jsji5ij9ffwmn0xii7f4.pngesgaui00qgnjwbbc68im.png

Intel and Microsoft have invested in the company, and helped to make the product better.
"Tekes is a Finnish governmental innovation fund focused on companies with disruptive ideas" -Indiegogo
Mozo is developing the accessories like the keyboard together with the company.

When writing this, their Indiegogo is at:

$702,804 USD raised by 1084 backers

937% of $75,000 

Sources:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/eve-v-the-first-ever-crowd-developed-computer-laptop-tablet#/

http://eve-tech.com

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/eve-tech-hybrid-pc-indiegogo,33065.html

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Personally, I think it looks like an amazing product, especially for the price.

I would buy it as fast as possible if I had the money for it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 

-Stephen Hawking

2 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

eby30hxmehsddnidpqcf.jpg

saw Thunderbolt 3 and no D-GPU, E-GPU INTENSEFIES

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

saw Thunderbolt 3 and no D-GPU, E-GPU INTENSEFIES

I am guessing it will support External GPU, like why shouldn't it?

-Stephen Hawking

That resolution though. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

That resolution though. 

like razers "3k" 

RyzenAir : AMD R5 3600 | AsRock AB350M Pro4 | 32gb Aegis DDR4 3000 | GTX 1070 FE | Fractal Design Node 804
RyzenITX : Ryzen 7 1700 | GA-AB350N-Gaming WIFI | 16gb DDR4 2666 | GTX 1060 | Cougar QBX 

PSU Tier list

The specs seem promising at that price.  Design looks good.  It's all up to manufacturing to pull it off now!  If they don't sell enough units, economies of scale might not kick in and price could go way up?

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Surface-12-3-Inch-Tablet-Keyboard/dp/B01NBAVEML/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1479832742&sr=1-1

Anyone in the UK eyeing up the eve V probably shouldn't bother if it's the m3 model they're after :P (p.s. it would be $600 once we take off taxes and converted to dollars)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

6 minutes ago, CostcoSamples said:

The specs seem promising at that price.  Design looks good.  It's all up to manufacturing to pull it off now!  If they don't sell enough units, economies of scale might not kick in and price could go way up?

Maybe, but they do have funding from Intel, and the processors is subsidized, so maybe not that bad?

And they have already sold the 500 products that you could pre-order. 

-Stephen Hawking

Looks good with even more useful ports than the new MacBook Pro :)

But it also runs W10 so that's an instant no-no.

Ye ole' train

11 minutes ago, lots of unexplainable lag said:

Looks good with even more useful ports than the new MacBook Pro :)

But it also runs W10 so that's an instant no-no.

Different people like different things :D

-Stephen Hawking

1 hour ago, Mihle Gaming said:

I am guessing it will support External GPU, like why shouldn't it?

probably will, but my idea of a E-GPU is just a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe 16x slot cable, a big as all hell GPU and a 300W PSU :P so basically bulky as all hell lol

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

Saw this the other day, and it's pretty exciting. I'm curious to see how a 15W i7 compares to a 4.5W i7 in normal usage.

Also, what's the aspect ratio?

11 minutes ago, potoooooooo said:

Saw this the other day, and it's pretty exciting. I'm curious to see how a 15W i7 compares to a 4.5W i7 in normal usage.

Also, what's the aspect ratio?

3:2 like the Surface.

amazing set but W10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Are the Y procs really better than the Us? I've always thought they were worse.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

2 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

If I remember right, the Ys are little bit less powerful, but also uses a lot less power. on their site it says they guarantee 12 hour battery time, I dont think that is possible with an U processor and that form factor.

-Stephen Hawking

Looks like something I might actually be willing to invest in ... I never invest in kick starter stuff.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

2 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Depends on what definition of better. The Y series has much lower TDP. They highlight it as better because many of the other models are Skylake whereas theirs is Kaby Lake. The Dell also has Kaby Lake but apparently its boost frequency is 100 MHz lower. Probably because the Dell has a lower i7 tier. Obviously the Y processor will be slower because it'll either power or thermal throttle way before the U will. So it's a bit misleading. There are in fact a few misleading things listed in their comparison sheet.

9 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

amazing set but W10 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Seems appropriate for a tablet, although I don't have enough experience with 8.1 to know which is best.

I mean, after all, one of the things I like less about 8 and 10 is that they treat our full-sized PCs as if they were one of these - but for these it should be OK :P 

Well its "meh". I dont see anything of epic in this at all, what is it the ports, slightly larger battery and then its pretty much a Surface Pro 400$ cheaper? Mind you, its 1 port of each interface, so wheres the wow in this?

Groomlake Authority

10 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

Looks like something I might actually be willing to invest in ... I never invest in kick starter stuff.

Those that  pre-ordered get their product in February (or when it was) might say something about where in the process they are. (That they most likely just have to be produced.)

-Stephen Hawking

4 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Well its "meh". I dont see anything of epic in this at all, what is it the ports, slightly larger battery and then its pretty much a Surface Pro 400$ cheaper? Mind you, its 1 port of each interface, so wheres the wow in this?

For me it is way cheaper than the Surface. :) 

4 minutes ago, Mihle Gaming said:

That those that are ordered get their product in February or when it was days something about where in the process they are. And that is that they most likely just have to be produced.

What? your grammar needs adjusting for me to understand what you just said ... O.o

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

6 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

For me it is way cheaper than the Surface. :) 

What? your grammar needs adjusting for me to understand what you just said ... O.o

Dam it autocorrect changed words... Better now?

-Stephen Hawking

Goes to show how full of crap some companies are when they ask 1400$ for similar hardware.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*