NVIDIAS LATEST DRIVERS KILLING GPUS AND BRICKING THEM / BLOWING UP PUTERS

El Diablo

this is the second time this year nVidiot drivers have bricked gpu,s and caused gpu dies to fry rendering the graphics card unusable

anyway this artikle is from wccftech.com and made by Khalid Moammer   http://wccftech.com/nvidias-latest-game-ready-driver-allegedly-killing-gpus-plagued-issues/

Nvidia GeForce users beware, the latest 364.72 Game Ready drivers may damage your PC and/or windows installation, driver plagued with issues. Reports of issues from many disgruntled Nvidia users on the GeForce forums as well as on reddit & various other forums have been pouring in for the past couple of days after Nvidia released its Game Ready 364.72 driver.

GameReady

If you have an Nvidia graphics cards we’d recommend waiting this one out. As reports have been pouring in on Nvidia’s official GeForce forum and reddit from users who report running into all sorts of issues after installing the 364.72 Game Ready driver. Ranging from their systems failing to boot to crashes, blue screen crashes, gray & green screen artifacting, flickering, visual corruption, freezing, G-Sync issues, DSR scaling issues and there’s even reports of GeForce GTX graphics cards dying after driver installation.

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 7

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 6

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 5

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 4

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 3

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 2

Nvidia Driver Issues Report 1Nvidia users on the GeForce forum reporting various issues after installing the 364.72 Game Ready driver.

Nvidia Users Beware, Latest Game Ready Driver May Harm Your PC – Stick To Your Last Stable Driver For Now

One Nvidia GeForce user reports on the Nvidia subreddit :

[PSA] WARNING: AVOID 364.72 (march 28) LIKE THE PLAGUE – it’s bricking cards left and right – and rollbacks are not working.

I’m not being hyperbolic here – there are hundreds of posts on reddit and the nvidia forums of people saying the latest driver update is bricking hardware. i’ve now seen multiple pics of people’s screens after the update, and it looks just like what happened to me.

I am NOT a hater on nvidia – i’ve got a shield and I literally use it every day – gamestreaming is almost the only way i consume gaming content now, but right now nvidia has seriously shit the bed on this one.

Hold out for the next driver.

EDIT: YES, MOST USERS WILL PROBABLY NOT HAVE PROBLEMS. It wouldn’t have gotten out of beta if it was a majority issue right? but do you want to risk your system being in that 1%?

Drivers should not brick hardware – at the worst, a rollback should resolve things. if this is happening to any number of systems, something is wrong.

EDIT 2: It looks like the entire 364* series of drivers is borked. I would just stay away from all of them. Also, RIP inbox :(

It seems Nvidia has been facing some challenges getting Game Ready drivers out on time issue free as of late. Unfortunately this is the second time that a WHQL certified Game Ready driver has caused heartache for gamers in the past month. In fact so many users report running into the exact same issues that had afflicted the last game ready driver a little over three weeks ago.

If you’ve already downloaded and installed the drivers and you’re having issues you could try using driver removal tools such as Display Driver Uninstaller and uninstalling the driver in Safe Mode. If you haven’t installed the the 364.72 driver it’s recommended that you stay on the last stable version you have installed until most of the more issues are resolved.

ManuelGuzman
Today we released NVIDIA GeForce Game Ready WHQL display driver version 364.72.This Game Ready driver brings full support for the Oculus Rift virtual reality headset, optimizations and enhancements for virtual reality games such as EVE: Valkyrie, Chronos, and Elite Dangerous, and the latest support for NVIDIA VRWorks. Make sure your PC is GeForce GTX VR Ready before stepping into the Rift! The new driver also brings the latest support and enhancements for the upcoming HTC Vive headset. Learn more:

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/game-ready-drivers-for-virtual-reality-dark-souls-iii-and-more-released

You can download the new GeForce Game Ready 364.47 display driver through GeForce Experience or from the GeForce.com Drivers page.

Providing Feedback:
Please feel free to leave feedback for any driver related issues specific to this driver. By providing your information here, you may also help others who may be experiencing the same issue you are. The more information we receive from you and others, the easier it will be for us to reproduce this issue in our labs and provide a fix through a future driver. Alternately, you may provide this same information through our NVIDIA Display Driver Feedback Form below:

http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

Please provide the following information as best you can:

1) Graphics card/GPU make and model:
2) Is this a driver regression? If yes, what was the last driver version which did not have this driver bug?
3) Operating System (Please indicate if you are on the Windows 10 Insider Program):
4) Is your graphics card manually overclocked/factory overclocked? If your graphics card is factory overclocked or manually overclocked, we recommend that you lower the clock speeds of your graphics card to NVIDIA reference clock speeds by using the NVIDIA Debug Mode as shown in the screenshot below:

5) If your issue is specific to a game or application, please provide the title and if possible version of the software
6) Describe the display driver issue you are encountering and if possible include step by step instructions on how to reproduce this bug. Please use the knowledge base article “How to provide valuable feedback to NVIDIA” as a guide to help you include information that will help us root cause the problem.

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3141

7) Software/driver issues can sometimes be specific to a users system configuration. Please provide your system information so that we may attempt to match it as closely as possible.

CPU make and model:
Amount of system memory:
Motherboard make and model (if OEM system, please provide your PC make and model instead):
Motherboard BIOS version:
Monitor(s) make and model:
Sound card make and model:

8) If your system meets the driver requirements however the installation process fails or gives you an error message, please reinstall the driver with logging enabled so that we may investigate the cause for this issue. Instruction available from the URL below:

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3171

LOUD NOISES

Good info though. Nvidia's been on a bit of a "roll" lately... hope they get their shit together for Pascal.

PS: Inb4flamewar

Just now, Sakkura said:

LOUD NOISES

Good info though. Nvidia's been on a bit of a "roll" lately... hope they get their shit together for Pascal.

PS: Inb4flamewar

Yea i hope so too

im a fan of what AMD does, but i have a passion for tech in general and am a gamer, so i don't wish bad on anyone realy

nVidia been slacking big time recently

1 minute ago, patrickjp93 said:

This was an april fools prank orchestrated by Fudzilla. None of these posts is real.

I though it would be obvious, but I guess not.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

April fools in March?

Time zones are a thing. Also, 300 POST HYPE.

The biggest  BURNOUT  fanboy on this forum.

And probably the world.

2 minutes ago, yorkiesandskittles said:

Time zones are a thing. Also, 300 POST HYPE.

Yeah it was March in Europe and March in the US. And even before March 31 in several cases.

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

What is a puter?

It's what "80s kids" call a computer.

And probably the world.

I think NVidia is taking their planned obsolescence a little too far now /s.

I've read similar personal experiences on a Danish site, so this does not seem to be some weird urban legend thing. NVidia has really made some shitty drivers lately. Isn't this the third time in a year, a driver has bricked cards?

Watching Intel have competition is like watching a headless chicken trying to get out of a mine field

CPU: Intel I7 4790K@4.6 with NZXT X31 AIO; MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Z97 Maximus VII Ranger; RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 DDR3; GFX: ASUS R9 290 4GB; CASE: Lian Li v700wx; STORAGE: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD; Samsung 850 500GB SSD; Various old Seagates; PSU: Corsair RM650; MONITOR: 2x 20" Dell IPS; KEYBOARD/MOUSE: Logitech K810/ MX Master; OS: Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Nacho Marco Segui said:

What is a puter?

cumputer

2 minutes ago, Sakkura said:

Yeah it was March in Europe and March in the US. And even before March 31 in several cases.

Oh yeah. Just noticed the posts from March 28th.

And probably the world.

Yeah this is a thing

feel bad for them people

do u think nvidia will try to give them new cards for free

the same thing happend to me once from an update from microsoft, it fried my motherboard dvd drive and gpu,, they wanted me to pay for it so i had to get government authorities involved, took 6 months but they fixed it for free

18 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I posted something about this a few days ago but it got deleted

i'm using an nvidia GPU and i always use the latest graphics drivers and it always work like a charm...i,m using a single card and a single monitor and everything has been flawless since...forever honestly.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Have been using this driver since its release, and have not had a problem with my GTX 770. While I won't discount the fact that it could be real, It just seems odd that so few people are having this issue. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

I just updated them and had no problems with my 980 Ti

CPU: Intel 5930K - GPU: EVGA Nvidia GTX 980Ti SSCMotherboard: Asus X-99 PRO/USB 3.1 - RAM: 32GB HyperX Savage @ 2800mhz CL14  Case: Phtanteks Eclipse P400 Tempered Glass - Cooling: Corsair H100i V2 / Fractal Design Venturi Fans Storage: PNY XLR8 120 GB SSD (OS) + Seagate 2TB HDD (Games)

what specs do u guys have

everyone post your specs, and anyone who got issues post yours too,, 

maby u guys are lucky enough to have a spec that nVidia test themselfs inhouse

Just now, MageTank said:

Have been using this driver since its release, and have not had a problem with my GTX 770. While I won't discount the fact that it could be real, It just seems odd that so few people are having this issue. 

it's an april fool joke that spiraled out. That poor OP is spending all days hating on nvidia around here...for no good reasons.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

Running these drivers with a 980. Totally fine so far.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

it's an april fool joke that spiraled out. That poor OP is spending all days hating on nvidia around here...for no good reasons.

Was gonna say. My brothers and my father all have nvidia GPU's, ranging as far back as G92 (9800 GT) to Fermi, to Maxwell, with me having Kepler. All of us are using this latest driver (Geforce experience automatically downloads them) and have not had any issues with it. I manually downloaded mine, as I wanted to see if it helped with The Division, but aside from no real performance improvement on my end, I have not had any negative side effects from updating.

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

It's not the first time I've seen his sensationalist propaganda around here. The same bs over and over.

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM