Monitor Painting Guide

Great video! I would love to paint my monitor, but you know how laziness is...

Spoiler

LTT's Fastest single core CineBench 11.5/15 score on air with i7-4790K on air

Main Rig

CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.3GHz 1.18v, Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S, Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Mark 2, RAM: 16 GB G.Skill Sniper Series @ 1866MHz, GPU: EVGA 980Ti Classified @ 1507/1977MHz , Storage: 500GB 850 EVO, WD Cavier Black/Blue 1TB+1TB,  Power Supply: Corsair HX 750W, Case: Fractal Design r4 Black Pearl w/ Window, OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

Plex Server WIP

CPU: i5-3570K, Cooler: Stock, Motherboard: ASrock, Ram: 16GB, GPU: Intel igpu, Storage: 120GB Kingston SSD, 6TB WD Red, Powersupply: Corsair TX 750W, Case: Corsair Carbide Spec-01 OS: Windows 10

Lenovo Legion Laptop

CPU: i7-7700HQ, RAM: 8GB, GPU: 1050Ti 4GB, Storage: 500GB Crucial MX500, OS: Windows 10

I can already imagine Linus screwing it up haha

System: Thinkpad T460

Great video! I would love to paint my monitor, but you know how laziness is...

Yep. Just lazy

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

I can already imagine Linus screwing it up haha

Yep

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Noice. Never thought of custom painting a monitor. 

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

No need for me to paint my monitors or tvs because I love black and it is not hard to find.

Ohh fancy, too bad I don't have much need to paint my monitors. (Though turning the glossy bezel into a matte bezel would be a nice idea.)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

that looks ugly as balls

gotta get dat slik blak

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Funny i just did a paint job of some PC parts on my own about the same time. Needless to say i messed some up aswell :P

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387743-corsair-230t-orange-budget-overhaul/

Almost same color aswell hehe
Cool video though, and when it comes to us liking because we want to see another video, i'd watch you solder 2 ants together and still think it would be great ;D

Linus should totally do with the 34UM95. It would look just as bad ass and match this monitor mod nicely. Yes please do make the 10 GB LAN video too!

Codename: Project Stealth. See profile for specs.

It felt a little strange that you displayed and highlighted (specifically showing the companys logo) the painting products you used but did not disclaim a sponsorship..
Not assuming anything here.. I just wanted to mention that it felt weird to me.

Great video and it looks badass!

That LG dismantle site link would be awesome 

@LinusTech @Mod 

What up with this?,I expected better of LG 

58774822c8a2544b35e9fc426d8cd338.png

The video I linked was when the cameraman was shooting the Laptop (shooting xD) hence the guide.

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

kinda looks like the editor missed a trick with the green screen  :huh:

Linus. Linus, Linus, Linus. You have no idea how freaking cool it would be if you stenciled "linustechtips" on the front in Plasti-Dip. Please, for the sake of all your viewers, do this and show us all.

Attached are two mock-ups of possible designs that would be cool, that I made using my expert photo editing skills (AKA Microsoft Word)

Doc1.pdf

I am disapointed. I was expecting Linus to put the monitor ouside.

Anyway.. red monitor.. bleeeeh!! :D

Only mod I would do to black plastic monitor would be if the finish was glossy I would make it matte.

looks very nice i must say, would like to see something like this again, like said in the youtube comments, the LTT logo would be nice, if it looks good there.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.