Video games age ratings to high.

ADZ_123_!"£

Option 3: I don't care about ratings.

Children can play games like CoD and GTA IMO, if their parents know they will not go ape shit.

I played GTA when I was a kid and I was allowed to play it, if I was just acting normal.

That makes at least me think these age ratings do not apply to everyone

I think it's the parent's responsibility to look at the games and think "is my child mature enough for this and do I want them to see the content in the game."

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

I don't get it because with movies violence will only get you a 12 rating

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I think it's the parent's responsibility to look at the games and think "is my child mature enough for this and do I want them to see the content in the game."

Personally I can think it's the responsibility of the children and parents together.

You must be a serial killer now ? dont ya ?! :S

Actually, yeah. I kill time now...... by being on the forum 24/7

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Actually, yeah. I kill time now...... by being on the forum 24/7

+1

The Y.E.T.I. is in progress?Whaaat? (modding aproach&build log)->http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/355618-project-yeti-first-build/

[READ THE COC BEFORE POSTING][Check twice cut once][NZXT rules:D][Dremel is Love Dremel is Life][COOKIES ARE GREAT][LOGIC]

A parent is not going to buy a game and play through it before buying their child a game, much less spend the time watching reviews and reading up on it. They rely on ratings.

I don't want to sound like a complete ignorant idiot but it's a war game and in war there will be casualty's and actually the in the multiplayer it's not like there are a load of defenceless civilians running around the map as well.  

And in real life, there will be casualties from people with mental issues and those who just aren't quite right. Not everyone only plays the goddamn multiplayer. It's in the game, so it gets that rating. Period. Full stop.

I'm full fore the age ratings. Problem with them is that they don't have right effect on parents. And I think TV/Movies are part to blame there. There are so many movies with 16+ rating that should be 18+. Or some that should be 12+ instead (these can be bit off, localization). So to parents they don't mean that much anymore. Good thing is that some bigger chains like Gamestop have started to remind parents when they are buying games with higher ratings. Like latest CoDs and GTA.

Not like when I was kid, some 15 years ago. I was about 11yo when we got GTA (first one). My brother was 8... From that to HL and CS1.6 before neither was even 15. I asked about that from my mom. She just said we got the games we wanted. Parents didn't care if it was Worms 2, Need For Speed 2, NHL97 or GTA. That didn't have much of effect on us. The online games had some, with us being teens. You know, angry when losing.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The rating is a guideline, it says that the content is directed at someone younger or more mature. If the the rating is correct most of the time I don't really know.

They're fine as is toddler, child, teen, adult etc is just fine. If people actually read and obeyed them I don't know what effect that would have.

Just because they're blood in it doesn't mean it's rated M. I mean, if you fall over and bleed, will people stop you from looking? NO! SO, gore doesn't matter. Weapons; I mean, school shooting have been on the rise, so I get where they're coming from. But, usually those people are phsyco, so video games shouldn't be blamed. So, they are too high.

I have no issue with the rating system in place, didn't have one when I was under the age of 18 either. I think here in the states the ESRB does a fine job, couldn't imagine what the rating system would be if the ESRB didn't do it and the government was in charge of it.

Am I the only one around here who really doesn't like pcpartpicker?
I also like Ubisoft and Origin/EA          
Guess I'm just odd that way.

HATER OF MAIL IN REBATES!

I don't believe in the whole video game make you violent thing. Played gta 5 for a year and if anything i have become less violent from my parents due to the fact i have somewhere to put my anger.

you have become less violent from your parents? Did you mean to say "to my parents"? Also, you describe yourself and are aware of your violent tendencies?

Ratings are basically meaningless and they always have been. Only parents who hate their kids will not let them have a game because of the rating.

Depends on the game - games can be M just for swearing and nothing else.

For example, AC games have always been M, but it's mainly for blood - but many games have blood and get T ratings. It's because of the realistic portrayal.

Arkham Knight is rated M, which means it will (probably) have some blood and more intense scenes, but not much swearing. More general 'darkness' than gore or nudity or anything like that.

In the netherlands, the ratings are generally lower than other countries.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

I think they're too high. I play GTA and I'm 14, and I understand everything sexual, swearing etc.

By about 12 you learn what's right and wrong sex, language and violence wise anyways.

sex wise i dont really think so.....

askdjfasdf

I think the sex in GTA V is the only bad thing in GTA V that people under at least 16 shouldn't be seeing.

I gotta echo what George Carlin said, that I'd rather have my 10 year old watch two people have sex rather than have him see two people kill each other.

its funny how so many people are saying games such as BF4 should be rated T. The player is killing people, not suitable IMO for pre-teens or even some immature teens to be playing. Subject matter is huge, I know its a video game but to younger players who might not understand the seriousness of some of these things, not so good. Its rated mature because the subject matter is for mature persons, not immature ones.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

The age requirements really are not enforced, a parent and illegitimate information (DoB) can easily bypass any age restriction, it's just up to the parent to allow it or not. 

I believe that they are just guidelines, and it's up to the parents to enforce it. Though in relation to kids playing gory games, or just any form of violence, I'm not concerned about it, unless it's mentally scaring... 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

To honest there is two kinds of mature content.

*I want to sound mature but im not so i will swear, crime, etc because i can and as much possible...which admittedly is the attitude of some gta players.

*I want to tell a mature sensible story with relevant violence and other adult issues.(Batman Arkham for example)

Rating systems find it hard to compensate for this fact.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

for Call of daycare yes please. Sqeekers make me cry

LOL THIS HAS ME DEAD

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

you have become less violent from your parents? Did you mean to say "to my parents"? Also, you describe yourself and are aware of your violent tendencies?

Yes to my parents look at my sig. And ik how I have become less violent they just mentioned it the other day.

agreed to a certain degree

rlly dont think that the same kids that play CoD should be the same kids that play GTA, Saints Row, etc... theyre 2 different types of mature content

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Age ratings mainly exist to protect the seller and so that parents cannot absolve themselves of the responsibility of paying attention to their children, but yes, some of the ratings are too high when looking at how cartoony the violence actually is. There have been no conclusive results in the scientific community showing a causal link between higher rated video game violence with increased real world violence or decreased morality:

Christopher Ferguson PhD:

http://www.economist.com/node/4246109

Lawrence Kutner PhD, Cherry Olson ScD, and others: http://www.grandtheftchildhood.com/GTC/Research_Papers_files/GTC%20Ch3%20manuscript.pdf

That's not to say that all subjects are appropriate for all kids. Some need more development and guidance to properly absorb and understand real world concepts.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Frankly everything is fine, the ratings are just that they aren't actual laws but rather guide lines. The whole video games causes violence is bs. The parent's should be responsible and think when it is appropriate for their child to play certain games. If a parent does not think their child is mature enough to draw the line between reality and not reality then that child should not play games that can cause issues.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization