Experiences with non-techies

I've been using noscript since long time ago, yeah I like noscript.

I stick to Linux's repositories, I just don't trust others when using Linux don't know why :P

Beileve it or not, linux is a very vulnerble operating system.  The only thing however is that the updates block allot of exploitation, like remotely attacking a linux box through a vulnerbility or maybe a peice of software exploiting a vulnerbility and trying to drop a payload.   However, generally. The repositories are very good, and Windows is still more insecure than linux.  Simply because of the fact that Windows permission control (UAC) is vulnerble, esspecially on servers which have powershell enabled, and you can actually break through it and get permission to the file system.  

Linux is a very good operating system as long as you have no need for anything outside of its barriers.  Either way, Linux is 100% the future.  Its just a matter of time, as Microsoft is slowly failing.  

Hmm, I still don't agree with it.  But whatever works for you is the best.  Never listen to anyone, do whatever the hell you want to do and feel is right.  

I just hate avast as a company.  They were very mean to me while I worked for AVG.  They bullied me allot, and their antivirus is coded poorly.  Saying that, now AVG is even worse, I know the main developer for AVG. And nobody even listens to me anymore, its always money and more tuneup tools. So I gave up. They might as well because a crappy tuneup software company.   But instead exploit their reputable name and ruin lives of regular users by using bad registry cleaners.  

Yeah, pretty much don't listen to anyone and see for yourself. I get it if the company was bad to you, that sucks. People can have different experiences, but so far (more than a year or more) Avast doesn't really bug me with ads or anything some little pop-ups every so often, not much often though, just works without problems and it did catch some things when I did stupid shit. I do random Malwarebytes scans when I feel like it and it always comes with 0 viruses/malware, granted I know how to use internet securely but still. :)

My modded Air 540 build

Spoiler

know how you feel man. My computer science teacher is the same. Glad i am not gonna do CS at a-level. He misinforms his students and boasts that he apparently knows "20" programming languages. Anyway, i have corrected him on a few occasions. The most notable is when he said that an i7 has 7 cores. 

He then proceeds after to call me dumb and that he does "all the talking", even though i told him in a kind and respectful manner. That prick is in his 50s and needs to get fired (sorry to the 50 year olds out there) as an old man who is stuck up cant teach his students. He doesnt even teach us properly. He teaches us 5 programming languages in 2 months. He then doesnt help his students and leaves us to do the coursework. I got a C in computing because of this maniac. I got a D in coursework even though i spend 3 hours every day at home and at school doing research. He picks the hardest tasks for us to do. Thank God my next door neighbour (who is now a CS teacher and had my teacher in highschool) was around to help me get my 92% on the exam, otherwise i would have failed miserably.  He even says that my teacher is a stuck up brat and he used to get treated the same as me by this moron when he went to my school. 

What school was this? (I am from West-Midlands as well :lol: )

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

I am always changing tasks priority settings and nerfing stuff that isn't being needed.

Woah, hang on here... are you telling me you actually read at least 25 pages of this thread? How much time did you spend? xD

Should have contacted them right away. Dell sends technicians to your house to fix your computer. Typically next day. All Alienware computers give a one year warranty. 

Well like I said I wasnt tech savy, I just thought the battery was broken and didnt think much of it. Plus its Canada not the states so I would have to send my laptop to them

What school was this? (I am from West-Midlands as well :lol: )

Queen Mary's Grammar School (shockingly) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Those friggin' Beats headphones, man.

I know a girl who wanted new headphones and mentioned the Beats ones.

What's funny is that I suggested getting same headphones I have (Audio-Technica M40X), she got the same and there have been zero complaints about bad headphones since.

yeah

about from 1:00am-3:00am

And it was actually the last 45

it took me most of my summer holiday to read through them, about a year ago.

"beets are awesome [headphones]"

-kid at school

"beets are better than sennheiser (he miss spoke sennheiser)

-also a kid at school

Bro I would take beets anyday because they are pretty damn tasty when you know how to cook them.

Bro I would take beets anyday because they are pretty damn tasty when you know how to cook them.

interesting 

interesting 

Well he's right...

Cuz Beets

not

Beats

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide

Well he's right...

Cuz Beets

not

Beats

post-239070-0-90899100-1441464620.jpg

post-239070-0-90899100-1441464620.jpg

Christian 

Use the following style specs in your sig to spread the LTT revolution!

Rig Specs:

Screeninator: Gigabyte GeForce GTX960

Powermathingy: Corsair CX600W

Stickiminator: 2x G.Skill ARES 4GB DDR3-1866

Procrastinator: AMD FX-8350 @4.1GHz 1.3V

Holdametalicizor: DIYPC Gamemax-BK

Noisoundacreator: Cyber Acoustics CA-3072 (loudamagargle) Onn Wireless FM Radio Headset (earamagargle)

Attachamathingy: ASRock 990FX Extreme9

Remembrerthing: Western Digital 1TB Blue, Western Digital 40GB Blue

Flat-Colorful-Thing: Acer K272HL

See-A-Move-O: Logitech Hyperion Fury G402

ButtonBoard: Cooler Master CMSTORM Devastator Blue

Talkamagargle: Blue Snowball Ice

Well he's right...

Cuz Beets

not

Beats

ohhhhhhhh i am dumb 

I know that I had to take a look at my aunt's HP mini limited edition thing 110 or something (if was a free gift from StarHub internt when they had a promotion and thus the colour was predetermined) and I turned it on to find a lot of adware, ask toolbars and junk like that.

Then before that, I took a look at my girlfriend's Toshiba of some kind with even more adware and garbage which I also cleared. She now uses a dell xps 13 but I haven't gotten to looking at it since I've been busy

Worse still, I remember my cousin's "DGT" custom built PC years ago that not only had adware and garbage on it, but also a counterfeit windows XP pro, viruses and dust. I did later get hold of it when he upgraded to a HP dc5100 minitower and he now uses a ThinkPad X1 Carbon with a Singapore air force sticker on the lid...

As for that DGT PC, I did transfer it to a new case, then used it for a while for a variety of tasks, then the IDE controller on the board(a Biostar U8668 pro) died and I sold the board with processor and stock cooler to someone else, then the parts went various places and needless to say, it's long gone. It did have a Pentium 4 2GHz, 320 MB RAM (PC133), and a 40GB Maxtor hard drive.

my friend thought he could play minecraft if he had 16gb's of RAM and 2TB of hard drive space, lel

Can't deny that. One can indeed play meinkraft with 16GB of RAM and 2TB of hard disk space.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

lol, our school upgraded all computers to win 10, and now they have so many problems with drivers. BTW, all these computers originally had win xp on them. :P

Well, I guess thats one way to ruin a school network lol.  I'm just so sad because Microsoft claimed they would add ssh into Windows 10, yet I cant find it.   Unless its like enterprise and proffesional only.  

None the less, my school has Windows 7 computers without antivirus, no updates and DNS servers with more holes than swiss cheese.  I mean, if someone wanted to compromise the school network they could just redirect the whole school to a malicious webserver lol.  

Even more worse, is that they have don't have a server powerful enough.  Its better than most other schools we get about 350mb/s down and 300mb/s up.  But, thats only in the library or the history/music blocks.  

The main block has one server, and its so bad!  It keeps crashing from the load. 

Either get another server, and get a load balancer or have less computers. 

my friend thought he could play minecraft if he had 16gb's of RAM and 2TB of hard drive space, lel

Your friend is right, he can play minecraft he he has 16gb of RAM and a 2TB hard drive.  

I'm sure you can't play any game with "JUST" 16gb of ram and 2TB hard drive.

No CPU,Mobo,GPU,PSU,Case

I'm sure you can't play any game with "JUST" 16gb of ram and 2TB hard drive.

No CPU,Mobo,GPU,PSU,Case

you don't need a case :P

But I know what you mean.

having a Celeron with no GPU and putting 16 of RAM and a 2TB HDD wont improve perfomance

[spoiler=My PC]

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700K | COOLER: Corsair H105 | MOBO: ASUS Z170i Gaming Pro AC | RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 16GB 2400MHz | GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Classified | CASE: BitFenix Prodigy | SSD: Samsung 950 Pro 512GB | PSU: XFX XTR 650W [spoiler= Le Other Stuff] Monitor: BenQ XL2411Z | Keyboard: Ozone Strike Pro | Mouse: A4 Tech X7 F4 | MousePad: Ozone

Spoiler
Spoiler

PlayStation 2 | PSP 2000 | Game Boy Color | Nintendo DS Lite | Nintendo 3DS | Wii

Spoiler

Sony Xperia J (Why u so bad D:) | iPod 4th gen | iPhone 4 | Yarvik Xenta 13c (3muchchrome5her)

Spoiler
Spoiler

Pentium B980 | 500GB WD Blue | Intel HD Graphixxx | 4Gegabeytes of REHAM

Current OS: MSX 10.0 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)Ilikethelennyfaceyouknow( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Windows Password Reset Guide