Experiences with non-techies

I challenge him to fix everything in life by banging it ;)

um...I don't think you can fix people by banging them....

Edit: I think bad things will happen to you inside and/or out if you try it...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Not quite non-techie related but if I can figure out how to add my own pics I will show you guys 2 pics I took at my local office depot that are total ripoffs and just total bullshit....

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Not quite non-techie related but if I can figure out how to add my own pics I will show you guys 2 pics I took at my local office depot that are total ripoffs and just total bullshit....

To add images, either click "More reply options" and add the image to the post through there or upload it to a site like imgur and copy the BBCode for the image into the post (it should be [img ]url)

HTTP/2 203

To add images, either click "More reply options" and add the image to the post through there or upload it to a site like imgur and copy the BBCode for the image into the post (it should be [img ]url)

thanks mate I'll add the pics when I have the time! but that is a little confusing as I'm looking up with all the buttons and didn't see more options...

I spent the next hour explaining to him that "My Computer" wasn't really his computer in a global aspect, but more a less a central hub for that specific computer.  I further went on to explain that "My Computer" was never really the best name for the physical computer, but more or less JUST "Computer". 

I guess that's why they've renamed it to This PC in Windows 8.1  :P

Humpty Dumpty was pushed.

My mom in a nutshell

I tell my mom that she's doing something wrong
"I KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!!!"

She fucks up

"Tafel please fix this"
*fixes it*
"You're the best techie!"

I challenge him to fix everything in life by banging it ;)

If you put your manhood within 1 meter near my broken set of headphones, I will...

be angry.

I only ever chill on this page: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34813-experiences-with-non-techies/

If you ever spot me anywhere else, you've earned yourself an imaginary cookie  B)

I took some pics at my local office depot and they are kinda fucked up, they sell DDR1/2 memory (can't remember prices but they are rip-offs) and they only GPU they sell is a Radeon 6850 for 80 bucks I believe, if you guys want I can take those pics, but it won't be for a while...

I know it's not non-techie...but it's close enough and I don't know where else to post it...

post-85188-0-48093700-1414015101_thumb.j

post-85188-0-38058600-1414015134_thumb.j

-snippy-

Because a G3240 can run "demanding programs" and we totally are incapable of creating a user account on our PC. wat

Because a G3240 can run "demanding programs" and we totally are incapable of creating a user account on our PC. wat

DAMN IT I DIDN'T RECORD THE PRICE OF THAT PENTIUM COMPUTER!! if you guys want to see it and the other stuff I can retake pics.....

Edit: and why is that elf making that face?! Has he ever seen a computer before?

*Fires up benchmarking software. Computer crashes, and PSU begins smoking then bursts into flames.*

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

*Fires up benchmarking software. Computer crashes, and PSU begins smoking then bursts into flames.*

Great. Thanks Office Depot. Just. Thanks. Thanks for lighting my house on fire and breaking apart my family because we don't have a place to live. Thank you. So much. Great work.

Great. Thanks Office Depot. Just. Thanks. Thanks for lighting my house on fire and breaking apart my family because we don't have a place to live. Thank you. So much. Great work.

A person who'd buy the computer would have the most demanding program being Solitaire or IE/Chrome/Firefox FB games.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

They'll still charge you a diagnostic fee for that...

A person who'd buy the computer would have the most demanding program being Solitaire or IE/Chrome/Firefox FB games.

Do you think it could handle those in-browser humble bumble games?

Do you think it could handle those in-browser humble bumble games?

I'd probably kill it in 20 minutes by playing OpenBVE.

I'd probably kill it in 20 minutes by playing OpenBVE.

DO IT.

in my country there are a lot who charge

5$-10$ (us converted +/- in price) to format your pc and install a fake os lol.

edit: or le pirata as what others can call it :)

Live your life like a dream.

know that feeling bro... cuz we liv in da same cunt-ry

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

know that feeling bro... cuz we liv in da same cunt-ry

Ooh... Found moar peeps...

Anyone want to upload a pic of them DVD vendors?

My friend has a tablet, I asked what version of Android is this. Turns out that it was an iPad....

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I was looking on craigslist for laptops. Found this.

Hello, I currently have a Toshiba Satellite Ultrabook for sale. One of the hinges was broken although it has been fixed fairly well. Other than what the hinge looks like, this ultrabook is in great condition. It runs perfect and you'll notice it's quite a bit faster than most laptops. This laptop is sporting a 32 GB SSD (Fastest hard drives in speed wise on the market) along with a 500 GB hard drive for storing files, pictures, or whatever. The processor is sporting a dual-core Intel i5. If you're a light to medium gamer, this laptop can do it. Although the graphics are dynamically allocated shared graphic memory, it can get up to 1696MB of graphics power. << wat? It has 3 USB 3.0 ports, a "charge and sleep" port as well. It has the standard 802.11b/g/n Wireless Networking along with integrated Bluetooth. The keyboard is spectacular on it's own. It has a full LED lit premium raised tile keyboard. It does have a webcam and all the other goodies as what you're expecting with such a great laptop.

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Probably runs vista

Looked kinda new looking at the pictures. He shows a clip with 2 screws into the laptop and that kinda scares me

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.