Experiences with non-techies

that site just redirects me to some kinda software for preschoolers website, what browser should I be using?

1. SHTAP
  2. Quote only posts from the last 2 pages.
  3. Repeat steps 1 and 2.

that site just redirects me to some kinda software for preschoolers website, what browser should I be using?

I smell someone taking the piss.

Yes I am bored, been in bed all day (now now with a cold).  Fed up sleeping and lying staring at the ceiling so have broke out the ANCIENT laptop and am answering rather obvious trolls on here.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

1. SHTAP
  2. Quote only posts from the last 2 pages.
  3. Repeat steps 1 and 2

budddy if u don't want to help just don't respond, jus lookin 4 help

I seriously hope that you are a troll. if not, you are my experience.

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

SHTAP ?

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

budddy if u don't want to help just don't respond, jus lookin 4 help

Cant tell if trolling, or insanely stoopid

Having problems with your fresh Windows 10 install? PM Me!
Windows 10- Want To Disable Telemetry, Disable Cortana, Disable Windows Updates? Look at my guide HERE
LTT Beginners Guide  | Community Standards | TN&R Posting Guidelines

Off topic:

What's with all the hate on Kailh switches? I understand if it's a crappy membrane but it's a mechanical switch... So, why the hate?

The click ones are fine, if a bit overpriced. The stealth version however have no tactile response. For typing, and dependent on the person, gaming, they're probably worse then membranes.

Normandy - Intel Core i5 3470, 8 GB Corsair Vengenace LP, EVGA GTX 960 SSC, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, WD Blue 1 TB, Seagate 320 GB (steam), Seagate 320 GB (experimental, second OS, etc), Windows 8.1 + Ubuntu 14.10

Garrus - HP Stream 11

*TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* 

This is so hilarious now day's because it actual kind a is real. But back then when he asked it me, it wasn't. So he come next to me and ask me that where he can download more space for her computer.  He mean that he need new HDD. So i was so *blink* *blink* when he ask that question. Also punch of default's. My mother asked some time ago that. Where is that any key button is? Or what is the USB port... :D

Failure is not an option!

This is so hilarious now day's because it actual kind a is real. But back then when he asked it me it wasn't. So he come next to me and ask me that where he can download more space for her computer.  He mean that he need new HDD. So i was so *blink* *blink* when i asked that question. Also punch of default's. My mother asked some time ago that. Where is that any key button is? Or what is the USB port... :D

you can make more drives in your already drive: PARTITION SALESMAN! for old ppl. lolz

you can make more drives in your already drive: PARTITION SALESMAN! for old ppl. lolz

Yes but back then those drive's was like 80gb and they where all ready almost full. And i didn't know how to do that partition back then. Because i wasn't so familiar to computers those day's. 

Yes but back then those drive's was like 80gb and they where all ready almost full. And i didn't know how to do that partition back then. Because i wasn't so familiar to computers those day's. 

ya the good old 80gb days. still dont need more than that for most personal content tho which is funny cuz now storage is like 6x what was b4

ya the good old 80gb days. still dont need more than that for most personal content tho which is funny cuz now storage is like 6x what was b4

Yeps but when you gaming seriously and you just want to keep those game's always up to date. You gonna need so much more space really soon. 

Yeps but when you gaming seriously and you just want to keep those game's always up to date. You gonna need so much more space really soon. 

but most of my space is just random junk from other users (family members)

Why did everyone jump down that guys throat? As far as I know, from what I read of his post, he said he was using two different RAM kits and was having trouble getting them to work together.

Maybe I've been that stupid before but I totally slapped in some extra (at the time entirely unknown RAM) into my PC before and it just worked.

So I don't see why him taking the time to make sure they operate at the right timings and are the same type wouldn't work. Especially if they only recently randomly stopped.

I would try removing one at a time until you find a faulty stick? Process of elimination, if there is a faulty stick.

Sorry I can't help you guy, from my POV everyone just jumped down your throat, but maybe you should have made a seperate thread...

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

Technically you could download more storage. Say out of the factory your 500gb hard drive was partitioned like this 100MB SYS | 20GB SYS RECOVERY | 480GB WINDOWS. Using a downloaded tool, you could go in and remove the 20gb partition and expand the 480gb partition, thus downloading storage. Or you could also download a program like dropbox, which is cloud storage. 

Why did everyone jump down that guys throat? As far as I know, from what I read of his post, he said he was using two different RAM kits and was having trouble getting them to work together.

Maybe I've been that stupid before but I totally slapped in some extra (at the time entirely unknown RAM) into my PC before and it just worked.

So I don't see why him taking the time to make sure they operate at the right timings and are the same type wouldn't work. Especially if they only recently randomly stopped.

I would try removing one at a time until you find a faulty stick? Process of elimination, if there is a faulty stick.

Sorry I can't help you guy, from my POV everyone just jumped down your throat, but maybe you should have made a seperate thread...

Because people can be assholes. Especially some of those on the linustechtips forums. 

*TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED* *TROLLING DETECTED*

*yanks emergency cord on troll train*

not exactly, it was clearly intended at a joke  idk why noone could seem to have the ability to see this

I really do have two different ram kit in my computer and it worked out just fine for me though btw

So I was in "My Time" (registration) and my teacher was showing is a powerpoint. The thing is she was showing it to us in powerpoint editor thing and not a presentation. To change slides she would scroll down until the slide changes. If there was a like to a youtube video, she would not use Ctrl-click or Ctrl-c Ctrl-v. Or go into presentation mode. Oh no. She would highlight the link, right click, copy, open internet explorer 8, highlight the url bar, delete whatever was in there, right click, past, enter. And the best part was, We have roll down white projector screens and the one she is using has "STOP HERE" and some arrows and she pulled the screen past that so the "STOP HERE" was in the middle of the screen.

/rant

So I was in "My Time" (registration) and my teacher was showing is a powerpoint. The thing is she was showing it to us in powerpoint editor thing and not a presentation. To change slides she would scroll down until the slide changes. If there was a like to a youtube video, she would not use Ctrl-click or Ctrl-c Ctrl-v. Or go into presentation mode. Oh no. She would highlight the link, right click, copy, open internet explorer 8, highlight the url bar, delete whatever was in there, right click, past, enter. And the best part was, We have roll down white projector screens and the one she is using has "STOP HERE" and some arrows and she pulled the screen past that so the "STOP HERE" was in the middle of the screen.

/rant

Oddly the bit that bothers me most out of what you described is when people select the text in a text box or URL bar or whatever and delete it before typing in what they want to...or they don't select it and press backspace individually until it's cleared. Probably leftover from pre-mouse or pre-gui days.

Also, a few years ago we had a French teacher who was utterly incompetent. She left after teaching us. And the first thing she taught us was Swedish. Anyway, she never used presentation mode and when asked why she said about it being easier to change slides (she clicked on the thumbnail slide icons on the left) and to change to other applications. She then asked us how to make it bigger because some of the text was unreadable on the screen. Since she didn't want to use presentation mode (which was what she was inadvertently asking for) our class decided we'd go the 'CTRL+W to make it wider' route.

Oddly the bit that bothers me most out of what you described is when people select the text in a text box or URL bar or whatever and delete it before typing in what they want to...or they don't select it and press backspace individually until it's cleared. Probably leftover from pre-mouse or pre-gui days.

Also, a few years ago we had a French teacher who was utterly incompetent. She left after teaching us. And the first thing she taught us was Swedish. Anyway, she never used presentation mode and when asked why she said about it being easier to change slides (she clicked on the thumbnail slide icons on the left) and to change to other applications. She then asked us how to make it bigger because some of the text was unreadable on the screen. Since she didn't want to use presentation mode (which was what she was inadvertently asking for) our class decided we'd go the 'CTRL+W to make it wider' route.

I'm guessing that didn't go down well....

When the problem they come to you about is fixed easily by reading, that's it, they just don't read. ever.

Desktop: i7-4790K OC 4.7Ghz | ASUS Z97-A | 16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro | GTX 780 Ti  | Coolermaster Storm Stryker | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PNY Optima 240GB | Corsair AX860 |  ASUS PB278Q | Noctua NH-D15 | Corsair K95 MX Red | Razer Ourbouros | Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 250 ohms with schiit magni+modi.

When the problem they come to you about is fixed easily by reading, that's it, they just don't read. ever.

No, because clearly clicking the 'OK' button or 'choose WiFi network' button or w/e if you aren't a qualified techie might cause the Earth to stop and spin the other way on its axis.

I bet there are those who are like 'but I didn't know if it was the real button or a virus'. Apparently some people struggle with telling the difference between a button that's in one of the control panels of the OS from a big flashing light with the wrong colour scheme proclaiming 'download now', 'your computer is slow' or 'this is not a virus so you should click it even if there is no reason to other than an invisible organisation claiming that this button is in fact not a virus'.

We are being shown 12 years a slave in US history class and the teacher has no clue how to do about 90% of what's required to play it. He bought a blu ray movie even though none of his media devices in the room can play blu ray. Fortunately the movie came with a redemption code for a digital copy on the play store, so he entered that in only to discover that his browser had 3rd party cookies disabled and wouldn't play the movie. That's when he called me over for help. (he has no idea what a cookie is other than a delicious treat) After some fiddling due to my unfamiliarity with Internet Explorer I managed to enable 3rd party cookies yet the movie still wouldn't play.

Then came my moment of realization, full movies can be bought on YouTube nowadays and the accounts are linked. Sure enough, the movie was available for $13 on YouTube. He began to protest that he wasn't about to pay for the movie again until I hit sign in. BOOM, full movie unlocked via the play store!

He then asked me how to do that for his other classes so I had to assure him that he would stay signed in on YouTube, then painfully watched him go through the process of finding the movie for himself. He googled (no, sorry, BINGED) youtube.com instead of typing into the address bar, then had to ask me what to search, and finally had to ask which video to click on.

I've built 3 PC's, but none for myself... In fact, I'm using an iMac that my dad bought for me as my desktop. Awkward...

Please don't say "SSD drive." By doing so, you are literally saying "Solid State Drive Drive" and causing my brain cells to commit suicide. The same applies to HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and PCIe (Peripheral Component Interconnect Express).