Raspberry Pi 2 released!

Go to solution Solved by Jozi,

I need to try Einstein@Home with RP 2 B). Anyone tried Boinc with RP 2 yet?

You know what guys, I think I get it.

Windows 10 that will be available for free for Pi2 is for small tablets phone one, and not the Windows 10 with desktop, that is why the Surface 1 and 2 isn't getting Windows 10, as if Microsoft distributes the Small tablet phone Windows 10, they'll lose the desktop, and that means they will lose Office 2013.

Well that's great... I just bought a B+ -_-

Well, with that you get more IO pins, which is what Pis are supposed to be about.

It still has enough power for controlling a robot, home automation and such. People using these things as media centers are wasting their potential.

Never mind, It will be Windows 10 IoT (Internet of Things), so there will be a desktop :)

same shit. why do not they make 2 GB of ram + 4 core 1.5-2.0 GHZ newer CPU and more powerfull GPU? 

Windows 10 will run on this veeery slooooooooowwww. LOL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Just ordered myself a RaspberryPi 2 B a few minutes ago :D Also it's 43$ over here.

And great that the Pi 2 has the same size as the B+, because I'm planing my own Pi-Case atm

Sounds even better for emulating. Wonder if it will be better at emulating things like N64.

I was thinking the same thing too. I was just about to order myself a RaspberryPi B+ a week ago, thank god I didn't :D On the B+ emulating N64 was kinda laggy, this will be much better now (SMASH BROS HERE WE GO!)

same shit. why do not they make 2 GB of ram + 4 core 1.5-2.0 GHZ newer CPU and more powerfull GPU? 

Windows 10 will run on this veeery slooooooooowwww. LOL

It's a special version of Windows 10, so it'll run pretty good I guess.

Is there anyone here who bout a Raspberry Pi and did something cool with it? I would like to get one for myself

Watch tinkernut on youtube.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I've ordered my Pi 2 Already should be with me tomorrow :) Do you guys want me to do a bit of an unboxing?

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I've ordered my Pi 2 Already should be with me tomorrow :) Do you guys want me to do a bit of an unboxing?

yes! that would be awesome. and pls do some tests, like 1080p blue-ray films.

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Probably will buy one soon. Cool stuff.

Anyone else think they missed a trick by not making it a little bigger and adding M.2?

Expensive and very space consuming given the size of the Pi.

This is great, because i was just about to buy a BananaPi, which is an A7 Dual Core (tiny bit higher clocked), and 10 bucks more. Now the only reason to get the BPi would be if i want the extra ports at the expense of the extra cores.

Primary:

Intel i5 4670K (3.8 GHz) | ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical LP 2x8GB | Gigabyte GTX980ti | Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 240GB | Corsair RM 850W | Nanoxia Deep Silence 1| Ducky Shine 3 | Corsair m95 | 2x Monoprice 1440p IPS Displays | Altec Lansing VS2321 | Sennheiser HD558 | Antlion ModMic

HTPC:

Intel NUC i5 D54250WYK | 4GB Kingston 1600MHz DDR3L | 256GB Crucial M4 mSATA SSD | Logitech K400

NAS:

Thecus n4800 | WD White Label 8tb x4 in raid 5

Phones:

Oneplux 6t (Mint), Nexus 5x 8.1.0 (wifi only), Nexus 4 (wifi only)

That's great. It benefits everybody. Developers get a new platform for free to work on. Windows gets their R&D and compatible software done for free. And the enthusiast consumers get more software to use.

Meh, go with someone other than rasberry pi. theres a few with better or comparable specs for the same price. Also PI uses it's official twitter account to slander people for some reason. I dont know what business a tech company has doing that.

I really want to get one of these, so I can hook it up to a CRT monitor and run a command line only version of Linux on it

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

I'm happy I didn't buy one yet, will have to pick one up soon.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

I ordered two of them this morning! :D I love these little computers. They make great webservers for side projects and remote machines for off site network testing!

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

Great! I'm going to order one, could someone test it with kodi? I think windows will be a nice addition but really not that useful..

This is pretty awesome. Could make the whole 'Minecraft: Pi Edition' idea a whole lot more enticing.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Very big upgrade in performance. Depends on what you use it for if it'll be worth upgrading or not.

Apparently it's "6x better". I'd assume this is if you're actually leveraging all 4 cores.

I am not too sure about that. The ODROID-C1 has a quad core A5 processor at 1.5GHz. The Raspberry Pi 2 has a lower clock (900MHz) but the CPU architecture (A7) is better clock for clock (by a pretty big margin). I don't know which GPU is the best but the ODROID-C1 has the benefit of Gigabit Ethernet and IR reciever. I'd say they are pretty comparable, and Raspberry Pi will have far more support (which means easier to work with).

Cortex A7... so a 900MHz Snapdragon 400?

"Rawr XD"

• 1 month later...

I need to try Einstein@Home with RP 2 B). Anyone tried Boinc with RP 2 yet?

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit