2/Wheeled Warrior (Portable Rig / Coolermaster Elite 110 Mod)

Hello guys,

this will be my first mini-ITX build/casemod.

Since I am constantly on the road with my motorbike, I need a case that fits in a backpack and can also fit high-performing components. So I was very stoked when Cooler Master announced the Elite 110. After a few month of waiting it finally was sold in Germany.

My problems that I have with the case is, that you can install only very short video cards, and it is not possible to install a 140mm fan in the front, cause the start button prevents this. Also theres no window on the sidepanel and the case needs some colour.

In summary, my first step will be the casemod, after that I'll give you some information which components I'll use for my build.

TheTiger

#1 Taking it apart

ahqobzg7.jpg

#2 Some colour

5zsapr6y.jpg

Followin ;)

Why didn't you use the silverstone raven rvz01? that would of fit a long graphics card without modding and fit in a back pack a hell of a lot easier then the 110 i don't even know of a back pack that the 110 could fit in :S

Why didn't you use the silverstone raven rvz01? that would of fit a long graphics card without modding and fit in a back pack a hell of a lot easier then the 110 i don't even know of a back pack that the 110 could fit in :S

My waterproofed backpack for riding fits the Elite 110 and a bunch of other stuff perfectly, the cube-shape makes it possible. The RVZ01 would be too big, caused by it's "consol-shape". Also it's ugly in my opinion :D

Edit1: I managed to cut the front of the case, so I'll be able to fit graphic's cards up to 265mm (~10,43"), I just need to move the front IO on the other side. Also I cut the side, which can fit the two 80mm fans + a 3,5" HDD, cause I don't need these mountings and the view through the upcoming sidepanel window won't be distracted.

Edit1: I managed to cut the front of the case, so I'll be able to fit graphic's cards up to 265mm (~10,43"), I just need to move the front IO on the other side. Also I cut the side, which can fit the two 80mm fans + a 3,5" HDD, cause I don't need these mountings and the view through the upcoming sidepanel window won't be distracted.

Update #1

Cutout for the longer graphics card (up to 265mm (~10,43"))

cgctroof.jpg

Cutout for the upcoming sidepanel-window.

um9hmxyd.jpg

I also tried to cut the frame of the fan, which came with the case, to see if there would be enough space for the start-button. Turned out that it also won't work...-.-*

I really want to keep the original start-button, cause it's a really nice way of implementing the logo of Coolermaster in the case, but I also want a 140mm fan in the front, guess I have to decide which is more important for me...or otherwise completly rebuild the front mesh.

PS.: Excuse the quality of the pictures and any grammar mistakes.

Update #2

Some stuff arrived!  :)

- NF-A14 industrialPPC-3000 PWM (I'm going to order another one, cause they're freakin' awesome!)

- XSPC red LCD Temperature Sensor (Will be placed on the top left of the front panel)

- 50cmx50cm acrylic glass (for the two sidepanel windows)

- red LED

Caused by the long graphics card, I have to move the front IO panel. Which basically means, that I'll cut it out and on the other side, do the exact same cut and swich it, by plastic welding (hope you get what I mean).

Also I'll move the front-switch (and add the red LED instead of the original blue one) with the Cooler Master logo to the botton right of the front panel, cause it blocks the 140mm fan.

Hope it will work, cause I only did plastic welding once, during my study.

I think I'll also paint the interior of the case in the same green colour. Some of you might think that neon-green and red is a strange colour combination, but I like it.

If everything works, you'll also get an update of the windowed panel this weekend :)

p6xonlmm.jpg

bc2m68h4.jpg

hbpu4tux.jpg

52wimlhv.jpg

nlczqsa5.jpg

3ndobvj7.jpg

This thing is pretty impressive. Well the whole progress being made

CPU: Intel i5-4690K  COOLER: XSPC Raystorm 750 EX240 w/ Ice Dragon White Nanofluid MOBO: MSI Z97 GAMING 5   RAM: G.Skill Sniper 8gb 2X4gb 2133   PSU: Corsair GS800  GPU: SLI MSI TWIN FROZR GTX 760 4GB CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe    STORAGE: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 128GB, WD BLACK 1TB, WD GREEN 1TB, SEAGATE BARRACUDA 1TB, WD BLUE 320GB KEYBOARD: Ducky Zero DK2108S MOUSE: Logitech G600 

Am I the only one who is interested in this build?

I would wish for more feedback as well :D

This thing is pretty impressive. Well the whole progress being made

Thanks dude!

Update #3

Some progress was made today. I managed to cut the sidepanel for the two windows, switched the mountings and the Front-IO panel to the opposite side, and cut a hole for the little LCD Display.

The plastic welding was very difficult and it also looks really bad, which isn't a really big deal, cause it'll be sanded and painted in the same colour as the rest of the case. Caused by the difficulty and the fact that I would need to rebuild the front mesh (cause there would be a hole in it, where the switch had originally been placed), I decided that I won't move the front switch. That means that I can only use one fan on my radiator, but the Noctua with it's 3000RPM is powerfull enough to handle the cooling. The board with the front IO connectors fits perfectly, also it looks a bit "ghetto", as Linus would say.

I put my ASUS HD 7950 in the Elite110, just to show you, how it'll look when a graphics card is installed (note that the ASUS card is to long to put the front panel on).

f3zmfo97.jpg

u2ybj9px.jpg

n2rksrdy.jpg

3s6kwa3b.jpg

uaw8cf4y.jpg

zydp8eed.jpg

jsw5u2sh.jpg

I hope after all that cutting/modding,there will still be some strength/rigidity left to case for it to be safely transported inside a bag/on your bike. Also,good choice on that Noctua Industrial fan. You'll only need one to cool all of the system components. ;)

I thought the idea of the graphics card sticking out the side would look really weird but it acutally kinda works, good job mate!

I thought the idea of the graphics card sticking out the side would look really weird but it acutally kinda works, good job mate!

it isn't going to be sticking out, he only need less then half an inch for his card and the front cover will hide it

it isn't going to be sticking out, he only need less then half an inch for his card and the front cover will hide it

ah right my bad, i couldn't really tell from the photograph

ah right my bad, i couldn't really tell from the photograph

he said that was a teat card, and was way to long

he said that was a teat card, and was way to long

yeah, if i had read the post properly before i would have realised :P

I hope after all that cutting/modding,there will still be some strength/rigidity left to case for it to be safely transported inside a bag/on your bike. Also,good choice on that Noctua Industrial fan. You'll only need one to cool all of the system components. ;)

That was also my concern at first, but the cuts made nearly no effect to the strength/rigidity. Maybe I'll strengthen the chassie tho', cause it's original a bit weak.

The Noctua fan is awesome so far, hope the system won't be too noisy.

Just a little bit too long...

Thanks for making that clear dude :)

Followed.

Love this case, my all-time favourite Cooler Master product.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

god this is awesome :D keep up the good work man

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Followed.

Love this case, my all-time favourite Cooler Master product.

god this is awesome :D keep up the good work man

I'm in your thread, watching your build.

Thanks mates, really appreciate it! :)

I want to see the rest of the components. xD

Well, there are no other components yet. Since I'm a student I don't have infinite money, so every part will be bought by and by...

Also some parts I want to use are not released or purchasable in Germany yet.

I think you can image which red/black Asus motherboard with Z97 chipset I'm thinking about :P Also I wanna try and fit the Kraken X41 (the radiator might be a little bit too thick). And when it comes to the graphics card, I'm limited by the size (not every will fit).

Thanks mates, really appreciate it! :)

Well, there are no other components yet. Since I'm a student I don't have infinite money, so every part will be bought by and by...

Also some parts I want to use are not released or purchasable in Germany yet.

I think you can image which red/black Asus motherboard with Z97 chipset I'm thinking about :P Also I wanna try and fit the Kraken X41 (the radiator might be a little bit too thick). And when it comes to the graphics card, I'm limited by the size (not every will fit).

no such thing as to thick :P