Why watercool a whole room when you're moving to a new office?

FrodoTheHobo

I don't get it, Why are they doing all this work in their old office when they have plans to move to a new one anyway?

Or is the plan to have two offices?

I don't get it, Why are they doing all this work in their old office when they have plans to move to a new one anyway?

They were not planning to move when they planned the whole room watercooling

Besides they can easily move it to the new office, just set up new pipes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

they made this back in august. they didn't have any plans to move out yet.

My Main Build: NZXT S340 - NZXT Kraken X31 - Crucial MX100 256GB - i5 4460 - Gigabyte Z97P D3 - Kingston HyperX Red 8GB - MSI Nvidia GTX 780 3GB - Corsair LL & HD RGB Fans, Corsair Lighting Node Pro. 

I wondered this also and since the copper soldered it will be easier to just buy new pipe. The flux causes a capillary reaction causing the colder to fill the edge between the two pipes sealing it.

Rose's are red violets are blue, without computers I'd know not what to do.

Linus tweeted about this or something and it was because he is running a video production company and that project gets a lot of views. That is basicly it. 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Because they can sell the copper or make copper jewelry now and say that they're recycling.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

you might not have known this was done months before the decision was made to relocate?

I think its a learning step as the lines will be better designs, like putting ball valves in the copper lines to help flush them of bubbles

Its all about those volumetric clouds

They finished the water cooling room long ago, only now they are uploading the video.

Because fun...

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

The Whole Room Water Cooling project was filmed a while ago, they just didn't upload it until now. It was also an excuse to make an interesting series of videos so that more people will watch their videos. The members of the Linus Media Group think it's cool and Linus has already brought something to make the pipes shinier. Also, it will not be hard to implement the whole room water cooling into a new building as they have gained experience from doing it in their current building and they can reuse some of the parts from their current building in the new building.

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Code of Conduct ■ Suggestions ■ Report a Bug ■ FAQ with Windspeed36 ■ Useful Links ■ Memes

they made this back in august. they didn't have any plans to move out yet.

Christ, had no idea they made it so long ago!

Maybe watch the afterparty sometime.

They probably ranted for 20 minutes about this question

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Christ, had no idea they made it so long ago!

To be honest they did mention it was summer or something.

If I remember correctly they said they'd be moving it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Because Linus lacks strategic thinking and planning, costing the company dearly. Time for new blood - JK

They should've bought a used large refrigerator or ice freezer and stick all the radiators in it.

Then their effort would pay off better, with some really low temps.

Or even better, turn the refrigerator into a server rack, and just cable out all the I/O.

That sounds somewhat inefficient. With the current setup that they have now they don't have to deal with all of the heat output.

If they were to shove every system into a room along with a freezer. Then that would draw A LOT more power than with a water cooling setup.

And I don't know what kind of condensing issues you would get. Besides. Water cooling on the scale that they have done makes for great video.

Please just lock this thread :/

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )