Someone tried to reinvent the keyboard (101touch , The new generation of keyboard)

ahhming

Laser projection keyboard is the same thing and that was almost a decade ago.This idea is horrible what's wrong with people these days??

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013).

would be interesting. I can't imagine many hardcores using it though.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I play piano and it does nothing for my ability to type of virtual keyboards. In fact, I can't even play a virtual piano on my ipad. 

Yep, I used to play piano as well and it's much much harder to do on a tablet than in real life. I am sure even a professional piano player will have a much harder time playing on a tablet (no matter what the size is) compared to a real piano.

It's not about "oh damn I don't remember where the keys are" as much as it's about "It feels really uncomfortable to jab my finger at a piece of glass".

Yep, I used to play piano as well and it's much much harder to do on a tablet than in real life. I am sure even a professional piano player will have a much harder time playing on a tablet (no matter what the size is) compared to a real piano.

It's not about "oh damn I don't remember where the keys are" as much as it's about "It feels really uncomfortable to jab my finger at a piece of glass".

It's also nearly impossible to play chords due to the awkward positioning of your fingers(since your fingers don't sink in when you press a key).

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

is it just me or isn't this basically just a really weird tablet format with some specialized software, calling it a new type of keyboard is like calling a monitor with touch functionality a new type of mouse. Sure it can do the same thing as a mouse but you wouldn't want to replace your mouse with it.

palm recognition and or digitizer gloves.

i wasnt just talking about the palm being interpreted as a gesture but many people rest there fingers on keys too

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

What I see wrong with it, going to break from smashing, fingerprints magnet, need to clean from all the oils and shit, not sure about portability, it must get hot after a time of use.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

THEY'VE ALREADY RUINED MY CELL PHONE WITH A TOUCH SCREEN. STOP THIS MADNESS BEFORE IT CATCHES ON.

You mean they have ruined smartphones, my Ericson k750i (java based 3d games/bluetooth/infrared/internet browser that works) is still going strong after 8 years of everyday use. In that period it has been dropped loads of times and yet all that has happened to it is it has a few chips out of the corners, no smashed screen (battery cover pops off on occasion but battery stays in). Touchscreens have just turned smartphones into fragile pieces of crap. I am yet to see the mainstream smartphones show signs of real durability.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You mean they have ruined smartphones, my Ericson k750i (java based 3d games/bluetooth/infrared/internet browser that works) is still going strong after 8 years of everyday use. In that period it has been dropped loads of times and yet all that has happened to it is it has a few chips out of the corners, no smashed screen (battery cover pops off on occasion but battery stays in). Touchscreens have just turned smartphones into fragile pieces of crap. I am yet to see the mainstream smartphones show signs of real durability.

It's not just durability. It's usability that's gone downhill. Sure I have all these great features, now if only I could use them efficiently by having actual buttons to press instead of a touch screen that thinks I'm pressing w, s or z when I'm really trying to press a.

And for fucks sake windows, let us disable the goddamned bing button. No one uses bing.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Not my thing either, I prefer cherry mx brown or good  chiclet razor switches (like thinkpad keyboards and such)

I dont see this happen what I do see is chiclet keyboards becoming the new standerd (they are already dominate right now) because they can offer decent tactile feel and people are used to them on laptops 

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

sooo, it's just a touchscreen like keyboard?

i don't like touch screens for typing, no feedback and hard to find keys without looking

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

computer says no.

not mechanical GTFO.

that video omg thank god for mute

Not a fan of this either, i don't see it replacing the keyboard at all. Maybe it's still early, right now i just can't imagine it as a daily driver.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I acutally like this idea. I type on a membrane keyboard anyway, so...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Might be my age talking, but screw touch screen for serious typing. Bad enough to tediously type a massage on a 3DS or a tablet. This is neat in theory, but considering experiences with touch screen, you'd be better off using a 10 dollar membrane.

This would never replace a keyboard, however it can be a nifty device if it were shrunken down and used for other tasks. I'm not anti touch screen, I'm anti typing on a touch screen. There is a difference.

Touch screens are for the meek and ineffective. When I type I want everyone within about 15 meters to be oppressed by the thunder and the roar of my switches, they should be able to feel in their teeth how much work is being done, and the terror that knowledge inspires should keep them from interrupting me except in their darkest hour when all other hope is extinguished.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

mechanical keyboard > this shizbut for 99 pounds it's a cool gadget.

Do you got 99 lbs but a key switch ain't one?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

I see 108k donated to a cause we don;t give a heck about. because they couldn't pull it off

kill it with fire!

edit:

who wrote the software? I'm willing to bet it'll be shipped buggy as all hell.

Running android, confirmed buggy. 

you know what, everything this can do could be achieved by simple attaching a cheap android tablet to a pc to function as a touch screen. and then a regularly keyboard as well. wow all the features of a touch screen and all the advantages of a physical  keyboard

you know what, everything this can do could be achieved by simple attaching a cheap android tablet to a pc to function as a touch screen. and then a regularly keyboard as well. wow all the features of a touch screen and all the advantages of a physical  keyboard

I've actually done that, and have even gone as far as to use an old tablet with a dead battery as a touchscreen for my computer, and a lot of times it made things really easy.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

So let me get this straight: Touch based keyboard? Universal condemnation as horrible

Touch screen based interface right in front of your face as soon as the motherfucking OS boots? Get used to it! It's faster! Oh you can just disable it! I actually rather like Metro UI!

You're all fucking hypocrites.

-------

Current Rig

-------

It's a very cool idea, I'll give it that, but I need a physical keyboard for real typing. 

COMIC SANS