Sony introduces Official PlayStation League, own eSports platform for PS4

Rafy

ligaoficialplaystation__1290524.jpg

- Starts tomorrow (16th) in Spain
- Soon in Portugal and Italy, probably expanding to Europe.
- Own 'democratic' eSports platform for PS4, for both casual and expert gamers
- Free for PS Plus users
- Linked to PSN account, matchmaking based on play history
- Individual and team prizes
- Season structure: first one lasts until January the 11th.
- Big third party support.
- Starts with Battlefield 4, Call of Duty: Ghosts or FIFA 15, others such as NBA 2K15, DriveClub or Invokers Tournament will join soon.

ligaoficialplaystation__1290514b.jpg

Source: http://www.gamereactor.es/noticias/196624/Liga+Oficial+PlayStation%2C+la+plataforma+de+eSports+de+PS4/

i read the title as "Sonic introduces" PAHAHAHA xD i must be waaay too hungry

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

arnt there already enough leagues for competitive. why do we need more....

How many computer programmers does it take to change a light bulb?

None, that's a hardware problem.  :D

Glad to see we have eSports for the handicapped now

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Wow this sure will be competitive.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I like the idea. I just wish it would be fleshed out to more countries and games.

COMIC SANS

Sucks to be you if you love waving your dick around (Referring to some of the "Master Race".) #GetRekt :P

This sounds like a good idea, if it wasn't for the fact that most of these games are standard competitive fair. I agree with having more games and countries involved. 

And I just really wonder why they couldn't name it PSL. 

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Hahahahahahahahahaha competitive fps play at 30fps with a controller?

Peasant League.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

is this suppose to be like little league for esports??

Considering its big push for streaming content on the new-gen console, it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise that Sony is launching its very own eSports platform on the PS4. However it’s unlikely anyone would have predicted where the league would be born: in Spain.

liga.jpg

It will operate much like other big eSports games, with seasons. Players will be able to build up their rank over several months, with a winner crowned at the end of the period and given prizes, including cash.

Ok Sony, that's cool. Of course it has CoD:Ghosts as one of the games... *rolls eyes* I'm interested to see how this works out.

The games originally supported will be BF4 (eh?), FIFA 15 (k seems legit), CoD:Ghosts (Ofc) and War Thunder (Seems Legit).

I'm gunna say they're going to start supporting Advanced Warfare maybe 2 months after release?

Not much info in the article :P

Source: http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/jon-martindale/sony-is-creating-an-esports-league-on-the-ps4/

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

inb4 "games aren't sports" arguments that's been answered over 9000 times.

inb4 "games aren't sports" arguments that's been answered over 9000 times.

My argument is that BF4 and CoD Ghosts aren't competitive material.

Cod with its smaller player size has always been pretty competitive amongst clans on console. BF4 however is not on console as theres a lack of proper communication. Ive seen some very cooperative and professional rounds of it on pc of course though.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

It would be huge if say participants have a chance to play an unreleased game like a separate tournament to play the next Battlefield 

They can be, regardless of one's opinion about the games.

Cod with its smaller player size has always been pretty competitive amongst clans on console. BF4 however is not on console as theres a lack of proper communication. Ive seen some very cooperative and professional rounds of it on pc of course though.

They can be, regardless of one's opinion about the games.

Not really, they aren't really constructed properly to create a competitive environment. Way too many variables in gun strength and limited tactics. They aren't designed with competitive in mind making them casual games adapted to be competitive which kind of defeats the purpose of an eSport which are games designed to be competitive essentially. Counter-Strike is a great example of a competitive FPS and we obviously don't need 7000 Counter-Strike clones to have a good competitive scene but there still are a lot of pre-requisites that go into giving an FPS a competitive nature. Something like UT for example.