ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
3 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Like- all you need to do is take the announcement date of the last one and add a year, rip mods.

Here's something easier that wouldn't require any math: just use the search function... Then they'll find a thread, or thirty, with an answer, instead of adding to that list.

On 9/21/2020 at 8:00 AM, lewdicrous said:

Contact their support.

where is that? (sorry kinda new)

2 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

where is that? (sorry kinda new)

I'm guessing through their email or a PM on here, seeing as they didn't post something on the giveaway page.

Tagging for good measure. @CPotter

On 9/18/2020 at 7:48 PM, zeusthemoose said:

Look into parody law. I believe you can parody a song with infringing the intellectual property as long as it meets certain requirements. I don’t remember what the requirements are though.

Thanks. I posted it. Disney claimed it immediately (must be flagged while youtube processes it). I disputed the claim based on fair use - parody. I think it satisfies requirements, but we'll see... Probably doesn't matter with all of the other entries. Thanks for your help :)

@LogicalDrm Props man for going through and answering everyone's questions, yeah I also meant unlisted instead of private but I keep mixing the two up. Also do you know which episode of WAN and possibly time they talked about Rog Rig Reboot, I looked through all of the timestamps for last years episodes and couldn't find it.

1 hour ago, Five_putt said:

Thanks. I posted it. Disney claimed it immediately (must be flagged while youtube processes it). I disputed the claim based on fair use - parody. I think it satisfies requirements, but we'll see... Probably doesn't matter with all of the other entries. Thanks for your help :)

That’s actually one of the best quality ones that I have seen so far. Most just seem to be people showing their rig and then saying ‘yeah I should win’, whereas you can up with a good idea and went to the effort of learning it on piano and singing. Good luck!

1 hour ago, gloop said:

That’s actually one of the best quality ones that I have seen so far. Most just seem to be people showing their rig and then saying ‘yeah I should win’, whereas you can up with a good idea and went to the effort of learning it on piano and singing. Good luck!

I made a video but I don't know if I want to submit it yet because there is some good competition like that.

3 minutes ago, fpo said:

I made a video but I don't know if I want to submit it yet because there is some good competition like that.

You should definitely submit it. Mine might get DQed anyways if I can't sort out the copyright claim.  There's also a good chance they judge based mostly on need and creativity rather than looking for anything too polished. You never know. Good luck :)

I've sat on ideas for like a week, and today I've finally reached my best idea yet. I've seen that I can hopefully clear the bar of originality, so all that's left it to make the darn thing. I really think this is my year to win. Wish me luck, y'all. 

@CPotter

If there is alcohol in the video, is it restricted from winning? I have a scene where I show a bottle of alcohol for about 1~3 seconds. No consumption, just showing the bottle.

It's there for a joke.

I thought of an idea for a video, aaaand I may have bitten off more than I can chew... Not even sure how my comp will handle the render tbh lmao

4 hours ago, Five_putt said:

This it amazing, but it is 2 mins long. :(

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

...no? it's 59 seconds

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

6 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

Submitted my video... now I just sit and pray that my newly acquired acting, cinematography, and editing skills carry me to a PC that can actually run.

lmao the intro is brilliant, with the usb cable

good job

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

lmao the intro is brilliant, with the usb cable

good job

Thank you, that means a lot! :D

I'm a little stressed and am worried some jokes won't land 😅

27 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

Submitted my video... now I just sit and pray that my newly acquired acting, cinematography, and editing skills carry me to a PC that can actually run.

Some good competition finally... :P

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

1 hour ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Only if you watch it twice?

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

I'm going to enter, though some folks are more deserving if they aren't lying. My 6 year old PC was stolen earlier this year, but I got it back recently, even if it is a bit worse for wear. Good components for the time and can still play modern titles at lower quality.

i7-4790k, Gigabyte GTX 970, 16 GB HyperX 1866, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, 3TB WD Black.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:54 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC

So I honestly have a pc with 10 to 15 year old specs and I dont know what to do with it ill make the video but I dont have that little amount of social anxiety to talk to the one I look up to for pc advice so yea also I am 13 so your info is useful. Anyways nice to message this was kinda hard to do I hope I win!

17 minutes ago, NIGHTCLOUD said:

(dont know how to not quote sorry)

you can edit the quote by clicking on it. If you want to remove the whole thing, remove every thing, then type -snip-. or if you cont, you can just backspace the quote.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Zaher503 said:

So many enteries that feel half-assed and with minimal effort. And so many kids and talking head videos. The creative part of the requirement is what's gonna make the winner stand out.

True that; I've seen some pretty good ones in BC. I thought mine would be better, if a bit of a dull and obscure parody, but I'm not sure if I can save it in edit.

i7-4790k, Gigabyte GTX 970, 16 GB HyperX 1866, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, 3TB WD Black.

IDK if it is still considered a "creative idea" but i taking inspiration from Michael's video from last year. Except its opposite.  

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

IDK if it is still considered a "creative idea" but i taking inspiration from Michael's video from last year. Except its opposite.  

what do you mean by opposite? And Michael is the guy who DIY'ed a laptop right? so are you gonna frankenstein a desktop from a laptop lol?