ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

this is not helpful, as I wanted to check my conversion to my timezone, CT.

Pacific time, that's PST.

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Pacific time, that's PST.

Ok....... I still live in a different time zone tho.....

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

50 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Ok, just to double check, that would be 11:59PM PST on friday, september 25, which would be 11:59 AM CT on Saturday, September 26, right?

If CT is supposed to be Central time zone, then it would be Saturday at 1:59am I don't know what other time zone would be referred to as CT.
 For additional reference, it is 10:47 pm pacific right now

47 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

this is not helpful, as I wanted to check my conversion to my timezone, CT.

CT is central time right? If it is, it will close at 159am

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

2 minutes ago, piratemonkey said:

CT is central time right? If it is, it will close at 159am

This is weirs. Google says its 12 hours later. 

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

This is weirs. Google says its 12 hours later. 

I mean I live in Manitoba, and last time I checked, it was Central Time, which is 2 hours ahead of Pacific, and 1 hour behind Eastern. So I guess Google is bunk. 

Either @piratemonkey or quote me when responding to me. I won't see otherwise

Put a reaction on my post if I helped

My privacy guide | Why my name is piratemonkey PSU Tier List Motherboard VRM Tier List

What I say is from experience and the internet, and may not be 100% correct

19 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Two things. Its US/CA only and you are under the minimum age required. I'll try not to be too hard on you, but speaking language fluently, and reading comprehension, are different things. Most of the times you get disappointed when you don't read rules and instructions first.

ok thnx

5 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

"PST to [insert timezone]" in a search engine of your choosing.

and exactly 10 seconds after the closing of the entries, we start getting "when are winners announced?/did i win?/how do i know if i won?/where do they announce winners?/are winners chosen yet?"

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

37 minutes ago, Shams_Aldin said:

why can't I just be eligible to enter when I'm in egypt?

Because the only eligible countries are the US and Canada......

42 minutes ago, Shams_Aldin said:

Because life sucks, and it's unlikely you'd win anyway. Sorry.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 hours ago, Arika S said:

and exactly 10 seconds after the closing of the entries, we start getting "when are winners announced?/did i win?/how do i know if i won?/where do they announce winners?/are winners chosen yet?"

Don't forget people asking when the next ROG rig reboot will be

2 hours ago, Shams_Aldin said:

My post few pages back is good enough explanation why contest isn't global this year. Also note that last year was first time it was global event, and even then there was just one winner outside of NA.

48 minutes ago, VortexRex said:

Don't forget people asking when the next ROG rig reboot will be

Thats only after last winner video has been released. Like last year it was in October we got the first thread.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Alright, so imma guess we get ~2000 entries. lets say they have around 3 people watching the videos at 2x speed. That would be 1000 minutes or around 16 hours total divided among 3 people, so that would be around 5 1/3 hours of video for each of them. Lets also say they watch ~1hour a day. That would take around 5 days for them to pick all of the ~100 ish good ones and weed out the bad ones. Then they would probably take a good 5 or so days to select the top 3. So, if you are wondering when the winners are going to be announced, Id say in 7-10 days after the contest ends, probably more.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

11 hours ago, Blastub said:

Quick question regarding submissions. If I use a song that has a large chance of getting copyright striked can I still submit or should I just choose another song?

Mine got claimed by the algorithm (Disney) but its not a strike, which I think takes the video down. I'm disputing it but I doubt anything will happen before the contest wraps up. In the terms and conditions Asus and LTT reserve the right to share videos for promotion and use the videos in their own. A claim wouldn't prevent this but I'm sure they don't want an LTT video to get demonitized or claimed by a music rights holder, so that's a pretty significant impediment for them. 

Long story short, if you can pick music that won't get claimed, you should.

Alright, screw it. I'm actually proud of it.. Most of the cringe is intentional, but not all of it.  I'm less happy than I could be but I think it's a contender.
Not happy with the audio, but I used what I had on hand.

What do you think?

4 minutes ago, September0451 said:

What do you think?

lol, that alien reference tho!

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

On 9/18/2020 at 12:42 PM, AvMaverick said:

Um, shipping isn't affected in any way in most areas!

Actually I can verify that is completely false. I work a Tech Support and I have to ship out a new modem at least once or twice a day at work, and my company used to ship them same day with overnight shipping. My internet company is available in nearly every state. Now that Covid-19 is a thing, we rarely get the overnight shipping option availability, and when we do, most of our customers report it still shows up 3-5 days later either way.

On 9/18/2020 at 1:42 PM, AvMaverick said:

Um, shipping isn't affected in any way in most areas!

In order for LTT and Asus to find it worth it to give away free stuff the winners need to come and build the thing in their studio so they can make a video of it which can be monitized so they make back the money they lose in giving away thousands and thousands of dollars in free computer hardware. Its not as simple as you win and they mail it to you.

4 hours ago, September0451 said:

Alright, screw it. I'm actually proud of it.. Most of the cringe is intentional, but not all of it.  I'm less happy than I could be but I think it's a contender.
Not happy with the audio, but I used what I had on hand.

What do you think?

Welp, you win for sure! :)

BTW... I'm super lucky I caught it, but PSA for aynone who entered, its ROGRigReboot20.... not ROGRigReboot2020 

I'd have been crushed if I missed my shot because I didn't just copy/paste the hashtag like an intelligent human.

Is anyone else having problems submitting their video link to the gleam page?

Either I get an error that gleam.io has encountered an error, or the link field at the bottom simply never finishes confirming my link is valid.