ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
42 minutes ago, Ace_1243 said:

In this 2020 reboot, are we only going to get the pc, or are we going to get the monitor and peripherals as well?

Monitor and others like every other one :)

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

I don't need any help upgrading my PC, but good luck to everyone who does :D

Level 2 Tech Support for a Corporation servicing over 12,000 users and devices, AMA

Desktop - CPU: Ryzen 5800x3D | GPU: Sapphire 6900 XT Nitro+ SE | Mobo: Asus x570 TUF | RAM: 32GB CL15 3600 | PSU: EVGA 850 GA | Case: Corsair 450D | Storage: Several | Cooling: Brown | Thermal Paste: Yes

Laptop - Dell G15 | i7-11800H | RTX 3060 | 16GB CL22 3200

Plex - Lenovo M93p Tiny | Ubuntu | Intel 4570T | 8GB RAM | 2x 8TB WD RED Plus 

47 minutes ago, imreloadin said:

I love how the actual LTT community has come to loath the ROG Reboot stuff😂

It's because 95% of people involved either:

1. Bitch about the rules and being inelligible to join

2. Make extremely low-effort videos and then bitch when they don't win

3. Ask for free shit when they don't even make a video

It clogs up the forum, and it's extremely annoying.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

11 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

It's because 95% of people involved either:

1. Bitch about the rules and being inelligible to join

2. Make extremely low-effort videos and then bitch when they don't win

3. Ask for free shit when they don't even make a video

It clogs up the forum, and it's extremely annoying.

Hmmm interesting... I joined the fourms just because of this but I might stick around. Its also dumb how many people are complaining that its only NA when the current situation is the way it is.

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Hmmm interesting... I joined the fourms just because of this but I might stick around. Its also dumb how many people are complaining that its only NA when the current situation is the way it is.

Definitely do stick around. I promise that there are more intelligent and communicative folk than the people you see in this thread, just have a browse of the sub forums. 

Ive watched almost 200 entries on youtube, and like 10% are eligible, and like 10 people look like they put more than 1 minuite of thought into the video. 

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Ive watched almost 200 entries on youtube, and like 10% are eligible, and like 10 people look like they put more than 1 minuite of thought into the video. 

lol why am i not surprised

Can LTT please pick the worst entry that was submitted and use it as an example of what NOT to do next year?

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

21 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

lol why am i not surprised

Can LTT please pick the worst entry that was submitted and use it as an example of what NOT to do next year?

Well, that would be kinda mean, especially if it was a child. Also it gives the people who put effort into theirs a better chance to win.

Spoiler

This guy complaining about his nice macbook pro makes me wonder about most of these submissions.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Also it gives the people who put effort into theirs a better chance to win.

Isn't the point for people who put the most effort in to win? lol

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Isn't the point for people who put the most effort in to win? lol

Well, yeah I guess haha, but I have a feeling most of the entrants think its luck based.

Spoiler

On 9/18/2020 at 12:54 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

Just submitted my video and I’m having an anxiety attack on if I win and miss the contact from LTT. how the winners will be notified just so I can monitor those channels after Friday.

1 minute ago, Aeris_X said:

Just submitted my video and I’m having an anxiety attack on if I win and miss the contact from LTT. how the winners will be notified just so I can monitor those channels after Friday.

Put an email in your video desc. if you haven't done that already.

Spoiler

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

Put an email in your video desc. if you haven't done that already.

Is that the official directions? I’d rather not tbh lol

If you don't win in the contest or can't participate you could always just save up and earn some money. I know its stereotypical but its true. At the age of 13-14 I managed to scrape together 2.4 grand in under 6 months which is plenty to build a nice computer and have some left over for other things. I did the usual things of mowing yards, water plants, and yada yada. I also did a summer job working 8 hours a day 7 days a week for 3-4 weeks in which I earned 1.6 grand. So if you really want a good computer its possible with some research and quite a bit of work. 

Quote me for a reply, React if I was helpful, informative, or funny

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

8 minutes ago, Gundar said:

If you don't win in the contest or can't participate you could always just save up and earn some money. I know its stereotypical but its true. At the age of 13-14 I managed to scrape together 2.4 grand in under 6 months which is plenty to build a nice computer and have some left over for other things. I did the usual things of mowing yards, water plants, and yada yada. I also did a summer job working 8 hours a day 7 days a week for 3-4 weeks in which I earned 1.6 grand. So if you really want a good computer its possible with some research and quite a bit of work. 

I designed a keyboard and ran a GB for it this summer and even though I only shipped 71 boards I made a little over 1500 CAD in profits for what really wasn't that much work. It's not that hard to make just a few hundred bucks, let alone over a grand. Just gotta...well, work.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

44 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

I designed a keyboard and ran a GB for it this summer and even though I only shipped 71 boards I made a little over 1500 CAD in profits for what really wasn't that much work. It's not that hard to make just a few hundred bucks, let alone over a grand. Just gotta...well, work.

Working to get a $200/m job next summer for mowing a older neighbor's yard. After expenses, that's like 1200$ a year for that one person. 

Though im interested in what you mean by designing and selling keyboards. Like, what tools did you use? Did you need a soldering iron, or were you able to just but the parts?

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

11 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Working to get a $200/m job next summer for mowing a older neighbor's yard. After expenses, that's like 1200$ a year for that one person. 

Though im interested in what you mean by designing and selling keyboards. Like, what tools did you use? Did you need a soldering iron, or were you able to just but the parts?

I designed the boards in KiCad, ordered the PCBs (including plate and bottom plate/case, since those are FR4 which is just PCB material) from JLCPCB, ordered hardware needed to assemble the kit from Aliexpress (screws, standoffs, and rubber feet), ordered diodes from Digikey, then packaged it all into kits and sold each kit for 50 cad. Not in that order, but whatever lol.

I made a bunch of status updates here and eventually a member who bought two will make a review here. You can probably dig through my posts if you want some more info.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

5 hours ago, imreloadin said:

I love how the actual LTT community has come to loath the ROG Reboot stuff😂

It's not that we laoth it, we loath the point of stupid spam about "they are so mean, why can't (insert country that's inelegible here) enter!?!!?!!?!!??" And the amount of people who don't read the rules.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

I want to win one these because I always buy the best that I can afford. I've never had the best that exists.

Does my video need to be public to win or can I make it unlisted?

7 minutes ago, DudeMcNerdy said:

I want to win one these because I always buy the best that I can afford. I've never had the best that exists.

Does my video need to be public to win or can I make it unlisted?

I belive you can make it unlisted you just have to put the link into the official entry thing. If you do win they will use your video as examples next year and show it off on the channel. I would just make it public just in case though.

On 9/18/2020 at 9:54 PM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

But im from pakistan. WHat about Meee?!!?!?!?!??!?!😭😭😭

I made a mistake on my rogrigreboot2020 video, is there any way I can fix it or make a separate video perhaps?