ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
21 minutes ago, Fuzzypeaches22 said:

Edit: Could anyone could help let me know how to embed the video into this post, i'm new to this.

It should automatically do it when you paste the link. I don’t know why it didn’t for you, but here it is. Your video was great, the montage was really well done!

I am far from an expert in this so please correct me if I’m wrong.

Quote or tag me so I can see your response

PSU Tier List

Motherboard Tier List

Graphics Card Cooling Tier List

CPU Cooler Tier List

SSD Tier List

PARROT GANG

Mentioned in 7/10/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/15/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/17/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 7/31/20 WAN Show

Mentioned in 7/31/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/3/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/5/20 Techlinked

Mentioned twice in 8/7/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/12/20 Techlinked

Mentioned in 8/19/20 Techlinked

On 9/18/2020 at 11:54 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

I have a question, how are over 1 minute submissions detected, is it a bot? Or do you manually review them? Because my video was exactly 1:00 (according to premiere) and YouTube reports it as 1:01. Will I get disqualified?

14 minutes ago, zeusthemoose said:

It should automatically do it when you paste the link. I don’t know why it didn’t for you, but here it is. Your video was great, the montage was really well done!

Thanks for the feedback and for posting the video link!

14 minutes ago, BobTh3Waiter said:

and YouTube reports it as 1:01. Will I get disqualified?

Then your video is 1:01 and you will be disqualified. Try editing it again and snipping out a second to keep it under a minute. Aim for 0:59 just to be safe.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

On 9/19/2020 at 1:54 AM, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

I made the ultimate LINUS PC

Literally powered by Linus

honest opinion do any of you think I even stand a chance. btw this was my first time trying to edit anything.

14 hours ago, Jstagzsr said:

In order for LTT and Asus to find it worth it to give away free stuff the winners need to come and build the thing in their studio so they can make a video of it which can be monitized so they make back the money they lose in giving away thousands and thousands of dollars in free computer hardware. Its not as simple as you win and they mail it to you.

So few things to clarify (please read the OP of the thread, it already explains things). Yes, they will make a video about it. Asus is getting advertising from the video, LTT is getting views and money from the video. Thats the gist of the competition. But as it said in OP, only one winner will be in studio this year because of travel restrictions. The money Asus loses in this is minor things in reality. Some $5k once a year? They get as much profit daily (or if this source is to believe, some 27 million USD).

So since you clearly didn't read OP or watched video, I'll explain how it works. They do mail stuff, but probably also have some affiliate to come with the hardware, making sure build can be made and filmed to their needs. As there's only one local winner visiting studio, and two others.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 9/23/2020 at 2:45 PM, MoozOfDoomz said:

Will I get points off for that? Everything was perfect- rip.

Bro urs is so much better than mine ;-; I hope u win (mine is a cringy rap vid)

11 minutes ago, iamkirigiver said:

Bro urs is so much better than mine ;-; I hope u win (mine is a cringy rap vid)

Awwww thanks, :) Im sure yours is good, at least you put effort into it, a lot of people didn't

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

1 minute ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Awwww thanks, :) Im sure yours is good, at least you put effort into it, a lot of people didn't

well.... define effort

Just now, iamkirigiver said:

well.... define effort

You had to come up with the lyrics, sing it, edit, and you didn't just take your phone camera and shakily record your rig.

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

I just noticed my submission had #ROGRigReboot2020 not #ROGRigReboot20

I fixed it in video description, should I resubmit or will my orgianl submission be ok?

1 minute ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

You had to come up with the lyrics, sing it, edit, and you didn't just take your phone camera and shakily record your rig.

Well part of it (like 1 second) of it was filming my crappy laptop but yea I did do all of that thank you for the self esteem (but I had to edit on iMovie lol)

1 minute ago, dkoudijs said:

I just noticed my submission had #ROGRigReboot2020 not #ROGRigReboot20

I fixed it in video description, should I resubmit or will my orgianl submission be ok?

You can edit the video description if you need to

Im gonna win watch

On 9/25/2020 at 1:08 PM, BananaCS13 said:

honest opinion do any of you think I even stand a chance. btw this was my first time trying to edit anything.

In the sense of contructive criticism, I think it follows a very common theme of "infomercial with a rig showcase in it", although you did do a good job specifying what you want to do with the computer.

I put momentous effort into this video, on top of losing sleep and my computer constantly crashing. Any input? 

And if this gets copied by anyone I will be pretty disappointed, yet flattered that you thought it was good enough to copy.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

I put momentous effort into this video, on top of losing sleep and my computer constantly crashing. Any input? 

Definitly one of the more creative videos on here. You definitly stand a shot at winning. wish you luck

9 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

In the sense of contructive criticism, I think it follows a very common theme of "infomercial with a rig showcase in it", although you did do a good job specifying what you want to do with the computer.

yea where it lacks in a creative theme I hope the editing and quality gives me a shot at the win.

16 minutes ago, BananaCS13 said:

Definitly one of the more creative videos on here. You definitly stand a shot at winning. wish you luck

Thanks dude, that means a lot to hear from the forum that my work is good. It really did crash like, 17 times or more. I lost count lol.

23 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

And if this gets copied by anyone I will be pretty disappointed, yet flattered that you thought it was good enough to copy.

This was pretty good ngl. Really straight forward and I like the background sounds it's a nice touch.

4 minutes ago, Oliver Michael said:

Thanks dude, that means a lot to hear from the forum that my work is good. It really did crash like, 17 times or more. I lost count lol.

yea same with mine. I would pull footage into the timeline and it would just straight up die on me. Autosave was a big help.

Just now, BananaCS13 said:

yea same with mine. I would pull fotage into the timeline and it would just straight up die on me. Autosave was a big help.

Not only that, but frequently my pc would just not let me open folders, so I had to restart my pc. Many times the program would just stop playing the clips if the playbar was moving, and wouldn't close, so I had to force crash it.