ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter

Dang, I saw the few other people who posted here.

They're quite good at editing! I'm still learning (using Kdenlive due to my $0 budget), so I appreciated the challenge of keeping it within a minute.

Edit: Not sure why people would make fun of someone struggling to make ends meet.

"Be excellent to each other!"

Edited by theDapperFoxtrot
Typo

6 minutes ago, theDapperFoxtrot said:

Danggg, I saw the few other people who posted here.

They're so good at editing! I'm still learning (using Kdenlive due to my $0 budget), so I appreciated the challenge of keeping it a minute of less.

chad kdenlive

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

There is a TON of spam in this thread, so I thought I'd do all the thread viewers a favour and bump the actual entries to this contest. Enjoy! :)

Please don't spam if you're not participating. Read the thread before you post for details! :D 

Dapper

*** Moderation actions taken ***

OK, so this is for all you who think themselves as forum members and have so far replied to this thread. Forum rules and guidelines still apply in this thread. Including derailing and personal attacks. There were couple posts removed where there were attacks in condescending manner.

This thread is for discussion about competition and answering questions related. I admit that my post might have caused some of the subsequent posts, but please try to keep in mind that not all Linus viewers are able to take harsh words as just little jokes.

• Ensure a friendly atmosphere to our visitors and forum members.
  • Encourage the freedom of expression and exchange of information in a mature and responsible manner.
  • "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.
  • Remember your audience; both present and future.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

43 minutes ago, theDapperFoxtrot said:

Danggg, I saw the few other people who posted here.

They're so good at editing! I'm still learning (using Kdenlive due to my $0 budget), so I appreciated the challenge of keeping it a minute of less.

Facts.

I used Windows Video Editor and it took me a couple of hours to do 1 minute. Not to mention I had to export it 3 times because it kept not fully rendering random frames every time (see 0:44 second in my video, the first two exports it didn't render my face). If it was any longer I wouldn't be here, I'd be off in a corner crying LOL

Maybe I should've just kept this one, I look hot af

image.png.51ad6a96a026d89704c9ee08b921bb54.png

1 minute ago, paperbagperson said:

Facts.

I used Windows Video Editor and it took me a couple of hours to do 1 minute. Not to mention I had to export it 3 times because it kept not fully rendering random frames every time (see 0:44 second in my video, the first two exports it didn't render my face). If it was any longer I wouldn't be here, I'd be off in a corner crying LOL

I believe you! I call my PC Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, because I love it, but it needs a good 'cranking' to start up and she's spittin' fumes. xP

3 minutes ago, paperbagperson said:

Facts.

Luckily for me, I happen to have a school-issued Macbook air that is actually ok for 1080p video editing. Best of luck to you!

You're gonna carry that weight.

Spoiler

hehe funni edgy signature

3 minutes ago, ARoseByAnyName said:

Hi friends!

I know this is only my second post, but I've been lurking for years, and when I noticed this thread included people posting entries, I decided I really wanted to share mine! I think it turned out rather well for a first go, although it's a bit lost in its own little world I think, now that I've been seeing more of other people's entries.

Regardless though, I hope you all enjoy watching the video at least half as much as I enjoyed making it! Quite the learning experience. But now, I think I need a break--this one week turnaround, yikes. I started with grander ambitions and quickly realized that was never going to happen under the time constraint; the art alone took way longer than expected, haha. 

Cheers and good luck to all :D

Wow. Yah animation takes a lot of time. I'm working on an animated type video as well. I should have it finished tomorrow... lol. I realized very quickly that with only like 4 days to make it (started late) that I'd have to really decide what was important, and focus on that. I'll post mine when it's done so you can see what I did too. 

Good luck.

I feel awkward putting this out here, because its my real face and all, but whatever.

I would appreciate any constructive criticism! (Yes, I know the audio is bad)

edit: I MISSPELLED AVERAGE NOOOO

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

edit: I MISSPELLED AVERAGE NOOOO

Will I get points off for that? Everything was perfect- rip.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Will I get points off for that? Everything was perfect- rip.

Live and learn. I think if you were going to win without a typo, you'd probably still win with it. Its a great idea, well executed, and I'm sure that's what will stand out to them. I doubt they even score them with points. Probably a pass fail to make a short list and then somebody just picks their favourites or the  personalities that will make the most interesting build video. You did great. Be proud.

1 minute ago, Five_putt said:

Live and learn. I think if you were going to win without a typo, you'd probably still win with it. Its a great idea, well executed, and I'm sure that's what will stand out to them. I doubt they even score them with points. Probably a pass fail to make a short list and then somebody just picks their favourites or the  personalities that will make the most interesting build video. You did great. Be proud.

Thank you so much, you don't know how much this means to me. I had a lot of fun making it and learned a lot too. Yours is amazing too!

Spoiler

41 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Thank you so much, you don't know how much this means to me. I had a lot of fun making it and learned a lot too. Yours is amazing too!

Yeah, I loved both your's and @Five_putt's. I hope mine will be finished soon enough. If you want a bit of a preview, here

Spoiler

IMG_20200923_160917.thumb.jpg.06a188d4b4c6c32ed274b6afe67748d3.jpg

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

34 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Yeah, I loved both your's and @Five_putt's. I hope mine will be finished soon enough. If you want a bit of a preview, here

Hide contents

IMG_20200923_160917.thumb.jpg.06a188d4b4c6c32ed274b6afe67748d3.jpg

Looks interesting, so its like reverse of the dude who made his desktop a laptop? Neat.

Spoiler

1 minute ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Looks interesting, so its like reverse of the dude who made his desktop a laptop? Neat.

Yeah, pretty much. I also have some *whisper* RGB  *whisper* for it. Still need to film it tho.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

7 minutes ago, MoozOfDoomz said:

Infact, here

image.thumb.jpeg.177958cdae9518781121fd76652a60fb.jpeg

It's almost finished, but I'm doing final assembly in the video. I'm also working on something to hold up the HDD, as it starts to fall out.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

10 minutes ago, Ayad Abozed said:

You guys wanna check out mine and feedback would be appreciated

Its great, but there are some points where I can't really tell what you are saying, although i could probably say the same about mine :P

Spoiler

Just now, MoozOfDoomz said:

Its great, but there are some points where I can't really tell what you are saying, although i could probably say the same about mine :P

English is not my first language and I had the song Idea so I tried so much the one in the video is the 53rd attempt at it 

Just now, Ayad Abozed said:

English is not my first language and I had the song Idea so I tried so much the one in the video is the 53rd attempt at it 

Ok, makes sense. Definitely better than most of them I've seen. Good luck!

Spoiler

I am clearly missing out on something. I kinda wish I had gotten around to doing something last year, because COVID and I think it would have been awesome to not have to pay $600 for a computer.

please quote me or tag me @wall03 so i can see your response

motherboard buying guide      psu buying guide      pc building guide     privacy guide

ltt meme thread

folding at home stats

pc:

RAM: 16GB DDR4-3200 CL-16

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.6GHz

SSD: 256GB SP

GPU: Radeon RX 570 8GB OC

Cinebench R23 score: 9097 (multi) 1236 (single)

don't some things look better when they are lowercase?

-wall03

hello dark mode users

goodbye light mode users

RIG REBOOT IS FOR PLEBS

All you plebs are trying to get ROG equipment, while I'm already decked out with ROG gear. If you really supported ASUS you would simp every last penny from your mom's credit card to show all your support for these guys. They have amazing gamer quality equipment.

1 minute ago, RONIN YT said:

RIG REBOOT IS FOR PLEBS

All you plebs are trying to get ROG equipment, while I'm already decked out with ROG gear. If you really supported ASUS you would simp every last penny from your mom's credit card to show all your support for these guys. They have amazing gamer quality equipment.

k broman