ROG Rig Reboot 2020 is HERE!

CPotter
43 minutes ago, TheCoverUp said:

wow! I was right about the date of the announcement!!

You said 19 or 20th. This was anounced on the 18th for most of the worls.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 hour ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

Speaking of which... I have one sitting in the garage. Complete with 1.5GB of RAM and a Geforce 6200, what a powerhouse.

#beastmode

48 minutes ago, Etho13392 said:

721837837_bigsad.thumb.jpg.b9f56d7837185ccf29ef59c01e766c2b.jpg

The only thing about sending heavy shit overseas that's more fun than shipping costs is customs duties.

43 minutes ago, Indiankid124 said:

He could’ve given more people new PCs 

Bro do u even

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Hi Linus,

I am Jatin from India i want to ask you why the ROG Rig Reboot is happening in India

To the people who complained about the regional restrictions, did you stop to think about how Asus is behind this entire giveaway to begin with?

2 major things to consider:

1. Current global events. 

2. The rules need to satisfy the sponsors.

1 hour ago, JatinKumar said:

Hi Linus,

I am Jatin from India i want to ask you why the ROG Rig Reboot is happening in India

ASUS are the ones that likely decided it....you know based on the current state of the world.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

2 hours ago, JatinKumar said:

why the ROG Rig Reboot is happening in India

it isn't happening in India...

want to install chrome os? here's how.

"If elevators hadn't been invented, all the CEOs and important people would have their offices on the first floor as a sign of status...........

....And the entry level employees would be up on the 80th floor."

1 hour ago, guest123456123 said:

petition to extend this to all countries other than us and canada must be created. too many pleas in the yt comment section @LinusTech  @CPotter

Not gonna happen, if they could have made it open to other countries they would have. Consider the fact that they would be facing a huge liability if they flew a possible Covid case [or carrier] into Canada... Just think about it.

N America is the only logical and possible way to make this happen, why do you think they waited so long until announcing this? I am positive they considered all possibilities before releasing the news.

*edit to include:

This decision is the best they could come up with, with current state of affairs there is no other way this could happen. The current situation is not in anyway under LMG's control. 

Hey at least it wasn't canceled indefinitely  ... as that was a very real possibility.

@Etho13392

@JatinKumar

@Yash raj

and many more ....

Edited by SansVarnic

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

16 hours ago, CPotter said:

Thanks to ASUS ROG for sponsoring this video series! Enter at https://lmg.gg/rogrigreboot20 for your chance to build a new computer with Linus.

Video Requirements

1) 30 - 60 seconds maximum. 
2) Show us your current Rig
3) Tell us why you deserve to win!
4) #ROGRigReboot20 in the video description
5) Be Creative!!

We're back with the 4th annual ROG RIG Reboot!!! Three lucky winners will have a chance to win an ASUS ROG gaming rig in this year's competition. One local winner from British Columbia, Canada will be chosen to visit the Linus Media Group HQ and build a PC with Linus in-person while two additional winners from all other eligible regions will participate in remote building sessions with Linus as they help him build their dream PC!

Yes so I have a laptop and this it it works ok for now but it crashes if I keep too many tabs or anything and I wish to a  another gaming rig as I want to build it but idk I I way too far away form you but if itnis ok for you to send me I rig I will be the happiest  bad the reason is that I like to play fortnite and minecraft but I don't get enough juice out of it and remember sub to Linus tech tips

16005075170228623095140875197576.jpg

7 hours ago, Adwaith PJ said:

Do you accept rig reboot videos from India?

6 hours ago, Etho13392 said:

721837837_bigsad.thumb.jpg.b9f56d7837185ccf29ef59c01e766c2b.jpg

6 hours ago, Yash raj said:

Is this US and CANADA only.

I have been waiting for this for 3 years and I want a rig reboot , I am from INDIA.

Please help and make it global.

4 hours ago, JatinKumar said:

Hi Linus,

1 hour ago, guest123456123 said:

petition to extend this to all countries other than us and canada must be created. too many pleas in the yt comment section @LinusTech  @CPotter

Ok, quick reminder of the rules:

• US and CANADA only.
  • Must be 13+ to enter 

If you are complaining about it not being in x country, stop for a minute. Think about how hard it is to organize an event like this in a normal world, let alone a global pandemic. They are giving you are free PC. The entitlement of some people are insane. 

46 minutes ago, LiquidTurbo said:

Yes so I have a laptop and this it it works ok for now but it crashes if I keep too many tabs or anything and I wish to a  another gaming rig as I want to build it but idk I I way too far away form you but if itnis ok for you to send me I rig I will be the happiest  bad the reason is that I like to play fortnite and minecraft but I don't get enough juice out of it and remember sub to Linus tech tips

I think reading comprehension should be mandatory entry requirement for any upcoming giveaways. If we need to spell out not just rules, but whole point.

Also reminder to all that even last year with event accepting global entries, there were certain countries excluded:

Countries Excluded: Taiwan, South Korea, Portugal, Italy, Austria, China, Russia, Hong Kong, Greece, France, Japan, Spain, Czech Republic

This was most likely due import restrictions and local raffle legislation.

This year, I think general logistics is main issue. As they can't fly someone over (hence local winner) and they would need to have local contact to help organize filming of the build. Sure they could add countries where that might be possible. But would yours be one of those? Likely not.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

2 hours ago, LiquidTurbo said:

This is not how you enter the competition.

Most likely it's just the American branch of ASUS running the show and they simply only want to supply in their market regardless of shipping or COVID. 

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

Please save me Linus gods my stream pc is on its last legs here man 

well i would love to enter. but south africa cant participate in so many things. i want to get rid of my potato. all i want is to stream on twitch and upload to youtube. and play games other than 320p

So do we have to post the video publicly or are we allowed to have it as a private link? I kinda don't wanna post it public cuz my friends subbed to my channel will see it.

i submitted the wrong link to the host and now i just need help to fix it. if any one can help contact me as soon as possible. no i'm not trying to get special treatment i just want to submit the correct video. 

I'm sure hyped to see who wins this one... and who pisses Linus off the most.

Madison's still the best winner lol.

SETUP:

• Ryzen 9 3900XT @ 4.3 all core (peak core voltage 1.3)  (water)
  • 2x8GB TeamGroup 8Pack Ripped Edition 3600mhz CL14
  • RTX 2080ti OCd @ +150 core, +1000 memory (water)
  • Aorus B550 Elite (rev1)

Personal Bests:

• Cinebench R15: 1785  1883 (Aug 2020)
  • Cinebench R20: 4136  4243 7125 7550 (Feb 2021)
  • 3DMark/Time Spy: 10,238 13,106 13,993 14,149 15,295 (Feb 2021)

Build Log: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1314971-the-ultimate-noctua-pc-15-fans-custom-loop-case-mods/

1 hour ago, Lunar knight said:

i submitted the wrong link to the host and now i just need help to fix it. if any one can help contact me as soon as possible. no i'm not trying to get special treatment i just want to submit the correct video. 

does any one know how to resubmit or change link