IKEA working with ROG to bring furniture FOR GAMING!!

maksakal
1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

I don't shop IKEA online, I walk in

Malaysia is the country

Alright but as I expected... it's exactly the same (everywhere, just different pricing obviously) tbf from experience not everything is trash but usually it's just really low quality, paint coming off, table feets breaking etc ...

20200914_132413.thumb.jpg.cf615c2afa9c86b459a9066ab6c0864b.jpg

(USA)

20200914_132352.thumb.jpg.d5a0b464b17e019ff758c06f4472ef27.jpg

(Malaysia)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Aereldor said:

There was a desk from Ikea in my old apartment... From 1991.

I know there will be counter-examples that pop up here and there, but they're exceptions, not the rule.  And exceptions are just that: exceptions.  Buy from IKEA and you're throwing good money after bad.  You're going to be replacing that piece of shit you just bought in a couple of years with another piece of... well hopefully better furniture, but likely shit again because folks just can't stop shopping there for some reason.

Buy real furniture.  Real desks made by real desk makers.  Pay the extra money.  It'll outlast the house you're in.  Seriously.

Or don't, and keep buying new desks and chairs and whatever else, every few years.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

36 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

Alright but as I expected... it's exactly the same (everywhere, just different pricing obviously) tbf from experience not everything is trash but usually it's just really low quality, paint coming off, table feets breaking etc...

God bless 3x the price no wonder ya'll complain

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

Table that will improve posture? 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

2 minutes ago, Doobeedoo said:

Table that will improve posture? 

No. K/d ratio.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

I noticed that quite a few people like bashing IKEA for their alleged low quality products. From my personal experience, I can say that there for sure is a "rubbish tier" of products that is cheaply priced and cheaply made, but if you go up a tier or two, you will usually find decent products at reasonable prices.To be fair, IKEA clearly states the type of material used as well as the weight of all of its products, so you know when to expect honexcomb cardboard structures for example.

Where I live, getting better products at competitive prices is not that easy. Depending on your DIY skills, you could be better off buing materials at a hardware store and building the product yourself, especially for easy to build furniture like a table for example.

I don't think ASUS will want cheaply made products to be associated with its ROG brand, that's why I expect them to make sure the quality is sufficient.

I’ve always felt ikea was in a unique position to do quiet cases.  There is a way to do really really good quiet cases.  Specifically sound absorbing acoustically dead ones.   The problem is the solution uses the exact type of cheap particle board ikea likes to use and it’s extremely heavy.  Both of which ikea is well set up to deal with.  I know people who have actually bought small IKEA cabinets specifically for this purpose. build a wooden case using particle board and line it with sound absorbing fire resistant rubber backed carpet.  It creates cases that are orders of magnitude quieter than the quietest quiet cases.  The problem is they’re incredibly heavy.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Is it going to have RGB.

no RGB. no buy!

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

I feel like people that bash on Ikea are comparing $100 all in computer desks with $1000+ desks.

Of course the $1000 one will last for years and years and years. Not everyone has the money to buy high quality product for everything, I like to put food on the table.

Ikea $100 is soooo much better than random cheap store like Rossy $100 desk, come on guys.

1 hour ago, Dreeda said:

I feel like people that bash on Ikea are comparing $100 all in computer desks with $1000+ desks.

Of course the $1000 one will last for years and years and years. Not everyone has the money to buy high quality product for everything, I like to put food on the table.

Ikea $100 is soooo much better than random cheap store like Rossy $100 desk, come on guys.

Out of these.

IMG_20200914_173137.jpg

Only that cube is from Ikea (20 euros)

Chair (forgot from where but not Ikea, like 80 euros)

Desk thing (not Ikea, like 130 euros)

The only thing that feels like I wasted money is the cube... Because I got another 1 that actually has its paint coming lose after... 2 years only...

So while yes, it's cheap, but it's also not worth the hassle of buying, assembling, etc, when one from another company for like 50 euros would likely last forever...

Yes you can get higher quality stuff at Ikea but it's not really cheaper or better than others, plus the offers are really limited , there's definitely better similarly priced options ,with emphasis on better. (Well usually)

PS: It's not so much"bashing" as having the experience of knowing "most" Ikea stuff won't last long and as such just isn't worth it, also ecologically... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

2 hours ago, jasonvp said:

Yeah, I'm aware. Thing is, I actually don't own any furniture. Blessing of being both a broke college student and a minimalist, everything I own fits into two suitcases - I don't think I've ever actually bought furniture. Considering I'm moving to a new apartment at least once a year and as often as every other month, I'll buy nice furniture when I finally settle down somewhere.

6 hours ago, Smit Devrukhkar said:

First AMD bike now ROG furniture. What next Razer GUM? wait.

I am still waiting for the Gigabyte AORUS Gaming Printer.

The rule with flat pack furniture for some time has been the stuff looks great and works as well as the expensive stuff until you have to move it just once.  Then it’s worthless.  If you’re extremely careful putting it together and use additional fasteners like glue with it you can sometimes get one move out of it.  The thing to remember with the kind of particle board they use is the stuff is Really really heavy and it can sag.  Also the particular surface is important.  Surfaces can wear, and with ikea stuff you can’t sand it down to find new surface.  There isn’t any.  As long as it isn’t wiggled, doesn't receive abrasion wear, or is stressed with weight, it will keep on keeping on though.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

6 hours ago, jasonvp said:

Pretty much: stop there.  IKEA is the single worst peddler of garbage "furniture" in the world.  Cheap, stylish, junk that falls apart in no time.  Buy real furniture that will last.  If you can't afford it, save your money until you can.  Then: buy furniture that will last.  DON'T shop at IKEA.  Good grief!

IKEA has different quality grade. Some are total crap, others are decent.

People who tend to buy IKEA furniture's are those who need to get started, and have no furniture to start with. IKEA provides for a relatively low cost (although some items are really overpriced... but aside from those), give you a 1 shop location to get your home together.

Typically, I see most people, do switch their IKEA furniture to quality ones later on. With some exceptions,  like they tend to get IKEA furniture for the kids room which they know will be changed 5-7 years from one (IKEA decent product will last that long, and can even reach 10 year with good care).

Also, with the rising cost of living in the city, making new condos and apartment are more and more closest than anything. IKEA is a company that quickly adapts to the market changes, and makes furniture for tight spaces. Proper furniture places tend to target the upper class or at the very least upper middle class, and the furniture they design assume a large home. And many can't stay up to date. Like they might sell a TV setup for a CRT TV and not LCD, 'cause it is a one or two person operation and they are so many furniture to update with the changing times, that they can't keep up.

Also, I don't know how it is in your region, but where I am, you can find many furniture places that sells furniture that makes IKEA cheap stuff look like it was made in titanium, and they charge double or even triple the price from IKEA. Finding good quality furniture is not a "click away", type of thing. It requires research, it required looking at different places for each their own specialty, and requires you to figure out combination of styles that works together. IKEA doesn't have that headache. For many, it give them time to go through all that.

That said, IKEA Sofas are garbage. Save your money, and go to a manufacture, maximize your budget for quality foam. Like good chairs and foam mattresses. Good foam is costly to make. You want foam that is comfortable, supports you, won't dry up and degrade, and take back its shape despite being squished down for hours. Sadly, IKEA couches they put the cheap stuff in. So it is a great when you get it out of the box, but over time it becomes soft and you see your pillows and cushions be all squished down as the foam degrades.

6 hours ago, maksakal said:

Summary

IKEA teams up with Republic of Gamers (ROG) to develop a new range of affordable gaming furniture and accessories to bring the gaming experience at home to a new level. The range consisting of about 30 products will be launched first in China in February 2021, and from October 2021 it will be available in other IKEA markets.

Quotes

My thoughts

Interoprability with RGB controllers would be nice. If anybody can break the market and bring decent quality products for a decent price it's IKEA, so it would be nice to have a nice desk without having to break the bank.

Sources

Inter IKEA Group | Newsroom : IKEA welcomes gaming home in collaboration with ROG

It would be cool if they made desks for flight sim and racing games.

I dont wanna add any fire to ongoing rumors but on this German computer-related site is an article about this topic with a picture of a conference room.

https://www.computerbase.de/2020-09/gaming-moebel-ikea-asus-rog-30-produkte/

The guy on the very right who's face is only half to be seen looks very similar to Dennis Liao :) I dont wanna be rude or racist by saying that "every *add foreingn country/ethnicity here* looks the same", but you gotta admit, there is a big similarity ^^

EDIT:

Oh, i see the picture has been linked here before, its from the official IKEA news:

https://newsroom.inter.ikea.com/gallery/news/ikea-and-rog-workshop-with-professional-gamers-and-gaming-lovers-in-shanghai/a/e5e56720-e411-4276-8fd2-71ee9e6f8032

Universal frequencies - resonate inside of me

try to take you for a ride - here across the galaxy

©2001 by Bass Mekanik

I am going to stay clear of any 'gaming' products that IKEA makes, frankly I don't think furniture is where gaming matters, even chairs for that matter with the Herman Miller X Logitech G Embody.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

You could see this more from a collective point. There's plenty of customers out there who explicitly buy their parts of just one brand (if possible) and ASUS makes this possible with its ROG-stuff. Therefore - if you want the perfectly fitting gaming chair or maybe even a pot for your Ficus Benjamina that has an RGB-illuminated "ROG" on it - who cares? :)

Universal frequencies - resonate inside of me

try to take you for a ride - here across the galaxy

©2001 by Bass Mekanik

First we got gaming scam chairs, and now we're gonna keep going with "gAMinG FuRniTURe"?

Thanks, Sweden.  Reeeeaaaallllly contributing important stuff to the world, I see. 🤦‍♂️

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

I'm just more interested on the kind of puns I mean names that'll come out of this collaboration.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 hours ago, TheCoverUp said:

the furniture is all right,but can it run crysis?

Probably. 

Can it run MS Flight Sim 2020?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

7 hours ago, jasonvp said:

I know there will be counter-examples that pop up here and there, but they're exceptions, not the rule.  And exceptions are just that: exceptions.  Buy from IKEA and you're throwing good money after bad.  You're going to be replacing that piece of shit you just bought in a couple of years with another piece of... well hopefully better furniture, but likely shit again because folks just can't stop shopping there for some reason.

Buy real furniture.  Real desks made by real desk makers.  Pay the extra money.  It'll outlast the house you're in.  Seriously.

Or don't, and keep buying new desks and chairs and whatever else, every few years.

The main issue I find is no one knows who those manufacturers are. And furniture buyers often want to find a local outlet to purchase from. You want to be able to go to a physical store to try out and see in the flesh what sort of styles are available. But outside of IKEA, there just aren't that many furniture stores to choose from. I can only name one and that's Structube. All of the other furniture stores in Vancouver at least sell tacky "rich lifestyle" furniture that no one with a sane mind would purchase for their own home. And there's a reason all of those stores close after little over a year in business.  

Like I'm talking about this stuff:

antique living room furniture sofa set classic designs golden sofas  luxurious|Living Room Sets| - AliExpress

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

10 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

The main issue I find is no one knows who those manufacturers are. And furniture buyers often want to find a local outlet to purchase from. You want to be able to go to a physical store to try out and see in the flesh what sort of styles are available. But outside of IKEA, there just aren't that many furniture stores to choose from. I can only name one and that's Structube. All of the other furniture stores in Vancouver at least sell tacky "rich lifestyle" furniture that no one with a sane mind would purchase for their own home. And there's a reason all of those stores close after little over a year in business.  

Like I'm talking about this stuff:

antique living room furniture sofa set classic designs golden sofas  luxurious|Living Room Sets| - AliExpress

French rococo?  An early style that was more of a statement about hand carving ability than anything else.  Furniture had movements just like architecture or painting or books or movies or a lot of things really.