My PC has passed on

Hi there, today as of February 27th, my gaming computer has given up. It was a good whole two years and a quarter that I had my first personal PC. When I first got my job, to the moment I got my parts, it made me feel great. Coming from console, I was genuinely a lot more happier than what I usually express. Her name was Black Red Sun, and now she is gone. As thought it was not truly a beast of a computer, I was still able to play the games I enjoyed the most. I was confused on why it would not turn on and I checked the whole PC. I troubleshooted all my components and to no avail. I am literally tearing up as I type this because I spent so much time and hard work to be able to get my own. She was first built back on November 13th of 2018. I tried all I could, even switching out the battery from the motherboard and nothing. I only wished that it was messing with me. I don't really know what else I can do now and since I have not income, there is nothing to do for it. I am hoping off the PC group and just leave it at that. May Black Red Sun rest.

15828117782227983215344331793111.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gaujinko said:

Hi there, today as of February 27th, my gaming computer has given up. It was a good whole two years and a quarter that I had my first personal PC. When I first got my job, to the moment I got my parts, it made me feel great. Coming from console, I was genuinely a lot more happier than what I usually express. Her name was Black Red Sun, and now she is gone. As thought it was not truly a beast of a computer, I was still able to play the games I enjoyed the most. I was confused on why it would not turn on and I checked the whole PC. I troubleshooted all my components and to no avail. I am literally tearing up as I type this because I spent so much time and hard work to be able to get my own. She was first built back on November 13th of 2018. I tried all I could, even switching out the battery from the motherboard and nothing. I only wished that it was messing with me. I don't really know what else I can do now and since I have not income, there is nothing to do for it. I am hoping off the PC group and just leave it at that. May Black Red Sun rest.

Where is that F reaction, I need it here ?

Spoiler

By the way, maybe I am not seeing it correctly, but do you have one 4 pin EPS in the 4+4 pin slot and the other in a single 4 pin EPS slot? See the top left of the board.

Were you looking for some help in troubleshooting, or is this just the obituary of the PC?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

6 minutes ago, Gaujinko said:

I don't really know what else I can do now and since I have not income, there is nothing to do for it. I am hoping off the PC group and just leave it at that. May Black Red Sun rest

Could always sell it or give it to someone with the caveat that something is broken. Or could ask for help here in diagnosing it...

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

You're using an adapter cable to power the graphics card? Your PSU doesn't have it's own PCIe connector? What PSU is it?

What happens when you try to turn the computer on?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

Image result for crying gif

My Rig - Intel I7-5820k@ 4ghz| Rampage V Extreme| 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4|RTX 2060 SUPER| Corsair 650D| Corsair HX750| 2TB Samsung 850 EVO| H100i| 3x SF-120's| 1x 240 cooler master Red LED Front intake

Everything I say defaults to include /s

I am noticing one of those LED-strip cables possibly touching the case. If it is, indeed, touching the case, it might be shorting something.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

this is an odd post LOL.

My condoleances?

If you need help diagnosing, just put it forward here.

Heck, maybe you'll even find someone close by who has some spare parts to spark it back to life ;)

Gamesystem: X3700, 32GB memory @3200mhz, GTX1080 Hybrid

Unraid system: Epyc 7352, 24/48, 96GB ECC buffered @2666mhz, 2x GT710, GTX1050Ti

My CPU is getting stable on lower and lower clocks - it was stable on 4,6 Ghz, then 4,5 Ghz and now I have to run it on 4,4 Ghz and probably it's the end of my i7  6700K

So I can relate. My condolences!

I edit my posts more often than not

48 minutes ago, minibois said:

Where is that F reaction, I need it here ?

Hide contents

By the way, maybe I am not seeing it correctly, but do you have one 4 pin EPS in the 4+4 pin slot and the other in a single 4 pin EPS slot? See the top left of the board.

Were you looking for some help in troubleshooting, or is this just the obituary of the PC?

You are correct, but I never had a problem with that. 

43 minutes ago, Spotty said:

You're using an adapter cable to power the graphics card? Your PSU doesn't have it's own PCIe connector? What PSU is it?

What happens when you try to turn the computer on?

When I built it, the PSU did not have a 8 pin, had to buy an adapter. Also, the PC does nothing when I hit the power button. Everything was working till now.

Just now, Gaujinko said:

When I built it, the PSU did not have a 8 pin, had to buy an adapter. Also, the PC does nothing when I hit the power button. Everything was working till now.

This part screams PSU. What is the OEM and model of your PSU?

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

Just now, aisle9 said:

This part screams PSU. What is the OEM and model of your PSU?

It is a cooler master 500w. It was given to me by someone. It worked fine until just today.

15828154501615334165283932600958.jpg

1 minute ago, Gaujinko said:

It is a cooler master 500w. It was given to me by someone. It worked fine until just today.

What are your systems specs? That is one of those units they used to put in some of their cases that came with a psu. It's not a good unit.

Most Cooler Master PSUs are in the sucks category unfortunatelly :(

I edit my posts more often than not

Just now, jaslion said:

What are your systems specs? That is one of those units they used to put in some of their cases that came with a psu. It's not a good unit.

Ryzen 3 2200g (garbage I know) RX 570 8gb, 8gb Patriot Signature @2993mhz (overclock) cooler master 500w PSU, 1tb wd blue hdd, msi x470 gaming plus, case is thermaltake j21 versa I believe.

3 minutes ago, Gaujinko said:

Based on this post from Tom's Hardware, that platform goes back at least as far as 2011. It was fairly garbage back then, and age generally hasn't been kind to Cooler Master PSUs. I'd bet you dollars--lots of dollars--that your ten-year-old PSU with no PCIe connectors died on you. You should only need to replace that with a new CX or CXM from Corsair. If the new PSU doesn't fire right up, your board is probably toast.

Even if you can't afford the new PSU now, don't tear down the system without trying a new one.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

1 minute ago, jaslion said:

Yeah I would just replace the psu with a good unit and with a bit of luck all will work again.

It's premature to go replacing parts, before one has even checked if it really is the PSU that is faulty or not.

4 minutes ago, Gaujinko said:

Ryzen 3 2200g (garbage I know) RX 570 8gb, 8gb Patriot Signature @2993mhz (overclock) cooler master 500w PSU, 1tb wd blue hdd, msi x470 gaming plus, case is thermaltake j21 versa I believe.

Take the PSU out of the case and remove all cables connected to any other components. Then, test if the PSU turns on by following the instructions at e.g. https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-power-up-an-ATX-Power-Supply-without-a-PC/

If the PSU doesn't turn on, then it's broken. If it does, proceed to take the motherboard out of the case, remove the RX 570, all drives and such, and connect the PSU to the mobo and test if the mobo now turns on.

16 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Yeah I would just replace the psu with a good unit and with a bit of luck all will work again.

Yup, I would try that!

I had a 3rd gen Intel PC die on me a few weeks ago, it was powered by an Antec Earthwatt PSU (the only 2 I ever had, and they both died, I'm avoiding Antec PSUs now!). Replaced the PSU and turns out I was lucky and that one didn't kill anything when it kicked the bucket (the previous Antec unit killed a few components when it died).

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Had someone come over with 2 different Power supplies, and sadly it is the whole system entirely. I really want to cry ngl. It hurts to see all my money gone. We even tried switching the motherboard, we tried with a gigabyte ab350m ds3h and nothing. To conclude, CPU dead, GPU dead, Mobo dead. Not sure about ram and her, but this torn me apart. All my main components dead.

I agree with the PSU being the primary issue, WereCatF made a great post that you should try out.

I would try the PSU paperclip test on it before buying another PSU there is a good guide on YouTube for it.

20 minutes ago, Gaujinko said:

That model of power supply is from 2007 and even for its time it was rather crappy. IIRC those came included with $50 cases so that should give you an idea of what the PSU is worth.

The PSU needs to be replaced. Even if that's not the cause of your problem it still needs to be replaced as you should not be using such an old, low quality power supply with a modern system.

4 minutes ago, Gaujinko said:

Had someone come over with 2 different Power supplies, and sadly it is the whole system entirely. I really want to cry ngl. It hurts to see all my money gone. We even tried switching the motherboard, we tried with a gigabyte ab350m ds3h and nothing. To conclude, CPU dead, GPU dead, Mobo dead. Not sure about ram and her, but this torn me apart. All my main components dead.

Disassemble everything.
Install the CPU to the motherboard. Install the RAM. Plug in the motherboard power connector and the CPU power connectors (The two 4pins combine to form an 8pin and you want to plug that 8pin in to the 8pin socket. Leave the 4pin empty it's optional). Plug the monitor in to the back of the motherboard display output since your 2200G has integrated graphics. See if you can get in to the BIOS.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

30 minutes ago, Spotty said:

That model of power supply is from 2007 and even for its time it was rather crappy. IIRC those came included with $50 cases so that should give you an idea of what the PSU is worth.

The PSU needs to be replaced. Even if that's not the cause of your problem it still needs to be replaced as you should not be using such an old, low quality power supply with a modern system.

Disassemble everything.
Install the CPU to the motherboard. Install the RAM. Plug in the motherboard power connector and the CPU power connectors (The two 4pins combine to form an 8pin and you want to plug that 8pin in to the 8pin socket. Leave the 4pin empty it's optional). Plug the monitor in to the back of the motherboard display output since your 2200G has integrated graphics. See if you can get in to the BIOS.

I had someone come over and we tried. He even brought his test bench. There was not boot. The gpu fans did not run, the CPU stock cooler didn't run. We tested on a x570 mobo