Lisa Su confirms AMD Ryzen 4000 chips will be “coming in early 2020”

Flying Sausages
7 hours ago, CarlBar said:

No it's not check the OP again.

In fact here's the quote from the quote source which is itself a direct quote of Lisa Su's statement:

Yes it is.

Thread title says Ryzen 4000 coming early 2020. It's only mobile SKUs based on Ryzen 3000 coming.

Even in that statement posted it says "for 2020", it's gives no indication of when. An educated guess would be Q2 at the earliest, much more likely Q3. Neither of these are early 2020, heck Zen 2 still isn't even fully launched yet.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

4 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Yes it is.

Thread title says Ryzen 4000 coming early 2020. It's only mobile SKUs based on Ryzen 3000 coming.

Even in that statement posted it says "for 2020", it's gives no indication of when. An educated guess would be Q2 at the earliest, much more likely Q3. Neither of these are early 2020, heck Zen 2 still isn't even fully launched yet.

No it's the APU's that are coming in early 2020. Those are 4000 series chips. Te title makes no mention of zen 3.

2 hours ago, CarlBar said:

No it's the APU's that are coming in early 2020. Those are 4000 series chips. Te title makes no mention of zen 3.

TFW someone repeats you in a different way and expects it to somehow mean something different.

The problem is the title says Ryzen 4000 which might be technically correct but still isn't really. The 4000s that are launching are based on the current gen 3000 chips.

The thread title is deliberately obscure so people see Ryzen 4000 and think "ZOMG Zen 3 is coming in Q1 2020 PogChamp".

Clickbait.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

APUs getting a generation ahead number scheme is dumb. 7nm Zen 2 should be 3000 series, if its cpu or apu. Only thing their CPU division is doing that I am disappointed with right now.

It was bad enough when the APUs were one number ahead, but now we have Zen 2 = Ryzen 3000 = Ryzen 4000. 

I hope that at some point they put out "ZenX" or something stupid like that and reset the numbering scheme to arch/desktop/mobile on the same page. Throw it on the AMX socket while you're at it. 

14 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

TFW someone repeats you in a different way and expects it to somehow mean something different.

The problem is the title says Ryzen 4000 which might be technically correct but still isn't really. The 4000s that are launching are based on the current gen 3000 chips.

The thread title is deliberately obscure so people see Ryzen 4000 and think "ZOMG Zen 3 is coming in Q1 2020 PogChamp".

Clickbait.

And people like to shit on Intel for having a shit nomenclature. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 hour ago, mr moose said:

And people like to shit on Intel for having a shit nomenclature. 

To be fair, Intel does have a shit nomenclature. As does Nvidia. 

I guess AMD was feeling left out. 

1 minute ago, Waffles13 said:

To be fair, Intel does have a shit nomenclature. As does Nvidia. 

I guess AMD was feeling left out. 

Absolutely, they all do.   having lots of product options and not much market demand means trying to entice sales with as many new products as they can.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

1 minute ago, mr moose said:

Absolutely, they all do.   having lots of product options and not much market demand means trying to entice sales with as many new products as they can.

I'm fine with there being loads of products with loads of naming conventions, the problem for me is when they reuse/misuse specific names/numbers in a way that's misleading. Things like these 4000 series APUs actually being 3000 series based (same with Intel's older HEDT lines), or things like the 1060 3GB being way less than it should be based on the name. 

At least with Cascade Lake Intel is giving it its own arch name so it feels a little less BS when they call it 10 series. There are a lot of words in the world and last time I checked even more numbers. As annoying as added letters/suffexes can get, I know I'm not going to confuse a 2070 Super with a 2070 or a 3600X with a 3600.

1 minute ago, Waffles13 said:

I'm fine with there being loads of products with loads of naming conventions, the problem for me is when they reuse/misuse specific names/numbers in a way that's misleading. Things like these 4000 series APUs actually being 3000 series based (same with Intel's older HEDT lines), or things like the 1060 3GB being way less than it should be based on the name. 

At least with Cascade Lake Intel is giving it its own arch name so it feels a little less BS when they call it 10 series. There are a lot of words in the world and last time I checked even more numbers. As annoying as added letters/suffexes can get, I know I'm not going to confuse a 2070 Super with a 2070 or a 3600X with a 3600.

It was Nvidia's 1030 that really got me annoyed, at least with the 1060 3G There was still an obvious difference in the ram/name and the price (at least in aus) was much lower than the performance difference to the 1060 6G.  Still a shitty thing but not as bad as outright selling a useless card like the 1030 with ddr4 and not making it obvious.

15 hours ago, mr moose said:

It was Nvidia's 1030 that really got me annoyed, at least with the 1060 3G There was still an obvious difference in the ram/name and the price (at least in aus) was much lower than the performance difference to the 1060 6G.  Still a shitty thing but not as bad as outright selling a useless card like the 1030 with ddr4 and not making it obvious.

Another good example there. 

As arbitrary as the 1660 naming is, at least there's no way to confuse it with any thing else. It's newer than the 1060, and it's less capable than the 2060. I'm just surprised it wasn't called the 2060u or something stupid like that. 

4 hours ago, Waffles13 said:

Another good example there. 

As arbitrary as the 1660 naming is, at least there's no way to confuse it with any thing else. It's newer than the 1060, and it's less capable than the 2060. I'm just surprised it wasn't called the 2060u or something stupid like that. 

i am uncomfortable with having more then one 6

its an irrational thought but i prefer the asian cultures lucky number way

2 hours ago, amdorintel said:

i am uncomfortable with having more then one 6

its an irrational thought but i prefer the asian cultures lucky number way

I'm definitely not saying it's a good or logical name, but I'll take illogical and unique versus multiple distinct products with tangible differences using the same model number. Same deal with the RX 480 vs 580 - they may be fundamentally the same GPU and it easily could have just been "RX 480 (2017 Edition)", but at the very least when someone says they have or recommend a 580, you know exactly what they are talking about. 

On 11/5/2019 at 1:49 PM, mr moose said:

I wonder if these will be the 4200G and 4400G?

U series, Just like in the Ryzen 2k series. Mobile is always ahead number wise. So 4500U and 4700U are gonna be a thing 

Primary Laptop (Gearsy MK4): Ryzen 9 5900HX, Radeon RX 6800M, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 24 GB DDR4 2400 Mhz, 512 GB SSD+1TB SSD, 15.6 in 300 Hz IPS display

2021 Asus ROG Strix G15 Advantage Edition

Secondary Laptop (Uni MK2): Ryzen 7 5800HS, Nvidia GTX 1650, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz, 512 GB SSD 

2021 Asus ROG Zephyrus G14 

Meme Machine (Uni MK1): Shintel Core i5 7200U, Nvidia GT 940MX, 24 GB DDR4 2133 Mhz, 256 GB SSD+500GB HDD, 15.6 in TN Display 

2016 Acer Aspire E5 575 

Retired Laptop (Gearsy MK2): Ryzen 5 2500U, Radeon Vega 8 Mobile, 12 GB 2400 Mhz DDR4, 256 GB NVME SSD, 15.6" 1080p IPS Touchscreen 

2017 HP Envy X360 15z (Ryzen)

PC (Gearsy): A6 3650, HD 6530D , 8 GB 1600 Mhz Kingston DDR3, Some Random Mobo Lol, EVGA 450W BT PSU, Stock Cooler, 128 GB Kingston SSD, 1 TB WD Blue 7200 RPM

HP P7 1234 (Yes It's Actually Called That)  RIP 

Also im happy to answer any Ryzen Mobile questions if anyone is interested! 

2 minutes ago, Silentprototipe said:

U series, Just like in the Ryzen 2k series. Mobile is always ahead number wise.

So are the APUs (the 2200G and 2400G are Zen 1 + graphics, and so forth).

From Komachi, who is a well-known leaker.

When translated he says:

"Renoir Mobile APU" is compatible with LPDDR4X-4266 and 12CU (13CU?) Vega Graphics, so I think it's worth the wait. The number of CPU cores will also increase.'

do u think its worth waiting for 4400g? my dad needs a pc for engineering software like autocad, said he needs some light computation too i dont know how cpu heavy it is, i dont know if its worth getting 3400g right now it has terrible bang for buck value. why wont they make a g model for 6/8 core too? many people just want a good cpu and need integrated graphics. i dont want to go intel since for professional work amd is much better bang for buck.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/5/2019 at 9:05 PM, Epimetheus said:

Already? That's crazy fast

It’s based on Zen 2/3000 series CPU’s so I’m not sure I would call it fast.

I've been mulling the possibility of waiting all the way until AM5 + DDR5 (Ryzen 5000?) with an APU that has atleast 6-8 CPU cores for the ultimate GPU-less SFF build.

Please AMD, make it happen.

The ceo of ryzen is doing a great job, he not only has great products, but he is putting them out there at a great price point too. I cant wait for ryzen 4 to come out, I am waiting for the cpus, I have a half dozen builds to do once ryzen 4 series cpus come out. I hope he continues to come out with better and better products in the future. I wish him much of luck!

" As we’re nearing the end of 2019, AMD looks all set to dethrone Intel as the best processors brand in the world. Come November 25, they will be releasing their flagship 16-core Ryzen 9 3950X Desktop CPU, along with two Ryzen Threadrippers, the 3960X and the 3970X. "

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7ada8b7626b55999b2027c50a85e7d3f.png

Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you know that AMD is on a roll at the moment. Traditionally, Intel CPUs were known for being technically advanced and more expensive while AMD CPUs were the less powerful and more affordable alternatives. But not anymore. With the release of the third generation Ryzen processors in 2019, AMD has clearly established itself as the more technically advanced of the two brands. This is mostly thanks to its own Zen 2 architecture.

As we’re nearing the end of 2019, AMD looks all set to dethrone Intel as the best processors brand in the world. Come November 25, they will be releasing their flagship 16-core Ryzen 9 3950X Desktop CPU, along with two Ryzen Threadrippers, the 3960X and the 3970X. But it seems it will not be stopping here. AMD already has plans for 2020 and its next generation Ryzen. The company plans on releasing their Zen 2 based Ryzen 4000 APUs in January and then the Zen 3 based next gen Ryzen 4000 series of desktop CPUs in the summer.

The Next Generation Ryzen: Ryzen 4000      

AMD had kicked off 2019, with the release of the 14nm and Zen+ based mobile Ryzen 3000 series in January. The desktop version of Ryzen 3000, based on Zen 2 and a 7nm process was released later. And as it turns out, AMD’s plans for 2020 seems no different. They plan to kick the year off with the release of 7nm based mobile chips and later moving on to the Zen 3 based Ryzen 4000 series of desktop CPUs.

In an interview with Venturebeat.com, AMD CEO Lisa Su talked about the company’s plans for 2020, also mentioning casually, plans for the next generation of Ryzen:

“We’re also pretty excited as we go into 2020. You’ll start to see our next-generation mobile products, as well, coming in early 2020. You’ll see 7nm mobile chips that have yet to come to market. That’s a pretty strong portfolio. We’re well underway with Zen 3 as a follow-on, as well, for 2020 — lots of product activity. Even though 2019 was a big product year, I think 2020 will be an even larger product year for us.”

ryzen-4000-2-1024x576.jpg

But still there aren't stocks for r39/50 ugh