Our BIGGEST Unboxing Ever!!

nicklmg

OVERKILL....

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

haha... yeah..

i'm expecting a data center, not cnc router though lol...

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Was this stuff gifted.... Or did you guys actually pay for it? 

Some of that stuff is beyond overkill, I mean, you guys have demonstrated your proficiency with tools ?

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

I'm sure @AlexTheGreatish will be wanting a Mazak next xD 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

ooh, this is exciting! too bad they didn't actually show the welder itself though. i'm a service engineer on welding machines/robotics and right on the interesting part the video stopped! (yeah i saw that it's a miller, tough what kind?)

So excited for more shop stuff!

...More please....

Screwdriver specs: Long, pointy. Turns things. Some kind of metal.

Main rig: 

i9-7900x | Asus X299-Prime | 4x8GB G-Skill TridentZ @3300MHz | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB | Intel 5400S 1TB | Corsair HX1200

unRAID server:

Xeon  E5-1630v4 |  Asus X99-E WS | 4x8GB G-Skill DDR4 @2400MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB cache drive | 12TB spinning rust | Corsair RM750X

FreeNAS server:

AMD something-or-other | Asus prebuilt sadness | 8GB DDR3-1600 | 9TB magnetic storage | Potential fire threat

HTPC:

i7-4790 | GTX1650 | Dell Sadness | 12GB DDR3-1600 | Samsung 860 250GB | 1TB magnetic storage | James Loudspeaker SPL3 x2 | Corsair SF450

You just created the equivalent of Disney Land for engineers. That equipment looks amazing, I would love to work there.

I am just a bit concerned about the power draw of some of these machines, I hope this building unit has a properly rated connection (and preferably a 3-phase one) to the power grid.

Hoo boy.  Lots of big machines.  Might be wise to pay an experienced person to train people on shop safety.

Otherwise, excited to see what comes out of the shop!

"This is like the Shelfinator 5000" I see someone is watching HPC. Now we just wait couple of months and we probably hear Linus realizing how "clean" metalworkshop actually is (even with fancy small vacuum and all) :D

Super jealous...

Are you planning on hiring some more machine shop trained staff? 

Seeing Linus stroll around poking at all these things is like seeing someone stroll into an alien world.
I think it is safe to say that Linus has very little clue what half the stuff is, or what it is useful for.

But that will likely change rather "quickly", after all. It doesn't take long at all to get the appreciation of what some of these tools are capable off if used correctly.

I also do have to say that Alex is just as ambitious today as before they joined LMG.

And thanks for finally getting a tap wrench! It has been agonizing without it.

this video is unwatchable. the audio is earpiercing. whenever linus says the letter s, it hurts my ears so bad... please turn down that high pitch in EQ and reupload it... 

She/Her

There are no Coordinate Measurement Machine, fiber laser cut machine, EDM machine, and they are not big enough XD.

Now you are equipped to make a collab with This Old Tony :D

Can somebody estimate how much money all of this might have cost and what they might use these tools for? Besides litterally everything imaginable?

The only thing I can imagine right now are pc cases and the weirdest most specific mounting platforms for [something]. Cooler fan racks maybe.

Edit: I am excited for the first video from your fully furnished worksop, when all the machines and tools are on their rightful places.

Wonder if Linus could recoup some of the cost by renting out the workshop?

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, firelighter487 said:

this video is unwatchable. the audio is earpiercing. whenever linus says the letter s, it hurts my ears so bad... please turn down that high pitch in EQ and reupload it... 

Oddly, using my headphones (Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears) gives me less of the sibilance than playing through phone's speakers.

My eyes see the past…

3 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Oddly, using my headphones (Sennheiser Momentum On-Ears) gives me less of the sibilance than playing through phone's speakers.

my headphones (MDR1000X) using the headphone out on my macbook are earpiercing with this video... and it's just this video. 

She/Her

Considering the shit-tier work Alex has done up to this point, all of this is completely wasted.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, firelighter487 said:

my headphones (MDR1000X) using the headphone out on my macbook are earpiercing with this video... and it's just this video. 

I just came back to edit my post that mid-way through the video, there is some pretty sharp sibilance going on with Alex.

My own headphones tend to deemphasize high frequency sounds in favor of mids and lows, which is fine as I'm pretty sensitive to higher frequency sounds already. Headphones that are nuetral or bring out highs more strongly, it would be easy to see that excessive sibilance would make this video pretty intolerable. 

Curse us people that haven't blasted our high frequency hearing out of commission. ?

My eyes see the past…

3:17-3:22

Linus: "You know there's are shocking amount of our viewers that don't know we are Canadian"

Also Linus: Shows USD only, shows only US based black friday sales for example, does US only giveaways (sometimes)

Me: Gee I wonder why??