Raspberry Pi 4! USB 3.0, Dual 4K60 HDMI, Up to 4GB DDR4, Gigabit LAN And More!

iamdarkyoshi

Image result for I'll take 5 meme

I think I have to get a RPi now

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

7 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

from the school or from retail? o_o

A Cana kit off ebay

🖥️ Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VH PLUS  ** Processor: AMD Ryzen 2600 3.4 GHz ** Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 1070 TI 8GB Zotac 1070ti 🖥️
🖥️ Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400  ** Power Supply: 650 Watts Power Supply Thermaltake +80 Bronze Thermaltake PSU 🖥️

🍎 2012 iMac i7 27";  2007 MBP 2.2 GHZ; Power Mac G5 Dual 2GHZ; B&W G3; Quadra 650; Mac SE 🍎

🍎 iPad Air2; iPhone SE 2020; iPhone 5s; AppleTV 4k 🍎

5 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

Projects currently in mind:

- Poor man's media server

- PS2Portable

- remove all ports, try to fit in a super slim shell, and make a better a faster, faster PocketCHIP

- giving pi cluster another go

A PS2 Portable is a rather ambitious mark. With an overclock and some developer support, Gamecube emulation should be within realm of feasibility, but I think PS2 emulation isn't going to be likely without a lot of work on part of the PCSX2 team. (Or any other bugger out there crazy enough to make a PS2 emulator for ARM).

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Really nice, BUT:

• I wish they didn't force you to boot from an SD card
  • they should have added a "real" usb-c port instead of the second hdmi port nobody uses

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Could make for a pretty good HTPC.

Though how well did the previous Pi handle 1080p or even 4k videos on Youtube/Netflix?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

18 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

A 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU (~3× performance)

how well could it handle PSP emu ppsspp...?

14 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

Just because it is rated for that power draw doesn't mean it will always draw that much. Initial benchmarks show power usage around 2W higher than the 3B so ~33% more. The rest will be split up between external devices.

For a more than two fold increase in performance this is a small price to pay, if you really need a lower power draw just lower the frequency.

I do admit though that they are beginning to reach the end of the acceptable power draw range.

image.png.ce488d3c533b662011b42d98e72edc4f.png

Source

How can those numbers be correct?  I know they recommend a 2.5 amp supply and from experience I know my good 2.4 occasionally shows the low voltage warning and my 2.1 does almost constantly (might have even crashed at times but I don't recall).  At 5 V, that means it's pulling over 10 W, not ~6 (this is for a 3 series btw)

3 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Could make for a pretty good HTPC.

Though how well did the previous Pi handle 1080p or even 4k videos on Youtube/Netflix?

In browser I know that YouTube at 1080p was slightly out of reach.  4k would be completely impossible.  This was even with the h264 plugin, never mind proper vp9.  Locally though 1080p60 h264 plays flawlessly though.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 hours ago, Sauron said:

they should have added a "real" usb-c port instead of the second hdmi port nobody uses

If you mean thunderbolt that's nearly impossible. It would need an extra chip. And its still intel only till the new usb spec rolls out.

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

How can those numbers be correct?  I know they recommend a 2.5 amp supply and from experience I know my good 2.4 occasionally shows the low voltage warning and my 2.1 does almost constantly (might have even crashed at times but I don't recall).  At 5 V, that means it's pulling over 10 W, not ~6 (this is for a 3 series btw)

Because the 5V input also runs the USB ports I guess

21 hours ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Quite an exciting launch from the Raspberry Pi team:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b/

https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-4-on-sale-now-from-35/

HERO-ALT.jpg

CURRENTLY ON PREORDER, just a heads up

These specs look freaking awesome, can't wait to get mine. Also quite neat to see them sell 1, 2, oatmeal and 4GB models, for 35, 45, and 55$.

I'm not a fan of the micro HDMI ports though, I'd rather have seen stacked full size HDMI ports, but whatever.

I'd love to see where retropie goes with this model, maybe full speed high res N64? owo

Awesome I have been waiting for this moment 

Cool. Finally catching up with Odroid and Tinkerboard. But with much more software support.

I think.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

30 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

Because the 5V input also runs the USB ports I guess

Hm I didn't think a flash drive would take much power

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, LeSheen said:

If you mean thunderbolt that's nearly impossible. It would need an extra chip. And its still intel only till the new usb spec rolls out.

I don't, I mean a usb-c format usb port. usb 3.1 is just fine with me.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I want one... I have absolutely no need for a new one but I still want one. Shame that both the UK suppliers listed on the website are out of stock of everything but the 2GB version. Only thing that is somewhat annoying to me are the micro HDMis

so since they upgraded the whole network package do we know if itll finally support Wake On Lan ? afaik all the current once dont.

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

11 hours ago, Sauron said:

I wish they didn't force you to boot from an SD card

I don't think the software supports it yet on the 4, but on previous Pis, you only had to boot from SD the first time and after that, you can use USB or Network booting.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

since the USB C port supports OTG, how fast is it?

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition

17 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

Whyyyy MicroHDMI, why not Mini DisplayPort??? Uuuuuuugh

Personally I would have preferred just regular hdmi but if it has to be something small, yeah that would be the way to go imo. If it's going to need an adapter either way, may as well make it a good port, and a more common one at that.

18 hours ago, HarryNyquist said:

Whyyyy MicroHDMI, why not Mini DisplayPort??? Uuuuuuugh

Because it doesnt need expensive adapters like in the case of  DP to HDMI? 9_9

On 6/24/2019 at 4:22 PM, WereCatf said:

I want one of the 4GB-ones, but....those cost 72€ or more, plus shipping, here in Europe! I can't justify paying that much for one, especially since I just want it into my collection, not because I actually have any use for one; I have a whole bunch of SBCs and I can't find any actual use for any of them and they just end up sitting pretty and collecting dust.

Here in the UK the price seems correct - https://thepihut.com/products/raspberry-pi-4-model-b

7 hours ago, jagdtigger said:

Because it doesnt need expensive adapters like in the case of  DP to HDMI? 9_9

I'd pay for an adapter so I didn't snap the connector off, tbh

sata wouldve been nice or while were at why not m.2 ...like on the back. m.2 drive have become cheaper than microsd 

"You know it'll clock down as soon as it hits 40°C, right?" - "Yeah ... but it doesnt hit 40°C ... ever  😄"

GPU: MSI GTX1080 Ti Aero @ 2 GHz (watercooled) CPU: Ryzen 5600X (watercooled) RAM: 32GB 3600Mhz Corsair LPX MB: Gigabyte B550i PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Hyte Revolt 3

1 hour ago, HarryNyquist said:

I'd pay for an adapter so I didn't snap the connector off, tbh

If thats a possibility then you are doing something wrong....

38 minutes ago, cluelessgenius said:

sata wouldve been nice or while were at why not m.2 ...like on the back. m.2 drive have become cheaper than microsd 

Likely power consumption, sata drives take a fair bit more power than a microSD card