Time to rev up those delete buttons: Facebook plans to pass your photographs to advertisers and make users the stars of online ads

Arika

Def illegal in my country, no question about it.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Inb4 they get a hefty fine from the EU

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

3 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Oh Zucks.. they're at it again..

I wouldn't be surprised if they have something in their ToS that basically gives them immunity against any complaints or lawsuits and if the option to opt out is harder to find than Waldo.

TOS doesn't and cannot overrule GDPR. This shit won't fly in EU. Thank god. Maybe they could make it as something people could opt for themselves, but why the F would you do that lol? I'm so glad I'm not on or using Facebook entirely...

Good thing I don't use Facebook :) 

Corsair iCUE 4000X RGB

ASUS ROG STRIX B550-E GAMING

Ryzen 5900X

Corsair Hydro H150i Pro 360mm AIO

Ballistix 32GB (4x8GB) 3600MHz CL16 RGB

Samsung 980 PRO 1TB

Samsung 970 EVO 1TB

Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti GAMING OC

Corsair RM850X

Predator XB273UGS QHD IPS 165 Hz

iPhone 13 Pro 128GB Graphite

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

TOS doesn't and cannot overrule GDPR. This shit won't fly in EU. Thank god. Maybe they could make it as something people could opt for themselves, but why the F would you do that lol? I'm so glad I'm not on or using Facebook entirely...

Hopefully they don't get the chance to even start doing that.

If they do it, then it should be something you opt in, not opt out of.

I already though this was a thing at least to a degree. Funny I don't have a single picture of myself on FB I only post music links, gaming related shit and such. Don't post much at all even, mainly use it to follow stuff. 

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

1 hour ago, RejZoR said:

It may not even get off the ground anywhere. I wonder how they will explain that the TOS is functionally no different from a model release. Because I think that's not going to be an easy claim to back up.

Want to cuck Facebook?

Add a Copyright watermark to whatever you upload and sue them when they manipulate your content.

5 hours ago, lewdicrous said:

Oh Zucks.. they're at it again..

I wouldn't be surprised if they have something in their ToS that basically gives them immunity against any complaints or lawsuits and if the option to opt out is harder to find than Waldo.

Not even the worst thing this week. Heard the latest yarn off the news Zuck wants local governments to police their principality of FaceBook. What does FB even employ moderators for now? Useless. 

16 minutes ago, yian88 said:

Repeating the same old : Facebuk should be completely banned everywhere.

I'm starting to think we should think of Facebook like the Opium Wars period, where Facebook is the Opium. In the future, Social Media will be banned and looked down upon with great disdain. 

I don't think they'll be using mine, it has me holding a named bottle of whiskey over someone passed out from alcohol poising on a camp bed. Probs not the brand image they want to give out, "look our whiskey makes a lightweight a paralytic after 7 shots" 

I make intelligent lights do cool things

Holy shit, Amir was right all along.

My Rig "Jenova" Ryzen 7 3900X with EK Supremacy Elite, RTX3090 with EK Fullcover Acetal + Nickel & EK Backplate, Corsair AX1200i (sleeved), ASUS X570-E, 4x 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3800MHz 16CL, 500gb Samsung 980 Pro, Raijintek Paean

2 hours ago, strajk- said:

Add a Copyright watermark to whatever you upload and sue them when they manipulate your content.

I am sure that in their terms of service, which nobody ever reads but everyone agrees to, it says that you give them the full rights to whatever you upload.

Honestly, at this point, if people haven't stopped using facebook, after all the scandals that have come out, they wont ever stop. This is also what Facebook is banking on. They are seeing: Hey, we can do whatever, people will keep using it anyway.

1 hour ago, maartendc said:

I am sure that in their terms of service, which nobody ever reads but everyone agrees to, it says that you give them the full rights to whatever you upload.

I dont think that would hold up in court IMO...

11 minutes ago, jagdtigger said:

I dont think that would hold up in court IMO...

Uhm, yeah, it totally would. Terms of service are terms of service you agree to. It is a legally binding agreement. If you don't agree, you cannot use the product. Simple as that.

Good thing I am uglier than sin. Nobody would use my face in an Ad. All those years of not seeing the sun playing World of Warcraft have finally paid off.

Can we chill with the irrational panic for a moment?  Repeat after me:

PATENTS ARE NOT PRODUCT ROADMAPS.

This merely means that Facebook has explored the idea, not that it's guaranteed to happen.  Companies like Apple and Samsung will patent fanciful product ideas that never come to pass.  Of course, it's not great to know that Facebook has explored this idea, but you should only start worrying if there's evidence of product development... and there isn't.

8 minutes ago, Commodus said:

Can we chill with the irrational panic for a moment?  Repeat after me:

PATENTS ARE NOT PRODUCT ROADMAPS.

This merely means that Facebook has explored the idea, not that it's guaranteed to happen.  Companies like Apple and Samsung will patent fanciful product ideas that never come to pass.  Of course, it's not great to know that Facebook has explored this idea, but you should only start worrying if there's evidence of product development... and there isn't.

Maybe they patented it to keep others from ever doing this morally reprehensible idea. /s

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

Deleting my account asap, this just keeps happening. No loss to me.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

8 hours ago, maartendc said:

Uhm, yeah, it totally would. Terms of service are terms of service you agree to. It is a legally binding agreement. If you don't agree, you cannot use the product. Simple as that.

Not in Auistralia or most of Europe.  ToS do not trump law.  Even contracts you sign in Australia are null and void if the contract is one sided,  In other words contracts that prevents you from using a service unless you sign away all your rights to CR material is not a legally binding contract. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

On 4/12/2019 at 9:37 AM, RejZoR said:

You are 100% correct but with some anonymization they might get around GDPR with some photos but what they can't get around is article 13, yes the one everyone hates.  With article 13 you as the owner can actually demand all the revenue your work have generated.

FaceBook might introduce this outside EU but I doubt it.

14 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

wasn't the... atomic bomb.... an example of that?

Ask the ppl of Nagasaki....

14 hours ago, VegetableStu said:

wasn't the... atomic bomb.... an example of that?

As far as I know there are no patents on nuclear physics.   You can't patent a chemical reaction.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.