LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

@Maciek is using one? My memory is terrible. Look back in the thread as I was asking the same thing

@rentaspoon Yes, I am at the moment. I was using an x-55 but it's dead at the moment and I'm waiting till I'll be in Europe to send it for repairs. I don't want to send it from Qatar not to waste tons of cash on transport.

In the meantime I'm using a Logitech. It's great. The spring in the stick is actually better than in the x-55. Of course it lacks all the bells and whistles of a HOTAS but it's a great quality stick. For that money it's unbeatable.

If I don't manage to replace the x-55 I'll look into CH Products. They are great quality stuff too. They look terrible but last forever. 

hey guys, thanks for accepting me into the organization.

Question: I have a game package with "6 Month Insurance" (whatever that means), 5000 UEC and a bunch of other crap, if I buy a second game package with a different ship, do the credits and insurance stack up??

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

-snip-

Well, thanks for the input guys. This retailer near my University will have new Logitech 3D Extremes for 25 bucks each. I decided to reserve a unit by paying this evening :P. I'll be picking it up on Friday. This will be my first Joystick ever so I'm a tad excited even though I'm expecting to throw it away when SC comes out. :(

Question: I have a game package with "6 Month Insurance" (whatever that means), 5000 UEC and a bunch of other crap, if I buy a second game package with a different ship, do the credits and insurance stack up??

Hello Zeus and welcome. The insurance means that the ship that it is on will have an insurance plan for a limited time. Meaning if you blow it up accidentally (or intentionally) while the insurance is in effect, you will get a new one without paying for it. Insurance won't stack up--this is strictly in a ship to ship basis. UEC will stack up though.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Yes,

All the goodies go to one account. This way if you buy a second package (not just a ship, but a whole new package) you'll get a second character slot, the ship and the rest. The advantage of buying a second package is that you'll be able to use your second character as a customizable npc to fly with you as you play with your main character. Every character slot that you purchase can become a crew member on your ship and you will not have to pay them for flying with you. Also you'll be able to customize their look so that you can complete your dream team.

If I'm mixing any facts, please guys correct me.

Cheers!

Well, thanks for the input guys. This retailer near my University will have new Logitech 3D Extremes for 25 bucks each. I decided to reserve a unit by paying this evening :P. I'll be picking it up on Friday. This will be my first Joystick ever so I'm a tad excited even though I'm expecting to throw it away when SC comes out. :(

Great! Just don't get discouraged in the beginning as flying with a stick is something that requires some patience. It's really rewarding once you get a hold of it. Also the flight model in SC is quite difficult at the moment for joystick players. I get better results with a mouse at the moment but I don't care. Flying with a stick is so much more immerse and fun.

You can also consider playing some older (meaning finished) games like real flight sims to learn the stick faster.

“You have taken your first step into a larger world.” – Obi-Wan 

In @ixi we truststargate-sg-1-ori.jpg
Lol@ixi_your_face
Great! Just don't get discouraged in the beginning as flying with a stick is something that requires some patience. It's really rewarding once you get a hold of it. Also the flight model in SC is quite difficult at the moment for joystick players. I get better results with a mouse at the moment but I don't care. Flying with a stick is so much more immerse and fun.You can also consider playing some older (meaning finished) games like real flight sims to learn the stick faster.“You have taken your first step into a larger world.” – Obi-Wan
Yep, mouse feels like your riding a space donkey with a space carrot dangling in front of him.... or her, I'm not sexist

Is there a place I can go to get all the available info about this game without asking a million questions on the forums??

I found a wiki but there isn't much there.

I'm hearing of people "scraping" one of their ships to get something better, others are selling their limited edition ships to other players for a profit and more.

How is that done?? Is insurance 6-months in-game time or real life time??

I have a million questions running through my head... I need a manual. At least a partial manual that contains info about the game as it stands right now.

Is there a place I can go to get all the available info about this game without asking a million questions on the forums??

I'm hearing of people "scraping" one of their ships to get something better, others are selling their limited edition ships to other players for a profit and more.

I have a million questions running through my head... I need a manual. At least a partial manual that contains info about the game as it stands right now.

For starters, look here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/142641-unofficial-uoltt-faq/

There is also a FAQ over on the RSI website https://robertsspaceindustries.com/faq

And you could go to the RSI forums, there are all sorts of sections that can answer your questions :)

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

The subreddit is also a pretty good source of info, http://reddit.com/r/starcitizen it also has links in the sidebar to all sorts of things and stuff.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

or you could try the rsi chat rooms, and ask those of us that hang out in there.

Great! Just don't get discouraged in the beginning as flying with a stick is something that requires some patience. It's really rewarding once you get a hold of it. Also the flight model in SC is quite difficult at the moment for joystick players. I get better results with a mouse at the moment but I don't care. Flying with a stick is so much more immerse and fun.

You can also consider playing some older (meaning finished) games like real flight sims to learn the stick faster.

“You have taken your first step into a larger world.” – Obi-Wan 

Yeah, it seems like I need to get used to the stick first. I'll try playing WCS or MS Flight sims for practice then. Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Main Rig: Illya V2, the Tiny Titan: ||i7 8700k 5GHz @ 1.385v (delidded)|| ||NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE|| ||KrakenZ63|| ||ASRock Z390-Phantom-ITX/ac|| ||Corsair SF750||

2nd Rig: Illya V1, the Air Cooled Prodigy: ||i7 4790k 4.4GHz @ 1.3v|| |NVIDIA RTX 2080 FE|| ||Be Quiet! Dark Rock 2|| ||ASRock Z87-E|| ||SeaSonic G-Series 550w (Carbon Fiber Mod)||

Captain isHypnophobic of the LTT Conglomerate.

Is it strange that when I read news about star citizen ships I sit in my chair making lazer sounds the entire time? 

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

It is getting really hard not to melt down my Freelancer + too get something bigger. all the new ships they are coming out with seem to be better equipped for most jobs than the MISC Freelancer could hope too be.

System CPU : Ryzen 9 5950 doing whatever PBO lets it. Motherboard : Asus B550 Wifi II RAM 80GB 3600 CL 18 2x 32GB 2x 8GB GPUs Vega 56 & Tesla M40 Corsair 4000D Storage: many and varied small (512GB-1TB) SSD + 5TB WD Green PSU 1000W EVGA GOLD

You can trust me, I'm from the Internet.

It is getting really hard not to melt down my Freelancer + too get something bigger. all the new ships they are coming out with seem to be better equipped for most jobs than the MISC Freelancer could hope too be.

Yeah, I've been sitting with the idea of upgrading for ages, but after seeing the CitizenCon livestream I bit the bullet. There is so much headed for us Citizens and I wanted a little more than my 325A.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

@Wauthar Welcome to the Admiralty!!  Nice ride you got yourself there.  Personally I see a High Admiral title for myself once the Hull C, Orion, or Carrack concepts come out.

Phew, according to my page on rsi I've spent 1700~ usd... Kinda weird tbh, 1000 is more accurate. I'll have to do the math once I get home... Also... I kinda wish I traded in my Phoenix for that 890, it could have been our Council meeting ship or something.

Edit: nvm... Can't get rid of the Phoenix even F I wanted to.

Phew, according to my page on rsi I've spent 1700~ usd... Kinda weird tbh, 1000 is more accurate. I'll have to do the math once I get home... Also... I kinda wish I traded in my Phoenix for that 890, it could have been our Council meeting ship or something.Edit: nvm... Can't get rid of the Phoenix even F I wanted to.
Which means you've tried...I wouldn't worry anyway because the king ship will be big enough anyway :)
I'm waiting for the upgrade modules if they ever get released, only think I know I'm going to do it swap the aurora for the mustang as neither have much going for them but at least the mustang is pretty Here's a nice pic of itvampire-bat-web.jpg
So, uhhh, I might have gotten me a Constellation Andromeda today... yeah...From now on I'll be entitled as a Rear Admiral :D
6bb0668c0d.jpg
No more oh captain my captain?

Only just got the game :3 Just sent an application to the conglomerate, still downloading, but I got an Aurora :S

I would go for Engineering and Merchanting

Me: Computer Engineer. Geek. Nerd.

[Educational] Computer Architecture: Computer Memory Hierarchy

[Educational] Computer Architecture:  What is SSE/AVX? (SIMD)

Only just got the game :3 Just sent an application to the conglomerate, still downloading, but I got an Aurora :S

I would go for Engineering and Merchanting

The Aurora is fine, its a good first ship and if you look at the price of it plus what you get its a bargain for basicly 2 games

Also welcome.

Edit: just checked the leaderboard 1144 on battle royale yay! Vanduul swarm coop doesn't show up though, our best player has put almost 20 hrs in!

It may seem so in the beginning, but Freelancer might be a great money maker in the first months of the game. The bigger ships will cost way more in terms of fuel / crew salaries and will also require lots of money to buy your cargo so that you can sell it somewhere with a profit. Also bigger ships will be a bigger targets for pirates who want to get rich fast.

Therefore I'm not melting my Freelancer even though I have bigger stuff in the garage.