LTT Conglomerate main discussion thread

I must have gotten lucky because I have had no problems with my X55. Bought it a few months ago and use it fairly regularly, nothing broken so far and I have changed the spring enough times to find the 'sweet spot' that if anything the was going to break it should have. My only issue has been with the software and windows 8.1 - sometimes the joystick software doesn't see the sticks even if windows does say they are there; unplug/plug or reboot fixes that and even if the X55 software doesn't see the sticks the still work in Star Citizen.

Man all this talk about flight sticks makes me wish I had one :P

But a quick question. Does anyone know about AMD's never settle thing what ship you get with SC? Or do you get a choice?

The year is 20XX. Everyone plays Fox at TAS levels of perfection. Because of this, the winner of a match depends solely on port priority. The RPS metagame has evolved to ridiculous levels due to it being the only remaining factor to decide matches.

Only Abate, Axe, and Wobbles can save us.

Man all this talk about flight sticks makes me wish I had one :P

But a quick question. Does anyone know about AMD's never settle thing what ship you get with SC? Or do you get a choice?

Racing mustang mate, seems pointless to me

At @CatCloud has two?

Racing mustang mate, seems pointless to me At @CatCloud has two?

It all depends how much "racing" they make it. Think of a Ford Fiesta. A basic fiesta just drives but if you look at the WRC version...;)

Racing mustang mate, seems pointless to me At @CatCloud has two?

gave one to a friend so he can play SC :D still not in the hangar though :(

It all depends how much "racing" they make it. Think of a Ford Fiesta. A basic fiesta just drives but if you look at the WRC version... ;)

Ford Fucus > Fiesta

Dammit I wasn't going to buy one because of the lemons but now I'm wondering if the troubles are over exaggerated!

Ill keep you up to date on how it is, but honestly most people bitch about the Software...Saitek/Madcatz was never good at software to begin with and honestly i´ve used there stuff for years and i never let it bother me. i still have my Freaking Cyborg Saitek V3 Keyboard (Gathering Dust) http://www.cyborggaming.com/imgs/v7keymain2.png

well i'm wondering about how is targeting handled with a joystick. you can't compete with a mouse imo. i don't think joystick is an advantage for dogfighting if you have mobile weapons. if your weapons are fixed then there is no problem i guess. i think joysticks will be useful with ships like connie or so. where you only fly the ship and maybe lock on missiles and other players use turrets. and i think they somehow have to fix this(dunno maybe auto targeting?) since this will be more like a space sim instead of "battlefield space edition"

It´s down to each person, some people will just flat out be better at one controller method over another, ESPECIALLY with practice!

One thing you have to understand it is Yes  aiming is better with Mouse, But your not moving your ship alot so you'll be a easy target.

Also if i remember correctly you can set your gun to "fixed" with KB/M by pressing something...CTRL+F ? i cant remember...

It all depends how much "racing" they make it. Think of a Ford Fiesta. A basic fiesta just drives but if you look at the WRC version...;)

Yeah I get it.

Eurgh fiestas, I've seen enough of them today.

WRC fiesta vs a lancia stratos, probably close on performance today (probably) but I'd prefer the Stratos

Yeah I get it.

Eurgh fiestas, I've seen enough of them today.

WRC fiesta vs a lancia stratos, probably close on performance today (probably) but I'd prefer the Stratos

Fairlady 280ZX > All cars :D

JUST LOOK AT IT!

EB417-280ZX-black-front.JPG

It should say Datsun but ohwell Nissan =/= Datsun

Fairlady 280ZX > All cars :D

JUST LOOK AT IT!

EB417-280ZX-black-front.JPG

It should say Datsun but ohwell Nissan =/= Datsun

I second that though I love the AE86

I second that though I love the AE86

Yeah that one is great as well :)

And the classic Delorean 

http://cinemajaw.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/delorean_wallpaper_1.jpg

and the good old Lamborghini 88 <3

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6126/5976078836_66a187bcb8_o.jpg?width=1280&height=1080

X55 Update: Ejecting from the ship works! Yey!! :D 

as a note, the amd mustangs are in the hangars if you've gotten the code from amd

as a note, the amd mustangs are in the hangars if you've gotten the code from amd

The models where in the last patch

Defo trading in my aurora when they give us the choice

Its out !?!?!? but my code has not arived from AMD yet.....

Edit> well its on the AMD website...guess they are just slow...ok ill give some feedback in a min.

Its out !?!?!? but my code has not arived from AMD yet.....

Edit> well its on the AMD website...guess they are just slow...ok ill give some feedback in a min.

They seem to release the codes in batches. 

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/186755/the-mustang-cig-amd-some-facts-cig-response/p3

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Ok i took 3 screenshots on it,

hkJqioq.png

Ngrc3ET.pngdTyv0f1.png

i tried to take on in the cockpit but i could not move my head down to look at the control panel.

I thought these where fake but.. Cockpit view?

Star Citizen - AMD Mustang Racing Variant (Omega): http://youtu.be/SqZ1YSSYjJY

Star Citizen - Mustang - Aeroview Hangar (Animati…: http://youtu.be/0IaYQFTswwk

I thought these where fake but.. Cockpit view?

I don't think anything AnythingFPS posts about Star Citizen in fake :D

Pearl takes all of the models out of the engine.

Oh, they show the cockpit....great, then i dont have to hehe

:( But I use your screenshots as my desktop pictures, the joystick remind me of an old thrust master set I had.

Which reminds me you m50, when you where using the Gatling guns on it they didn't gimbal because they are class 1 gun points right?

The gun testing thingy has a gun point that gimbals and APPARENTLY fits anything to anything

btw you might notice it in the video but the big difference on those Two ships is that the AMD Racer has a 3:Rd engine instead of a cargo box and its missing the Front "turret"

@rentaspoon possible, well i cant use them anymore because the gattlings are Class 2 and M50 is limited to Class 1, i guess it was a bug.
Still got the Laser Repeaters so thats cool :D but the stock laser cannons are still nice.

Edit: i was thinking of retaking my screenshots ones i figured out how to take them with fullscreen, printscreen button on fullscreen only gives me a black screen. :/ 

1080p in windowed mode makes them look jaggy as hell..

btw you might notice it in the video but the big difference on those Two ships is that the AMD Racer has a 3:Rd engine instead of a cargo box and its missing the Front "turret"@rentaspoon possible, well i cant use them anymore because the gattlings are Class 2 and M50 is limited to Class 1, i guess it was a bug.Still got the Laser Repeaters so thats cool :D but the stock laser cannons are still nice.
Our resident Jeremy Clarkson ladies and gents.. I hadn't even noticed it.Apparently that gun point is a class 2 that fits class 1 due to it's class being set to N/A but haven't tried it yet
I don't think anything AnythingFPS posts about Star Citizen in fake :DPearl takes all of the models out of the engine.
I've seen a couple of people finish the models with their own textures, the and racing looks so clean it looked out of place.I want a mustang nowEdit: oh god it has a giant R9! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I've seen a couple of people finish the models with their own textures, the and racing looks so clean it looked out of place. I want a mustang now Edit: oh god it has a giant R9! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Okay, that's right. Pearl makes the hangars and environments in the videos from scratch, but the ship models are all from the engine. They might have had some touch-up in terms of lighting, but they should be as CIG made them. 

Here is another one, not sure how this came to be though, maybe its a Nvidia thing. (changed GPU)

sKXV1J1.png

It's a bird, it's a plane! No, it's Batman!

(that looks badass, though)

That better not go on sale this month cos if i missed it i would be pissed

Custom UOLTT skins are on the back burner ATM guys (if you remember)

Issue with cryengine, I'll wait until mods are officially supported, time to play around with UOLTT-TV

I'm still on the fence about succumbing to the allure of one of the yachts when they go on sale this weekend. Someone give me strength! xD

-This space intentionally left blank-