Halo: master chief collection is coming to steam(Disclaimer: this is not a troll)

BlockedTheShot
6 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Oh no, its all on M$.

I just told you how I see it.

Why bash the person telling it how he/she sees it??
What about a bit of empathy??

MCC was one of the last reasons to get the console, without any exclusives, its a useless box that doesn't make much sense.

Because if I can play it on PC anyway, why play it on Console?!

Yeah? What else is there?!
Halo was one of the few things that remained on the Box...

Good for you! So if that is not for you, why attack me?

Just because I have a different oppionion?

...wich are also on PC and also run with 60fps all the time there, wich is useful for t hat game as it is a relatively fast paced one...

And what about the XBox??
You wasted 300-550€ for the One X??

It isn't right now, at least for my region...

I looked...

Yeah, great. Another "positive" note...

What else is there to burn down? 
There is hardly anything left on the XBox side to burn down - they already burned everything down.

And the XBox 360 was such a nice console and sold about the same as the Sony Playstation 3. M$ was in an exceptional position to rule over the console market. But no, they had to destroy it - with shitty hardware and a bundle that nobody wants, while beeing more expensive than the other side.

And also more restrictive with their DRM/Copy Protection stufff...

Honestly I mostly use my xbox as a 4k blueray player. Also use it for streaming 4k content as well because I cant do so on my PC because of DRM. 

25 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

It's a Steam version. No way to upgrade your Xbox One copy to the PC version.

They are releasing on the Microsoft Store AND Steam. If Xbox Play Anywhere is anything to go by then owning a digital copy of the game on Xbox will become a Play Anywhere version on the Microsoft Store, and thus be available on PC once it's released.

I doubt you'll be able to transfer a current digital copy to Steam though.

Still, I'm happy. I own a hard copy of the game for Xbox, therefore already have DLC purchases on the Microsoft Store. I bought the digital version this morning on the Microsoft Store feeling very confident I'll be able to play it on my PC when the time comes.

12 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Honestly I mostly use my xbox as a 4k blueray player.

Same here.

12 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Also use it for streaming 4k content as well because I cant do so on my PC because of DRM.

You can always just download 4k content on your PC instead of stream. Ridiculous file size but it's worth it if you have a 4k monitor.

7 minutes ago, Daiyus said:

They are releasing on the Microsoft Store AND Steam. If Xbox Play Anywhere is anything to go by then owning a digital copy of the game on Xbox will become a Play Anywhere version on the Microsoft Store, and thus be available on PC once it's released.

Of course. But like you said...

Exactamundo.

Still, I'm happy. I own a hard copy of the game for Xbox, therefore already have DLC purchases on the Microsoft Store. I bought the digital version this morning on the Microsoft Store feeling very confident I'll be able to play it on my PC when the time comes.

Whatever floats your boat. You won't be able to play that version on Steam. Not that it matters. It does matter to some people though because they have something against the Microsoft store. What it is they have against it, I still don't know.

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Same here.

You can always just download 4k content on your PC instead of stream. Ridiculous file size but it's worth it if you have a 4k monitor.

Of course. But like you said...

Exactamundo.

Whatever floats your boat. You won't be able to play that version on Steam. Not that it matters. It does matter to some people though because they have something against the Microsoft store. What it is they have against it, I still don't know.

Honestly i only knew of this yesterday when i saw the R20 bench drop. I will get the digital version most like and wait till it drops too.

My Current Build: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/36jXwh

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

10 minutes ago, Daiyus said:

So you bought yours through the Microsoft store and it should be available on PC for you? Sorry for a painful stupid question, i haven't owned an XBOX since the 360. Would rely appropriate some help in clearing this up.

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 3600X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO XT | Motherboard: Asus - STRIX X370-F GAMING | RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 2x8Gb DDR4 @3000MHz | GPU: Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11 GB AORUS XTREME Video Card | Storage: Samsung - 860 EVO 250GB M.2-2280 - Sandisk SSD 240GB - Sandisk SSD 1TB - WD Blue 4TB| PSU: Corsair RM (2019) 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | Case: Corsair - Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB SE ATX Mid Tower Case | System Fans: Corsair - ML120 PRO RGB 47.3 CFM 120mm x 4 & Corsair - ML140 PRO RGB 55.4 CFM 140mm x 2 | Display: Samsung KS9000 |Keyboard: Logitech - G613 | Mouse: Logitech - G703 | Operating System: Windows 10 Pro

20 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

You know it, if only everyone else did. I prefer to use Microsoft Rewards because for one it's a breeze and two, I've already earned enough points to get 8 years of 1-year codes absolutely free. Just redeemed one in February. Even though I rarely use a console. I do it to gather all the free games on the 1st and 16th of the month for the most part.

I need to get around to doing that myself.   Curious, it is just for Gold or can the rewards be redeem for Game Pass as well?

Edit:  Well, found a guide.  O sweet!  Game Pass can be redeem for as well. 

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

3 minutes ago, Bravo1cc said:

So you bought yours through the Microsoft store and it should be available on PC for you? Sorry for a painful stupid question, i haven't owned an XBOX since the 360. Would rely appropriate some help in clearing this up.

Microsoft recently started the "play anywhere" branding which means, any games bought on a Xbox live account with that branding will have access to the game on PC and Xbox.

https://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/xbox-play-anywhere

Also I don't think the "steam" version is a real steam versions, its going to be like how ubisoft sells games on steam, you buy it on steam but it still needs uplay and a uplay account.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

12 hours ago, Master Delta Chief said:

It's unlikely you will require a subscription for playing online on PC. Same thing for Halo Wars 1 and 2. Both do not require Xbox Live Gold for multiplayer.

Quick edit: Nothing so far in the official post on Halo Waypoint says that you require it so. The only thing it's purpose is probably for is to be connected with your friends over at Xbox and so forth. 

That's good news - apparently 343 have confirmed a XBL Silver (Free) account account is required for PC Multiplayer, but not the Gold (paid) subscription.

11 hours ago, poochyena said:

Halo on PC isn't too surprising to me since we've had many halo games on PC already. I'm more surprised that its actually on steam and not windows store or whatever.

"Many" isn't exactly true, but yes, we've been getting a few of them.

11 hours ago, IAmAndre said:

Never heard of them. Will definitely check them out.

Only Halo Wars (1 and 2) and Halo 5 Forge are official, from what he listed. And Halo 5 Forge isn't even the full game - it's kind of like a sandbox map builder that you can then fight in.

11 hours ago, Stefan Payne said:

Great work, Microsoft!
You really know how to piss off Customers who bought the Xbox One - and already had some bad experience with it (=can't buy 360 games with the Money in your M$ Account on XBox One/Windows).

And now you steal the only reason to get an XBox in the first place - awesome job!

Anyway, I hope there is a Windows Store version and a way to upgrade my Digital XBox One Copy to the PC Version...

It's already been confirmed that it will release on the Windows Store. Will is the key word - the PC version will take some time before it shows up (And it'll be released starting with Reach, then in chronological order after that).

If you already own a digital copy of MCC on Xbox One, then once the port to Windows Store is finished, you'll just have access to it.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

13 hours ago, BlockedTheShot said:

This is for real, https://store.steampowered.com/app/976730/Halo_The_Master_Chief_Collection/

With this game coming out for pc. I am super excited for it and really want to play it.  In fact, the lack of halo on xbox one(back in 2014) and other good exclusives was the reason why I moved to pc. I that too much to ask for?

395713216_Screenshot(132).thumb.png.7f3f30a16fb0876b3fe6e3c176127312.png

I mean i know it requires xbox live, but still. *Crosses fingers it doesn't go to epic store*

Chief, what are you doing on that hype train?

Chief: Sir, finishing this fight.

13 minutes ago, Ithanul said:

I need to get around to doing that myself.   Curious, it is just for Gold or can the rewards be redeem for Game Pass as well?

Edit:  Well, found a guide.  O sweet!  Game Pass can be redeem for as well. 

Yep yep. You can also earn store credit in general. Which you can use to buy games. I don't do it because I rarely play on console but if you mainly play on console you best sign up. When you first start doing it, it seems like it would take forever to earn points but after a couple of months, you learn how to earn points like it's nothing.

1 minute ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Yep yep. You can also earn store credit in general. Which you can use to buy games. I don't do it because I rarely play on console but if you mainly play on console you best sign up. When you first start doing it, it seems like it would take forever to earn points but after a couple of months, you learn how to earn points like it's nothing.

I notice that from the guide I found.  It got a few tips on how to do fast searches and other tricks. Plus, it shows break down of how many points are given out for certain tasks.

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

1 hour ago, The Benjamins said:

That's not how Xbox Live works on PC's for many years. All Cross Pay games require the use of a Xbox Live account to play online, but it does not have to be Xbox Live Gold (paid) it can be Silver (free).

That's how Forza and gears works today.

I haven't played either of those titles on PC yet, and since Microsoft pushes the subscription service hardcore, I would assume they would need some cash forked over on the PC side of things before I'd seen otherwise. If that's how other titles work, and it stays that way into the future, I can see myself never sitting in front of an Xbox ever again.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

59 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

That's not how Xbox Live works on PC's for many years. All Cross Pay games require the use of a Xbox Live account to play online, but it does not have to be Xbox Live Gold (paid) it can be Silver (free).

That's how Forza and gears works today.

This, afaik pc games have never required gold. Anyway the Devs already responded on Twitter and confirmed silver was all that was needed

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

Snip

On the point about unlocking FPS, don't be so confident.

Historically the reason it's been impossible to unlock FPS is because devs used to be very keen on tieing physics to FPS which means unlocking FPS means making the physics go wonky, sometimes in hilarious ways.

Unfortunately this is normally a restriction at the engine level so unless the devs have rewritten the entire engine it might still be the case that forcing increased FPS also breaks the game.

Iirc Halo 2 on PC was locked to 60 because of physics.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

3 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

I haven't played either of those titles on PC yet, and since Microsoft pushes the subscription service hardcore, I would assume they would need some cash forked over on the PC side of things before I'd seen otherwise. If that's how other titles work, and it stays that way into the future, I can see myself never sitting in front of an Xbox ever again.

Its also been confirmed on https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/mcc-pc-halo-reach

but its been like this since Shadowrun in 2007

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

20 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Microsoft recently started the "play anywhere" branding which means, any games bought on a Xbox live account with that branding will have access to the game on PC and Xbox.

Also I don't think the "steam" version is a real steam versions, its going to be like how ubisoft sells games on steam, you buy it on steam but it still needs uplay and a uplay account.

Thanks for answering that one.

I also very much get the impression that both versions of the game and the Microsoft Store are gearing up for for a re-structuring:

• Currently you can only buy the game as part the "Digital Bundle" on the Microsoft Store, but it only has one component, the base Xbox One game which includes all the games except ODST and Reach.
  • The Xbox version of the game has been structured to allow you to install individual components.
  • The PC version will be released, and charged for, on a game by game basis.

I'm expecting that the "Digital Bundle" will have multiple components that can also be bought individually for the PC release with current Xbox owners being upgraded to own all the base game modules. Current owners of ODST will get that module too. After the PC release the pricing structure of the Xbox version could match the PC one, with Xbox owners being able to pay for and install all the games from the start, while PC players have to wait until each game is ready.

Seeing how Microsoft has been the showrunner on Halo for.. What seven years now? I think it's interesting that this wasn't just happening on release with Halo.

1 hour ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

1. You will NOT need Xbox Live to play ANY Steam game.

2. Xbox Live is FREE through Microsoft Rewards(approximately 1 minute and 45 seconds of 50 Bing searches a day).

3. What's wrong with the Epic Games store?(even though it's going to Steam)

4. Good luck dealing with modders.(if you need help with this, talk to any veteran GTA 5 online player, we know all the tricks)

epic store is a gimped version of steam with no features and they buy exclusivity from devs who had advertised on steam and gog..thats whats wrong with them(Phoenix point being the latest game to do this). The only reason it can afford 12% is the fortnite dollars rolling in

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

42 minutes ago, Master Disaster said:

On the point about unlocking FPS, don't be so confident. Historically the reason it's been impossible to unlock FPS is because devs used to be very keen on tieing physics to FPS which means unlocking FPS means making the physics go wonky, sometimes in hilarious ways. Unfortunately this is normally a restriction at the engine level so unless the devs have rewritten the entire engine it might still be the case that forcing increased FPS also breaks the game. Iirc Halo 2 on PC was locked to 60 because of physics.

This happened with Skyrim. In the beginning anyway. Over time, people almost always figure it out. I limit my fps in Skyrim to 105. Which works flawlessly for me. I'd take 105 fps over 60 all day long. It's what I mostly game at because my CPU and RAM limit my fps in more demanding titles. Which I'm fine with. The sweet spot is 90-120 fps nowadays. That's when the wow factor kicks in from my experience. I'm confident that the community can get this MCC to run above and beyond 60 fps on PC. Sure once you try to go around 144 fps the physics might get wonky. However, you'd be surprised what people are capable of.

21 minutes ago, DesolationGod said:

epic store is a gimped version of steam with no features and they buy exclusivity from devs who had advertised on steam and gog..thats whats wrong with them(Phoenix point being the latest game to do this). The only reason it can afford 12% is the fortnite dollars rolling in

For one, what features from Steam are exactly desirable? The refund policy is a great feature but I haven't exactly spent a dime on the Epic Games store. And even if I did, when I buy a game, I pay a price in which I wouldn't even think about ever wanting a refund.

I find nothing wrong with playing games on Epic. Sure it seems the quality of the most recent games being given away for free is going down, but only time will tell if that will be a continued trend(which I have already been speculating). However, the games are free. I might complain but I won't give up on Epic out of the blue.

I might give up on Epic if the games become wonky with fps dips or something and are not fixed. Performance is what matters most and so far, the games I've gotten from Epic have performed in an epic way. And over 90% of them have been "epic games" imo. Ya' gotta give credit where credit is due. So far at least.

I don't even like Fortnite that much and look at how epic it has been. Like you said, been rolling in the dollars for them for quite some time now.

25 minutes ago, Dr. Historic Low said:

For one, what features from Steam are exactly desirable? The refund policy is a great feature but I haven't exactly spent a dime on the Epic Games store. And even if I did, when I buy a game, I pay a price in which I wouldn't even think about ever wanting a refund.

I find nothing wrong with playing games on Epic. Sure it seems the quality of the most recent games being given away for free is going down, but only time will tell if that will be a continued trend(which I have already been speculating). However, the games are free. I might complain but I won't give up on Epic out of the blue.

I might give up on Epic if the games become wonky with fps dips or something and are not fixed. Performance is what matters most and so far, the games I've gotten from Epic have performed in an epic way. And over 90% of them have been "epic games" imo. Ya' gotta give credit where credit is due. So far at least.

I don't even like Fortnite that much and look at how epic it has been. Like you said, been rolling in the dollars for them for quite some time now.

epic only has 1 game worth a damn, thats fortnite... the games on epic store  are not from epic, they merely buy their exclusivity so they only launch there. And game performance has nothing to do with a store front.  As for features, epic store has no wishlist(that i could find) no forums, user reviews, user profiles, mod support in the way of workshop like feature all of which i find pretty useful. Only now i read they just added cloud saving which is a basic feature at this point that should of been in from launch.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5700x  (evga 240 AIO cooling)
PBO Settings:
Boost Override CPU: +200
CO: -17 all core
PPT: 140
TDC:  110
EDC: 150
Scalar: Auto

Mobo: Asrock x570 steel legend wifi ax

GPU: asrock challenger 7800xt 16 gb

Ram: 32 gb @3600 mhz

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C White

PSU: Seasonic Focus GX-1000

Storage: 1tb Samsung 860 ssd, 1tb nvme, 2tb Hitachi HDD, 3tb HDD for media

Display: Samsung 27" CHG70 1440p QLED Monitor

30 minutes ago, DesolationGod said:

epic only has 1 game worth a damn, thats fortnite... the games on epic store  are not from epic, they merely buy their exclusivity so they only launch there. And game performance has nothing to do with a store front.  As for features, epic store has no wishlist(that i could find) no forums, user reviews, user profiles, mod support in the way of workshop like feature all of which i find pretty useful. Only now i read they just added cloud saving which is a basic feature at this point that should of been in from launch.

I know that exclusivity can seem anti-consumer, but in this case? What Epic is doing is pretty much the only way a new entrant can get into the ecosystem at this point.

Consider this: If Epic didn't include exclusive games, why would you ever choose them over Steam? Consumers are lazy fucks. They don't even want to buy games on different platforms, even if a different platform is better. Steam has become over many years the Go To platform - MOSTLY because they were simply first to do it.

Now, does Epic Store need more features? Hell yes. But they're far ahead of where Steam was when it was first released.

Epic Store definitely has some improvements to make (As does Steam, for that matter), but they're simply not going to be around if they can't get people onto their platform. To build that initial userbase, they basically have to resort to timed exclusives.

That is, unless you want Steam to remain the de facto monopoly?

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 hour ago, DesolationGod said:

What's wrong with Unreal Tournament, Subnautica, What Remains of Edith Finch, Axiom Verge, Thimbleweed Park, Super Meat Boy, Slime Rancher(looks decent) and Oxenfree? I paid $0.00 for all these games and thoroughly enjoy them immensely. I haven't played Slime Rancher yet but I will get around to it eventually. I own them because Epic Games exists. And game performance definitely matters when it comes to playing on certain launchers. I dunno about you but I like for my games to play almost flawlessly.

A wishlist? Are you kidding me? What makes it so difficult to copy and paste the name of a game into a notepad on your PC? It ain't goin' nowhere. Simply copy and paste it into Google in the future and voila, it's the first link that pops up. Forums? Hmm... That could be a useful feature. Not something I'd expect Epic to have early on but definitely a good idea right there. As for user profiles, that's not exactly something I'm interested in early on either. Just a basic profile picture is really all they need to implement... eventually.

Mod support? This one seems a bit complicated if you ask me. And might be something a company like Epic may not want involved with their games because there could be risk involved with this. Like the minds of the modders themselves. If I were a Fortnite player, I certainly wouldn't want modders to be involved in my game. Then I may NEVER play it.

Epic is fairly new. You're not exactly gonna have all the features Steam has from the get-go. To me, what matters most is the quality of the games on the Epic store. And quite frankly, for the most part, when you scroll through all of Epics games, none of them look like this... Basketball Hoop.

This is the first PC release I've actually been excited about in a long time!

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

For those that are thinking that the MCC on Steam will have mod support through the workshop, don't put much hope for it. It's unlikely that mod support will be added through the workshop since it will also be available on the Windows Store. It'll most likely be mods that you have to manually add to your install directory. 

Desktops

- The specifications of my almighty machine:

MB: MSI Z370-A Pro || CPU: Intel Core i3 8350K 4.00 GHz || RAM: 20GB DDR4  || GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX1070 || Storage: 1TB HDD & 250GB HDD  & 128GB x2 SSD || OS: Windows 10 Pro & Ubuntu 21.04

2 hours ago, dalekphalm said:

I know that exclusivity can seem anti-consumer, but in this case? What Epic is doing is pretty much the only way a new entrant can get into the ecosystem at this point.

Consider this: If Epic didn't include exclusive games, why would you ever choose them over Steam? Consumers are lazy fucks. They don't even want to buy games on different platforms, even if a different platform is better. Steam has become over many years the Go To platform - MOSTLY because they were simply first to do it.

Now, does Epic Store need more features? Hell yes. But they're far ahead of where Steam was when it was first released.

Epic Store definitely has some improvements to make (As does Steam, for that matter), but they're simply not going to be around if they can't get people onto their platform. To build that initial userbase, they basically have to resort to timed exclusives.

That is, unless you want Steam to remain the de facto monopoly?

No kidding, I mentioned the MMC coming to PC over on Discord channel I'm in.

Someone went complain about wanting a Halo Wars 2 port.  Told them it is available for PC through the Microsoft Store.  Said person than just says if not on Steam, they don't care.  :I 

Seems some folks gotten to the point if they don't see a game on Steam.  It don't exist for PC.  No wonder why other online PC game stores have a up hill battle at times.  

4 hours ago, The Benjamins said:

I see, well that's awesome. I think I'll just pick it up now. I'm sure the pricing will be the same in the end.