Intel buying out AMD rumors

Fasauceome
Just now, SlimyPython said:

Though not desktops or gaming laptops... right?... right?... Im kinda worried here, Right?

Yes in Desktop, and quite possibly gaming laptops.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

How would it work if both co's are multi-national companies. They could literally merge in Kenya since there are no laws there, yet still sell in USA/Can/Aus/Russia where if they were there they could not.

Who let this be a thread, pls delet dis

MOAR COARS: 5GHz "Confirmed" Black Edition™ The Build
AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

Who let this be a thread, pls delet dis

Sorry man I'll change it if there's something wrong

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, PopReference said:

is it that time of the year again, Another Intel to buy AMD rumor?

yeah, no.

You are right it probably would not happen, but hey speculation can be fun!

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!

why?

1. Only one (unreliable?) source posted this news

2. It's fake, this rumour comes up every few years

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

why?

Just now, fasauceome said:

Sorry man I'll change it if there's something wrong

This will never happen. Ever. To even consider it a rumor is disingenuous.

AMD 5950X 4.7/4.6GHz All Core Dynamic OC + 1900MHz FCLK | 5GHz+ PBO | ASUS X570 Dark Hero | 32 GB 3800MHz 14-15-15-30-48-1T GDM 8GBx4 |  PowerColor AMD Radeon 6900 XT Liquid Devil @ 2700MHz Core + 2130MHz Mem | 2x 480mm Rad | 8x Blacknoise Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-PS Black Edition 120mm PWM | Thermaltake Core P5 TG Ti + Additional 3D Printed Rad Mount

3 minutes ago, PopReference said:

is it that time of the year again, Another Intel to buy AMD rumor?

yeah, no.

Guess I've had those other rumors fly under my radar? Didn't know it was common in the press to push this out.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, S w a t s o n said:

This will never happen. Ever. To even consider it a rumor is disingenuous.

Well I called it a rumor as opposed to a leak because it was pretty unrealistic in my opinion. However, the vast majority of tech news on this site only use one link

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Well I called it a rumor as opposed to a leak because it was pretty unrealistic in my opinion. However, the vast majority of tech news on this site only use one link

Imagine if only verizon and AT&T existed as telecoms and then verizon went to acquire AT&T.

That situation is actually more likely than this by a long shot.

Most likely false, but if it happened, I think the most likely scenario is Intel buying RTG (GPUs) But not the rest of AMD, because buying the CPU part would be blocked if the regulators have any sense in their minds.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle said:

Most likely false, but if it happened, I think the most likely scenario is Intel buying RTG (GPUs) But not the rest of AMD, because buying the CPU part would be blocked if the regulators have any sense in their minds.

They already bought RTG. They got raja and others like chris hook.

Just now, Mihle said:

if the regulators have any sense in their minds.

That's a big if.

Or rather, more sense in their minds than money in their pockets.

Primary PC:

Just now, Mihle said:

With all the people leaving AMD's GPU division for Intel, practically feels like they are.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"

1 minute ago, Mira Yurizaki said:

If Intel wanted to buy AMD, they would've done so 9 years ago.

They probably didn't want to buy 9 years ago, hot off the FX launch.

And I mean hot.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, S w a t s o n said:

Imagine if only verizon and AT&T existed as telecoms and then verizon went to acquire AT&T

Verizon and AT&T are both giants though. AMD isn't even 1/10th the size of Intel IIRC, and Intel has a lot to gain from buying them now that they're trying to get into the dGPU market. Plus I'm sure Intel's engineers would love to get their hands on that Zen 2 chiplet design.

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

1 minute ago, S w a t s o n said:

They already bought RTG. They got raja and others like chris hook.

No only the people are.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Just now, Mihle said:

No.

.... yes

Just now, System32.exe said:

Verizon and AT&T are both giants though. AMD isn't even 1/10th the size of Intel IIRC, and Intel has a lot to gain from buying them now that they're trying to get into the dGPU market.

you think AMD being smaller than intel will mean that the entire world is ok with only one cpu supplier existing? lmfao

Intel would only buy AMD's graphics division.  Their other businesses are of no value/consequence to Intel, because Intel already has complete market dominance in those areas.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

Just now, AnonymousGuy said:

Intel would only buy AMD's graphics division.  Their other businesses are of no value/consequence to Intel, because Intel already has complete market dominance in those areas.

I don't really feel like Intel has the confidence in their 10nm node not to want a piece of that sweet Zen 2 action.

Primary PC:

Just now, fasauceome said:

I don't really feel like Intel has the confidence in their 10nm node not to want a piece of that sweet Zen 2 action.

Then they'd probably just cave and start buying from TSMC like AMD. I feel like they haven't because they do have confidence in their node.

"uhhhhhhhhhh yeah id go with the 2600 its a good value for the money"