dog thread

LukeSavenije
5 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Some silly photos. (Olivia cut her foot about a week ago, hence the bandage. Will be fine just needs time to heel.)

couldn't find the bandage. Then realized there where multiple photos.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

I've started trying to put a balm for soothing cracked pads/nose on Dink's, I can get the 2 front paws done before she's bored/had enough... it's non-toxic/not tested on animals etc, and it can actually heal it too (or so it claims). I'll let you know if it works.

Please quote my post, or put @paddy-stone if you want me to respond to you.

Spoiler
  • PCs:- 
  • Main PC build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/2K6Q7X
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  • Lenovo G50 - 8Gb RAM - Samsung 860 Evo 250GB SSD - DVD writer
  •  
  • Displays:-
  • Philips 55 OLED 754 model
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  • Philips 24" 1080p monitor as backup
  •  
  • Storage/NAS/Servers:-
  • ESXI/test build  https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4wyR9G
  • Main Server https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/3Qftyk
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  • HP ProLiant G6 Server SE316M1 Twin Hex Core Intel Xeon E5645 2.40GHz 48GB RAM
  •  
  • Gaming/Tablets etc:-
  • Xbox One S 500GB + 2TB HDD
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi/Pocafone F2 pro 8GB/256GB
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• Unused Hardware currently :-
  • 4670K MSI mobo 16GB ram
  • i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1060 6GB Amp! edition
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

12 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

IMG_20200325_171656.thumb.jpg.918a815159632a3f46e13db9aa733777.jpg

Heh.... Egg head

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

3 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

Heh.... Egg head

Why not? Oliva is pretty bright.

Then again, the egg may be cooking because she is mad at having that on her head.

5 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

I've started trying to put a balm for soothing cracked pads/nose on Dink's, I can get the 2 front paws done before she's bored/had enough... it's non-toxic/not tested on animals etc, and it can actually heal it too (or so it claims). I'll let you know if it works.

I never had a problem with our dogs getting cracked pads or nose. I live in a hot, dry climate. The dogs that lived outside acclimated to the climate. The first two indoor dogs didn't seem to have problems going outside although, during the summer, we didn't take them out until after dusk when the pavement had cooled down.

The last indoor dog, a small poodle, while technically my ex's dog, was also my walking buddy. During the summer, we wouldn't take our walks, which were often as much as five miles long, until after dark when the pavement wasn't as hot. My rule of thumb was, if it was too hot for my bare feet (I rarely went barefooot so my feet weren't tough), it was too hot for the dog. Still, I've watched that poodle walk on pavement during the heat of the day when we let him out to take care of business. He had pretty tough pads for such a small dog, especially an indoor dog.

I once went on a hike with my Church hiking group in the Superstition mountains. One of the women in the group brought her Springer Spaniel with us. On the way back, the poor dog's pads became too sore to continue on. None of the big, health men in our group offered to help with the dog. She had carpooled with me so I wound up carrying that fifty pound living (and squirming) boat anchor out myself (funny how he kept getting 25 lb. heavier with each mile).

When I got her and the dog home, I had to carry him into her home. Once we got him fed and watered, we started to go out and get us something to eat and darned if the the big goof didn't try to hobble to the door to go with us! Note that I said try; he stayed behind. 

My poodle walking buddy would often be worn out after an especially long walk (I was always prepared to have to carry him home but he always seemed to do just fine and preferred walking). When we got home, he would head for the kitchen, drain his water dish, then went into the living room and literally fall on to the plush carpet. But, if I even made a move for the door, the little bugger was on his feet raring to go.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

19 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

SNIP!

It's not the pavements being hot, it's like 11C here at the hottest part of the day... and today was a NICE day, we washed the car etc it was warm enough :D

Our Henry, and other dogs I know/knew of, nearly all of them had some cracked pads at least. She's not bothered by them, it's not painful for her, they are only superficially cracked if you know what I mean? 

I just want to limit how bad they get, keep her healthy and whole, all that jazz.. or at least try anyway. It's a VERY common problem.

Spoiler
  • ASUS x53e  - i7 2670QM / Sony BD writer x8 / Win 10, Elemetary OS, Ubuntu/ Samsung 830 SSD
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  • Backup server - HP Proliant Gen 8 4 bay NAS running FreeNAS ZFS striped 3x3TiB WD reds
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

2 hours ago, paddy-stone said:

It's not the pavements being hot, it's like 11C here at the hottest part of the day... and today was a NICE day, we washed the car etc it was warm enough :D

Our Henry, and other dogs I know/knew of, nearly all of them had some cracked pads at least. She's not bothered by them, it's not painful for her, they are only superficially cracked if you know what I mean? 

I just want to limit how bad they get, keep her healthy and whole, all that jazz.. or at least try anyway. It's a VERY common problem.

I'm not saying you shouldn't want to take care of their cracked pads; you are to be commended for doing so. I was just pointing out that are furry friends (fiends?) never had that problem despite being in a bone dry climate where the temperature is a wee bit warmer than where you are (it's been known to get up to 49C).

Mayhap it's an allergy (food or contact) causing the cracks? Or it's too humid where you are at? I've never seen a dog with nose cracking but, then again, we live practically on opposite parts of the planet.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

17 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm not saying you shouldn't want to take care of their cracked pads; you are to be commended for doing so. I was just pointing out that are furry friends (fiends?) never had that problem despite being in a bone dry climate where the temperature is a wee bit warmer than where you are (it's been known to get up to 49C).

Mayhap it's an allergy (food or contact) causing the cracks? Or it's too humid where you are at? I've never seen a dog with nose cracking but, then again, we live practically on opposite parts of the planet.

Sorry if you thought I was being defensive, I wasn't. Apparently it can be bad for the dogs if it's either too hot or too cold... I think they should call this "the three bears syndrome" 🤣 - it can also be environmental toxins, excessive wear and tear etc. I think it's the latter with Dink, she's a "digger" for sure, every day we have to tell her to stop digging, and I've had to chase her away from places also sometimes as she won't listen when she's fixated, usually when she's seen a bug or worm.

Henry had them too, so does Charlie my sisters dog, they never got so bad that they bleed, but they are extremely dry and rough to the touch... I know they should be so to an extent, as they need to deal with some tough conditions, but they shouldn't be cracked IMO.. so just will try to apply this lotion when I can (when she'll let me I mean,lol).

She was really happy to see me when I got up today... I had to go to bed early yesterday as I'd been up for about 32+ hours at that point. She made sure I got my morning wash of my entire face and head 🤣 then it was play-time for an hour or so, consisting of her bringing me a ball or a tug-toy, interspersed with bouts of wrestling - she's a high energy dog mostly, loves her play time... she does get moody when she does want to sleep though, and moves away from you if she doesn't want to cuddle or play, LOL. She had been spending her day with my mum until I got up, so was in the mood for games by the time I got up, my mum likes her to lay down most of the time. Not that she's mean to her of course, just that mum was so used to Henry that loved to just lay there and have a snooze most of the day... mum does have a game with her with a ball, and outside in the garden with a football (proper football I mean, not that trash you guys have in the US - j/k) 🤣

Mum is getting on now at 85 years old, but she's still quite active for her years, which is good. She's a bit peeved with all this Coronavirus stuff going on as she most likely won't be able to go on her cruise with my sisters now, which was supposed to be in June. She's having to self-isolate and not go out into public at all, as she has under-lying health issues same as I do too. So she's going a little stir-rcrazy ATM too.

Hope everyone is playing it safe according to your needs in these trying times.

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

Sorry if you thought I was being defensive, I wasn't. Apparently it can be bad for the dogs if it's either too hot or too cold... I think they should call this "the three bears syndrome" 🤣 - it can also be environmental toxins, excessive wear and tear etc. I think it's the latter with Dink, she's a "digger" for sure, every day we have to tell her to stop digging, and I've had to chase her away from places also sometimes as she won't listen when she's fixated, usually when she's seen a bug or worm.

Henry had them too, so does Charlie my sisters dog, they never got so bad that they bleed, but they are extremely dry and rough to the touch... I know they should be so to an extent, as they need to deal with some tough conditions, but they shouldn't be cracked IMO.. so just will try to apply this lotion when I can (when she'll let me I mean,lol).

She was really happy to see me when I got up today... I had to go to bed early yesterday as I'd been up for about 32+ hours at that point. She made sure I got my morning wash of my entire face and head 🤣 then it was play-time for an hour or so, consisting of her bringing me a ball or a tug-toy, interspersed with bouts of wrestling - she's a high energy dog mostly, loves her play time... she does get moody when she does want to sleep though, and moves away from you if she doesn't want to cuddle or play, LOL. She had been spending her day with my mum until I got up, so was in the mood for games by the time I got up, my mum likes her to lay down most of the time. Not that she's mean to her of course, just that mum was so used to Henry that loved to just lay there and have a snooze most of the day... mum does have a game with her with a ball, and outside in the garden with a football (proper football I mean, not that trash you guys have in the US - j/k) 🤣

Mum is getting on now at 85 years old, but she's still quite active for her years, which is good. She's a bit peeved with all this Coronavirus stuff going on as she most likely won't be able to go on her cruise with my sisters now, which was supposed to be in June. She's having to self-isolate and not go out into public at all, as she has under-lying health issues same as I do too. So she's going a little stir-rcrazy ATM too.

Hope everyone is playing it safe according to your needs in these trying times.

zoe's A goof ball too! hope some of it is she's a puppy.

I live in misery USA. my timezone is central daylight time which is either UTC -5 or -4 because the government hates everyone.

into trains? here's the model railroad thread!

1 hour ago, paddy-stone said:

...Apparently it can be bad for the dogs if it's either too hot or too cold... I think they should call this "the three bears syndrome" 🤣 ...

Three Bears Syndrome... snort 🤣  I like that!

Jeannie

Always together

2020-03-26.jpg

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Plz dad, gib fuds?

IMG_20200325_213452.thumb.jpg.a2268f7c4a499924764c3b0ca8e09eaa.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

11 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

Plz dad, gib fuds?

IMG_20200325_213452.thumb.jpg.a2268f7c4a499924764c3b0ca8e09eaa.jpg

She is such a cutie!!  😍

I love the looks dogs give us... I can't catch it on camera unfortunately, but if I say "poops?" to Dink in a normal tone of voice, when she looks like she's trying to lead me into the kitchen, she'll come over to me and stand with her face right next to mine, and sometimes pokes me with her nose, or gives me a little kiss" and that means "yes, I do want to go out!!".

If however I say "POOPS!!" to her, she pounces on me, and it's on!! - she loves to wrestle, and she makes these really funny moaning noises, telling me to "shut up, you're annoying me!!" - I can't help but laugh at her 🤣

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

52 minutes ago, paddy-stone said:

I love the looks dogs give us... I can't catch it on camera unfortunately, but if I say "poops?" to Dink in a normal tone of voice, when she looks like she's trying to lead me into the kitchen, she'll come over to me and stand with her face right next to mine, and sometimes pokes me with her nose, or gives me a little kiss" and that means "yes, I do want to go out!!".

If however I say "POOPS!!" to her, she pounces on me, and it's on!! - she loves to wrestle, and she makes these really funny moaning noises, telling me to "shut up, you're annoying me!!" - I can't help but laugh at her 🤣

Yeah, they can have very expressive faces and behaviours, communicating in their own little ways. :) I love it.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

2 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Yeah, they can have very expressive faces and behaviours, communicating in their own little ways. :) I love it.

Their personalities are so varied and distinct in most cases... you'll sometimes get dogs that are raised together have very similar behaviours, but I think that's more to do with who is training them, and learning from each other as well, than their personalities as such. They often play to their audience as well, they don't act the same around different people all the time... they know what they can get away with, and who likes to play a certain way etc. It's like they read our personalities too :D

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

Oh they definitely read our personalities, not to mention our emotions.

Jeannie

3 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Oh they definitely read our personalities, not to mention our emotions.

Where my GF works there's a deaf dog who knows sign language. Freaking adorable.

3 minutes ago, Bitter said:

Where my GF works there's a deaf dog who knows sign language. Freaking adorable.

That’s so awesome!

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

I took a good shot of dink again... forgive the mess, she was bouncing on and off the sofas etc as we were playing indoor fetch (too bloody cold outside right now).

2020-03-28_15_22_35.thumb.jpg.b4f04ba914794780008fd95a7d4de07b.jpg

Spoiler
  •  
  • Panasonic 55" 4k TV
  • LG 29" Ultrawide
  •  
  •  
  • PS4
  • Nvidia Shield TV
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 4

• i7 6700K  b250 mobo
  • Zotac GTX 1050 mini

(sound on) ;)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

These two are totally unrelated but look almost identical. I’ve had the female for 3 years now and the puppy for 2 months. I got both from the humane society shelter. I was worried about bringing a puppy in the house but she took to him immediately and they are constantly with each other. 

25859D6B-1CF7-4CDA-B136-907B549AAF85.jpeg

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Here’s a vid of all 3 dogs playing with a tug. 7 year old Weimaraner/Pointer mix, 3 year old female Pitbull and 3 month old Pitbull puppy 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

3 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

These two are totally unrelated but look almost identical. I’ve had the female for 3 years now and the puppy for 2 months. I got both from the humane society shelter. I was worried about bringing a puppy in the house but she took to him immediately and they are constantly with each other.

Best buds already. :) Love the brindle colouring.

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

HTPC:

Spoiler

Laptops:

Spoiler

NAS:

Spoiler

6 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

Best buds already. :) Love the brindle colouring.

I’m a sucker for brindle pit bulls. Here’s my last female, she lived 14 years. 
Pitbulls are my favorite dog breed. They are so loving and lazy. I’ve had them for about 30 years now and won’t get a different breed. The Weimaraner is my wife’s dog that she got right when we first got together. 

90F1C981-73F8-414B-AA5B-253D2891B7B3.jpeg

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

3 weeks old now! The breeder says Murphy is the largest of this litter.

received_855858338259937[1].jpeg

received_640237266525664[1].jpeg

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro