Mantle Will Boost Performance By 20-50%, Nvidia Can Add Support.

So according to Fudzilla, AMD has finally given a performance boost estimate for using Mantle and it ranges from 20-50%.
This range is quite wide and will largely depend on how CPU-bound the workload typically would be on DX11.

img0043419_1r0d1z.jpg

img0043420_1i8iro.jpg

img0043445_1tle6i.jpg

Johann Andersson, Chief Frosbite 3 Architect at DICE has also claimed that “most Mantle functionality can be supported on today’s modern GPUs” this includes modern Nvidia GPUs.
multivendor.jpg

AMD officials have already hinted at the possibility of allowing their competitors to use Mantle in the future.
AMD continued to re-affirm that their goal with Mantle is to push the industry forward & this includes adding multi-platform support, namely Linux & Mac and also working with competitors to extend the benefits of Mantle to all gamers.
Skip to : 2:20 .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDPgJB2x7dQ&feature=youtu.be&t=2m20s

AMD has stated that Mantle is not tied to any architecture but would require a minimum set of features to be available on the hardware for it to work as intended, these features are already available on all modern GPUs.

The Mantle render pipeline is more efficient than anything else currently available on the market regardless of the hardware used, so while the efficient pipeline is what's responsible for the huge jump in draw calls possible, a lot of the performance benefits of Mantle still come from hardware specific optimizations heavily influenced by AMD's GCN architecture.

So if Nvidia does support Mantle the instant benefit would be the additional draw-calls possible by the more efficient render pipeline which would result in removing any API CPU bottlenecks but a lot of work would still have to be done by Nvidia to implement its own hardware specific optimizations similar to what AMD did for GCN.

The longer Nvidia waits to support Mantle, the more headroom it gives AMD to extend its performance advantage with Mantle, so lets hope Nvidia makes an official statement soon.

20% on ~50FPS is around 10frames, sounds pretty damn good considering we aren't paying anything for it.

20%-50% would allow an R9 280X to match a GTX 780 & an R9 270X to match a GTX 770.

Which is basically a 200 dollars' worth of performance.

:OO please nvidia support it

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

20%-50% would allow an R9 280X to match a GTX 780 & an R9 270X to match a GTX 770.

unless nvidia supported it, then they would be just the same they are now but higher

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

meh. got video proof of frame increase? if not all BS until then

Processor: Intel core i7 930 @3.6  Mobo: Asus P6TSE  GPU: EVGA GTX 680 SC  RAM:12 GB G-skill Ripjaws 2133@1333  SSD: Intel 335 240gb  HDD: Seagate 500gb

Monitors: 2x Samsung 245B  Keyboard: Blackwidow Ultimate   Mouse: Zowie EC1 Evo   Mousepad: Goliathus Alpha  Headphones: MMX300  Case: Antec DF-85

I'm so keen for this

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

meh. got video proof of frame increase? if not all BS until then

Thank you captain optimistic 

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

unless nvidia supported it, then they would be just the same they are now but higher

I doubt it will have the same performance increase on Nvidia cards as it does on GCN cards, we'll have to wait and see though.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

20% boost is very good if that's a worse case scenario, that's more than enough to allow a card like the 7950 running mantle to surpass a 7970 running opengl / direct x.

The biggest revelation for me was the below quote

"Mantle can basically “see” multiple GCN-based GPUs as a single GPU"

This will work wonders for crossfire users.

The biggest revelation for me was the below quote

"Mantle can basically “see” multiple GCN-based GPUs as a single GPU"

This will work wonders for crossfire users.

Especially if it's true that it eliminates microstuttering.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

They would have to totally redesign the cards xD

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

omg O_O in best case scenario we'd have the 270x competing with the 780 and Titan....

With r9 290X 4 way crossfire and this.... the FPS would be sooooo high O_O imagine if vavle add support for this and we play CS:Source on 4 way R9 290x .... I think AMD will break the 1000fps mark :P

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

JUST THOUGHT I'D ADD THAT I SAID MANTLE WOULD BE A 20% PERFORMANCE INCREASE!

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

:OO please nvidia support it

you're not the only one out there i wish for it toooooooo!!

i want to buy a 760 because of physx  but mantle is changing my mind

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Obviously Lower tier CPU/GPU's are going to benefit a lot from this, especially since lower tier GPU systems usually have a lower tier CPU.

Good stuff all round for lower level gaming performance ie: APU GPU's which are getting closer to 7770 levels.(kaveri).., the lower end discrete cards like 7750-7770 and such even my choice baseline gaming card the 7850, up to 20% on top of a 30-40fps experience would make it much more enjoyable, also allowing more in game eye candy at the same performance level.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

They would have to totally redesign the cards xD

It clearly would not mean that considering GCN architectures were listed as compatible (if thats what was meant by 'modern nVidia cards')

Nvidia doesn't have to modify anything, neither has intel (HD 5000 graphics on notebooks, we may run even more games on them).

To allow the use of the API to other manufacturer AMD has to integrate the drivers to the code (or if it's open Nvidia/intel can do it themselves). This maybe doesn't impact that much on performance, as Mantle is design for GCN architecture; but means developers can just code for mantle and that's it.

Amazing news. Now mantle is real competitor to G-Sync. Now all we need is G-Sync for AMD! :)

Guys comon ...

Mantle isn't something that couldn't be done on a NVIDIA card. Hell, Dice already said, that Frostbite includeds some low level NVIDIA API stuff ...

You thinke all the major developers can just ignore this (2/3 of the gpus aren't AMD ones) ?

5foSJKg.png

AMD might have an advantage for a half a year or maybe a whole year ...

But up till now we haven't even seen any improvements, but rather only big marketing words ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

The R9-290 keeps getting more appeling, first awsome value then free BF4 and finally this.

And so is the GTX 780.

Awesome value right now.

3 major and really new titles.

Aftermarket coolers available NOW.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log