Mantle Will Boost Performance By 20-50%, Nvidia Can Add Support.

And so is the GTX 780.

Awesome value right now.

3 major and really new titles.

Aftermarket coolers available NOW.

Costs 100$ more where i live, i will only play BF4 anyway.

Allthough coolers would be nice.

If nvidea supports this, I will never buy amd again. Gsync + mantle + shadowplay = nvidea fanboy created.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

If nvidea supports this, I will never buy amd again. Gsync + mantle + shadowplay = nvidea fanboy created.

What an ignorant thing to say, you thank AMD for letting Nvidia use its superior development language by not buying AMD cards ?

If anything AMD should be commended for their efforts to push the industry forwards and give every single gamer a better experience.

*nivea fanboy created :P

But i totally agree. And you forgot Physics. UE4 will have loads support for it. And unreal engine was allways best :D

I just hope that G-Sync will be licensed to AMD as well, so that both parties will end up running a performance race for our benefit.

Costs 100$ more where i live, i will only play BF4 anyway.

Allthough coolers would be nice.

So? It is 50€ more than a R290 here as well, but the 780 slightly oced performs on par with a R9 290x ?!

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Will this only increase FPS or also smooth out some of the framedrops?

144Hz goodness

Think of it more as a CPU helping algorithm than GPU based...sure the GPU performance will rise due to less overhead on the CPU.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

So? It is 50€ more than a R290 here as well, but the 780 slightly oced performs on par with a R9 290x ?!

it's quite a lot more here too, value arguments are invalid because of the international nature of the forums

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Liking AMD and disliking nVidia I really hope they don't implement this :P

But being a PC gamer I hope they put tier ego's aside and get mantle so it get's an other boost and we can finally get rid of this horrific DirectX mess.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

Here is my problem with this... There are no hard numbers, no hard data. The article itself on Fudzilla states "AMD claims 20 to 50 percent". The fact is, until we have hard facts this is just to stir up interest. Claims are worth spit without hard data, we should all know that.

The other things coming out of this, that Mantle is able to be used on competitor products? Well, that is nice, stupid business wise, but nice. We'll see if Nvidia adopts it and what performance gains it gives. If Nvidia adopts support, well AMD is still going to be behind I am betting.

I know everyone is talking about boosts to gaming, but will this have any impact on GPGPU?

What an ignorant thing to say, you thank AMD for letting Nvidia use its superior development language by not buying AMD cards ?

If anything AMD should be commended for their efforts to push the industry forwards and give every single gamer a better experience.

Unfortunately I don't buy products because of the company that created the features. Sure, I give credit to AMD for their amazing price:performance cards, and creating mantle, but to be honest, I buy products because they have the features and performance I want. Mantle + Shadowplay + Gsync all together in tandem would be AMAZING.Of course, if AMD gets Gsync support, then that will change everything. No news on that though.

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I'm still going for AMD due to the memory and seeing that it will preform even more? METRO SHALL BE MY BITCH >: D

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I know everyone is talking about boosts to gaming, but will this have any impact on GPGPU?

Most probably not ...

I'd say

CUDA is to OpenCL what

Mantle is to DirectX/OpenGL

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Most probably not ...

It say

CUDA is to OpenCL what

Mantle is to DirectX/OpenGL

So no one will use it? What?

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Well... I am still waiting for real numbers and not only claims but I like this so far. I guess Mantle will be avaible for AMD only for some time and then it may come to be avaible for competitors. If NVidia will be truly able to use mantle then I expect them to let also use GSynch for competitors. If not, that would be quite sad.

*snip

The nVidia API is used for basic stuff, not for rendering and STEAM survey doesn't has info about all the computers + most of them are last gen so they aren't supported by either of the manufacturers.

Here is my problem with this... There are no hard numbers, no hard data. The article itself on Fudzilla states "AMD claims 20 to 50 percent". The fact is, until we have hard facts this is just to stir up interest. Claims are worth spit without hard data, we should all know that.

They just released it. You don't think it might take some time for games to adopt it fully? And more time for them to validate the performance increase? And then even more time for demonstrations?

Game devs seem excited about this, they wouldn't be unless there was some potentially significant performance increases. But it's going to depend on how well devs integrate Mantle and how well it can be integrated into their code (re-structuring source code is not desirable). 

Be patient.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

its good to know amd are allowing it to be open or it is open without amd being able to restrict it

either way nvida needs to do this with stuff like g-sync and physx(maybe not 100% physx but up to like 50%)

I cant bloody wait now, my i3 is big bottleneck and if the api uses the gpu more then my performance will be a lot higher, hopefully the dev teams out in the world use the code well and dont butcher it.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

its good to know amd are allowing it to be open or it is open without amd being able to restrict it

either way nvida needs to do this with stuff like g-sync and physx(maybe not 100% physx but up to like 50%)

physx just makes it harder to code and less effeicent. g sync is pretty good but it doesnt improve performance in any way.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

You are all dreaming of amd and nvidia to support each others technologies. So why dont they become the same company and create the perfect graphics cards?

physx just makes it harder to code and less effeicent. g sync is pretty good but it doesnt improve performance in any way.

makes it harder but it does make it better if it is used correctly i have yet to see a game which fully utilizes physx and makes it a better game experience with it

You are all dreaming of amd and nvidia to support each others technologies. So why dont they become the same company and create the perfect graphics cards?

because competition is essential or else you end up with 1000$ gpus... o wait...

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB