Why do people hate razer

MrKappa

Here's a short list of things I dislike about Razer:

• Changing their switches from Cherry to Kailh and use that as a reason to increase the prices of their keyboards
  • Re-releasing the same mouse every few years with minor upgrades and a significant increase in price. I paid 38€ for the original DeathAdder. If I want the current DeathAdder, from the very same store, it would cost me 76,90€
  • Using RGB as a reason to retire old products so that they can sell the RGB stuff at a significantly higher price
  • Putting RGB into everything: They are the only one with a god damn RGB mousepad
  • Releasing expensive-as-shit versions of their products (Collector's Edition Diamondback, Kraken Forged, Collector's Edition Boomslang)
  • They have way too many mousepads that aren't significantly different

Back in the day, Razer used to be reasonably priced. Krait, Diamondback, Copperhead and the original DeathAdder were all well-priced. Nowadays, their competition has increased from just Logitech to a whole lineup of companies, a lot of whom do not suffer from Razer's bad history with things. SteelSeries and Func are legends when it comes to mousepads. Logitech has been known for excellent quality for years now. HyperX released an excellent headset. Corsair cornered the gaming keyboard market with Cherry offerings.

I own and use, sorted from newest to oldest: SteelSeries 6Gv2. Microsoft SideWinder X4. Mionix Naos 7000. Zowie EC1 Evo. Microsoft SideWinder X8. Microsoft IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0. Dell U2414H. Samsung P2270H. AKG K273 Pro. Sennheiser HD555. Razer Goliathus Speed Medium. Func 1030 L. Qpad CT Medium.

I used to own: Razer DeathAdder 3G. Razer Krait. IntelliMouse Optical 1.1. SteelSeries QcK.

Here's a short list of things I dislike about Razer:

• Changing their switches from Cherry to Kailh and use that as a reason to increase the prices of their keyboards
  • Re-releasing the same mouse every few years with minor upgrades and a significant increase in price. I paid 38€ for the original DeathAdder. If I want the current DeathAdder, from the very same store, it would cost me 76,90€
  • Using RGB as a reason to retire old products so that they can sell the RGB stuff at a significantly higher price
  • Putting RGB into everything: They are the only one with a god damn RGB mousepad
  • Releasing expensive-as-shit versions of their products (Collector's Edition Diamondback, Kraken Forged, Collector's Edition Boomslang)
  • They have way too many mousepads that aren't significantly different

Back in the day, Razer used to be reasonably priced. Krait, Diamondback, Copperhead and the original DeathAdder were all well-priced. Nowadays, their competition has increased from just Logitech to a whole lineup of companies, a lot of whom do not suffer from Razer's bad history with things. SteelSeries and Func are legends when it comes to mousepads. Logitech has been known for excellent quality for years now. HyperX released an excellent headset. Corsair cornered the gaming keyboard market with Cherry offerings.

You, sir, deserve a cookie, or a fishie stick. Your choice. I couldn't have said it better even if I tried. That's just about exactly why I don't like Razer. @OP, you should select olbaze as best answer because that was a very unbiased writing, and very honest too. I liked it.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

I can't speak for the QC but I totally disagree with the support statement. I've contacted them for things that aren't even related to their products (Hitman Pro found a false positive mouse/keyboard activity monitor and I emailed support to ask if it was part of Synapse) and they responded very shortly with the answer I was looking for.

I've never heard someone talk shit about Razer support that actually USED Razer support.

A friend of mine tried to get the motherboard replaced on his 17" razer blade, under warranty, because it died. They tried to charge him over $1,000 for it. He still ended up paying a few hundred for it to get done. Razer has shit support.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

lol

After 2013, their quality went down the toilet.

I still really want to buy a Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 with the MX Blues :wub:

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

I guess that's one bad experience. but I've never had any trouble with them. Can't really base a general assumption on their support based off of one of many experiences.

Except for that there are tons if people who report issues like my friend have. Have you even tried looking at people's reports on razer support? A larger number than should be acceptable are bad experiences.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

Let's fix up the answer:
The quality isn't "crap" or "shitty". It's good. But, the quality compared to the amount of money they ask for is way out of balance.

Example: Logitech. Legendary quality (I used to throw my $5 mouse across the room just to see if it would still work. Long story short, still works), and customer suppport. So what they ask for (money wise) is more than reasonable.

Razer, not so much.

Code-name Nyx: R7-3800X w/ Scythe Fuma 2 Rev. B | Sapphire RX 5600XT | Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | Patriot Viper 4 Blackout | 3TB NVMe Storage| Cooler Master NR200 | Kubuntu/Windows 11 | Xiaomi Mi Curved 34" | Keebwerk Mega | Logitech G602 | Audio Technica ATH-M40X| Edifier e25 Luna

I have a blue Razer Copperhead, which is ancient and still working.

Sure, I had to repair it once, because the right button contact was worn off due to heavy use. I took it apart, some glue and something tiny to make contact when I click it and it's still going.

I love it and I'm not planning to replace it while it still works.

If I ever would have to replace my mouse due to some freak accident, I would seriously consider buying Razer's Ouroboros.

I don't like their keyboards though. Not because they are Razer, but because I like Logitech's G keyboards with displays :P I have old original G15 still working. Showing some wear aswell, Replacing it with G19s most likely.

--

Oh and about support. Back when my Copperhead still had active guarantee, my chinchilla ate the Copperhead's cord and I asked support what are my options. I got a new one with 35% of the actual price. Considering this was my own fault, I was very happy with this. This was years ago ofc, don't know how it is today.

ASUS Sabertooth X79 :: Intel Core i7-3930K @ 4.6GHz + Corsair H100i GTX :: 32GB Corsair Dominator GT CL9 DDR3 :: Gigabyte GeForce GTX680 OC 4GB :: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (OS) :: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (VM) :: Western Digital Black 1TB (games & buffer) :: Corsair Professional Series™ Gold AX650 650W :: Corsair Graphite 600T Special White Edition :: Plextor DVD-writer :: Logitech G15 Blue :: Razer Copperheard Blue :: Logitech F710 Gamepad :: Logitech G25 :: Saitek X52 Pro

A friend of mine tried to get the motherboard replaced on his 17" razer blade, under warranty, because it died. They tried to charge him over $1,000 for it. He still ended up paying a few hundred for it to get done. Razer has shit support.

Idk, at one point I had a (actually really cool, wish I didn't sell it) Razer hydra. The micro USB cable broke, and they just sent me a new one.

However that was just a micro USB cable.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

The only one I've ever owned.

razer-proclick-3cv-460.jpg

Was brilliant, a VERY VERY light mouse, great for twitch shooting, while the DPI is still low by todays standards, at the time of release, it was good enough, and I got used to its ease of use and was quite the run n gun FPS shooter with this in my hands.

Lasted about 4 years, a record in some peoples eyes... I loved this thing for how quick it felt gliding across surfaces and how good the response feels in game.

It's for me.....a great example of a no frills, hardly any features, yet a solid performing product, and it didn't break (white surface cover came off pretty quickly with prolonged contact)

I have my brothers Razer headset on right now,(dunno what model, but they cost him $180 about 2 years ago) and my mobo has a headphone amp, front and back,.., these things are SOOOO quiet (not loud enough) at max volume, they sound like my Tt Shock Spins @ 30%, and those Tt SS headphones are crisp all the way to 90% volume. These razer ones are shit!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

It's kinda like Apple. Expensive, yet no different than other manufacturers, just made fancy.

But apple actually uses premium materials like aluminum

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

But apple actually uses premium materials like aluminum

So dies razer, on all the same products that Apple uses aluminum on...

Only difference is that Apple products actually have a tendency to work.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

So dies razer, on all the same products that Apple uses aluminum on...

Only difference is that Apple products actually have a tendency to work.

Not keyboards.

Basically all apple things have aluminum. Razer aluminum is just the blade

Not keyboards.

Basically all apple things have aluminum. Razer aluminum is just the blade

And the kraken forged. Besides, mechanical keyboards are different. A lot of people build very high end keyboards out of just acrylic. Not to mention, all modern apple boards use chiclet keys, so that hardly counts. And I don't like their desktop track pad things. I think those are stupid. At least razer makes actual mice...

Hey! New SIgnature! 

And the kraken forged. Besides, mechanical keyboards are different. A lot of people build very high end keyboards out of just acrylic. Not to mention, all modern apple boards use chiclet keys, so that hardly counts. And I don't like their desktop track pad things. I think those are stupid. At least razer makes actual mice...

Yeah, apple mice are terrible...

But Razer keyboards areNot built nicely.

I had one for a few days.

iPhone 6 aluminum was so premium...

If you're referencing the bending issue, then you clearly don't know much about aluminum.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I guess that's one bad experience. but I've never had any trouble with them. Can't really base a general assumption on their support based off of one of many experiences.

I can also say I've never had a bad experience with a Razer product or their support. Had one of the classic Naga's with blue lighting back from 2011 and it still works perfectly to this day although I retired it for a DA Chroma 7 months ago but apart from a little layer of scratched paint on the Naga from all the times I dropped it back in my careless days you would think it was new.

As for their support, the only two other products I own are one of their Blackwidow keyboards from 2014 and a Deathadder Chroma, I went with Razer again as I can only base my experience from what I had with them which was positive. As a result I only contacted their support once as I had a young nephew of mine go to town on my Blackwidow and he damaged it cosmetically(mostly scratches and some chipped paint) the actual keyboard still worked perfect, I thought it was a long shot since there was no actual damage to the way the keyboard performed but I contacted Razer and after a few emails and a painless RMA approval they sent me a brand new keyboard with packaging and everything, plus they paid shipping both ways....I don't think a lot of companies would do that for cosmetic damage.... just sharing my experience with the company.

I don't think quality is a problem. I bought an abyssus mouse 3 years ago and I still use it as a portable/laptop mouse. 3 years isn't that long but given that it's standard storage is wadded up and shoved into a backpack I give it props for still working great.

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

I can attest to the build quality of Razer mice, my 3.5 Deathadder still works and it's 4 years old now. The cord looks beaten to shit and the finish is almost gone, but it works.

That said I think for what you pay for you should at the very least look at the other options available. 

Valid argument xD

Got another one for you....i stopped liking Corsair stuff for personal builds because of the new HRM logo that looks like a tramp stamp when compared to the original logo that looked classy IMO. 

post-3854-0-85172100-1446653394.jpg

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.