Why do people hate razer

MrKappa

I think you can still get them. They're called the Razer black widow ultimate classic if I'm sure. I don't have it but I've seen it.

Oh really? I may have to have a look. I really do like Razer's branding and the design of their products because they are sleek and just fit really well into a clean, minimalist setup - However, they just do not last. Take the keyboards for example, none of them are of rigid build quality and they are all made of plastic. For a similar price you can get a Corsair K70 - Made of solid aluiminium with real Cherry's :D :lol:

Overpriced and shit quality!

I have a taipan, the worst mouse i've ever used!! 6 months after having it i now i have to unplug it from my pc whenever i turn it on then replug it in wait 10min and even then it tracks like shit! I'd honestly rather use some generic bs peripherals of ebay for like $2 then ever use another razer product!

No don't use the taipan, it's probably their worst product. Try the naga, I have it and its great for LOL DoTA and WOW

Oh really? I may have to have a look. I really do like Razer's branding and the design of their products because they are sleek and just fit really well into a clean, minimalist setup - However, they just do not last. Take the keyboards for example, none of them are of rigid build quality and they are all made of plastic. For a similar price you can get a Corsair K70 - Made of solid aluiminium with real Cherry's :D :lol:

Yeah, they're really well mixed with my setup as I have a black case.

I managed to get my naba and black widow together for 60 pounds thou

Let me tell you something, I am typing this on a Blackwidow and using my Naga Hex. I used to own those Piece of shit Kraken Pros. Their audio is so far from quality. If one HAS to have a Mic/Headphone combo the Hyper X Cloud 2's blow the kraken pros right out of the water. As for keyboards? Yeah far from bad but far from quality. They used cheap Chinese switches and some cheap plastic that they made feel good by making it matte black. The switches are not as bright as they seem, under the switches is all green making the light of them bounce better. As for the mice, the DeathAdder is the ONLY mouse I would want to use from; however, still sucks. They use even cheaper plastic, scroll wheels are complete shit and Razer Synapse sucks. For my keyboard I wish I would of gone with a Ducky and Corsair ( And I fucking hate Corsair ) and for the mouse, a Mionix Castor NAOS 7000. For Audio.... Please I wish no one has to auffer with the Kraken Pros or anything from them. Audio is complete and utterly garbage and should be considered for nothing.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

Where can you see which edition you have? I have a normal blackwidow and the LED in it is blue, and MX blue switches. No idea from which year it is... It can be 2012 tho :D I already have it 3 years.

I have the same, never had any issues with it hardware wise and I've had it for ~3 years.

I bought a Deathadder about 6 months to a year after I bought the keyboard, and the mouse scroll wheel broke 6 months ago :\ I couldn't find any other mice I like for the same price so I bought another one.

Oh, and before the Deathadder, I had a Naga Epic for a month or two, it was terrible (I returned it). 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Would not bother. Go for a Corsair or Ducky with if you want simple and pure quality. As stated above, Typing this on a Blackwidow

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe

I have the same, never had any issues with it hardware wise and I've had it for ~3 years.

I bought a Deathadder about 6 months to a year after I bought the keyboard, and the mouse scroll wheel broke 6 months ago :\ I couldn't find any other mice I like for the same price so I bought another one.

Oh, and before the Deathadder, I had a Naga Epic for a month or two, it was terrible (I returned it).

You may enjoy the Mionix NAOS 7000 if you ever decide to get a new mouse. Very good, quality. Imagine the DeathAdder but better.

Because people like to hate =]

people say "overpriced" thats bs... i can find other stuff at similar prices for the same product......

I dont know much about the quality ive only had the death adder mouse which i liked but i prefer my  logitech mice =p

Razer? Quality? WHAAAAAA???

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

I love Razer, I don't like them because of their fancy lights I like them due to the high quality they put in their products. Please just tell me why you don't like them, it boggles my mind.

Overpriced

Quality sucks ass

Razer just sucks in general :/ 

You can get a Corsair K70 for around the same price and you get a higher quality product.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

My keyboard is still going strong :) If  i would have the money i would get a ducky or a steelseries tho. The razer logo makes me going "meh" now and then... 

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

I'll give you an example to make it more clear to you.

Razer launches the razer blackwidow. A keyboard with MX blue switches, the switches are not cheap, but the quality is very good.

Razer gives it a price to match, everything is fine.

New cheaper switches become available, quality is worse, and price is lower. Razer swaps the switches used in the blackwidow from MX blue to cheap switches.

Retail price stays exacly the same. But the quality went down. Soo yea...

Captain, this is out of topic, but... your profile picture is too cool to be ignored

So, where does that scene came from?

Razer do get a bashing and I've not had any issues with them.

I reckon the only reason I like my Blackwidow and Deathadder is cause I got them for £30 (brand new).

If I was to pay the RRP price, I would've suicided.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I reckon the only reason I like my Blackwidow and Deathadder is cause I got them for £30 (brand new).

Where the fuck did you find a Blackwidow for £30? :lol: <_< 5 finger discount?

love my deathadder mouse too and its already 2 years old or so,was 50 bucks oO"           

i tested some of the kraken headsets but theyve been heavy or noise problems with the sleeved cables touching anything

Spoiler

CPU i7 4790K 4,7Ghz Cooling:Corsair H100iGTX+Noctua NF-F12PWM GPU: EVGA 1080ti SC+ ACX2.0+ RAM:16GB DDR3 1866mhz Crucial Balistics Tactical Tracer Mobo:ASUS Z97-AR PSU:EVGA 750W G2 Supernova Case:Fractal Meshify C Storage:500GB Samsung 850 evo, 900GB Toshiba Game Storage SSD, 2TB Data HDD

i7 4790k Devils Canyon OC @4,6Ghz,Cooler Corsair h100i GTX, GPU EVGA 980Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ @ stoc

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/278610-display-technology-faqmythbuster/

Honestly, I think it has a to do with what you could get for the same price as a lot of Razer products, as well as since they are so popular, you also hear the most about their quality control and faulty products.

I never had a problem with my Razer Deathadder or Blackwidow, but I did just get Mionix Castor because I had the money, and was wanting something new.

Pretty happy with the Castor, I may get the Naos later but it's one of those subtle things with the shape that I'll probably get used to.

Razer makes decent stuff, but hardly make the best, I could think of three products I'd recommend over the Death Adder. Zowie FK 2, Mionix Castor, and Logitech G302.

I have never had any issues with any razer products that I own. My razer Deathstalker (which I've had for 6 months) and Kraken 7.1 headset is bloody fantastic and I've never had any issues with them. Also my razer Naga Molten has performed brilliantly for the past 3-4 years with no complaints. Whether I've been lucky or not is another matter but I think the quality is damn good.

Whilst I do agree that they're a bit overpriced, I'd still prioritise getting razer gear over other brands due to my awesome experience with them.

:)

Captain, this is out of topic, but... your profile picture is too cool to be ignored

So, where does that scene came from?

All i know that it's from initial D, but i have no idea from which episode D: Sorry...

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Overpriced Plastic...

~~ Intel Xeon E5-2696 v4, Asus X99-A II, Adata 2x8 GB, EVGA GTX 980Ti FTW, InWin 303, Dell U3415W~~

Where can you see which edition you have? I have a normal blackwidow and the LED in it is blue, and MX blue switches. No idea from which year it is... It can be 2012 tho :D I already have it 3 years.

Then  I'm pretty sure you got the 2013 special/retro edition, which is a throwback to when Razer used blue in everything, instead of green (Note: I am aware that they started out with green, then moved to blue, then back to green, but razer's blue led products were from when razer really grew into their own.)

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

Then  I'm pretty sure you got the 2013 special/retro edition, which is a throwback to when Razer used blue in everything, instead of green (Note: I am aware that they started out with green, then moved to blue, then back to green, but razer's blue led products were from when razer really grew into their own.)

Doesn't look like a special edition to me :P oh well, it works soo...

Doesn't look like a special edition to me :P oh well, it works soo...

It's not a limited run or anything, but it was something that razer did for a year, as a throwback to when their colors were still blue.

Hey! New SIgnature! 

I'm supposedly a person on the Internet, but you'll never know if I'm human or not ;)

It's not a limited run or anything, but it was something that razer did for a year, as a throwback to when their colors were still blue.

Well, i'm happy they did that because it actually matches the rest of my build :D Makes it look like one of their better moments, oh well :)

Razer products are generally overpriced. They have decent quality but durability is shit. Razer products are really flashy but their RGB is very good